Dressing Better Vol 2.0

What size are you? That RL Academy one posted was pretty nice and there's still a large and up left on the site for around the same price as that J. Crew one.
XL. Thanks I checked it out, I'm really feeling that "Dried Olive" color that J-Crew has though. Clean :smh:

Last edited:
Scotch talk again

Anyone try Oban 14? My girl and I exchanged gifts today and she got me a bottle of that stuff. Won't open it up until tomorrow night probably

Holiday TU with the tesm.

(illmatickal, myself, freshfeet, storm2006)
Happy Holidays from LA. Missing NCtwin and Iron Man.

grand central market?

Winner.

Where can your boy find a coat like this?
How much do you want to spend? A lot of brands make them, from Zara to mall brands like BR to J. Crew to higher end brands.

Brixton Drivers Cap
Brooklyn Circus Shelby Blues Varsity
CPO Parson's Vest
Brooklyn Circus Tweed Button Down
J. Crew 484 Jeans
PF Flyers Center HI Wool w/Leather
:pimp: looking good, man.

anyone know where i could cop a stylish peacoat type jacket for not too much bread? i really like this one from J Crew but sold out in my size. http://www.jcrew.com/mens_category/outerwear/wool/PRDOVR~05536/05536.jsp?color_name=dried-olive
You can go to a local J. Crew and have them locate one in the stores around the country. I have a feeling there's one out there somewhere.

Didn't even get an invite... sad feels :frown: :frown: :frown:

Been meaning to hit Grand Central market, heavily underrated.

I was in Vegas, so would've "rain checked" :frown:

Dang, I thought you were busy! Hipster central, man. We walked to Little Tokyo afterwards.

Just saw the spoiler... :lol:

Saw Anchorman 2, and man...I love the style from that era...the bold suits and old school button downs. If I didn't find turtle necks itchy, I'd wear them under a blazer/suit jacket heavily.

With that said, today:

Last edited:
Scotch talk again

Anyone try Oban 14? My girl and I exchanged gifts today and she got me a bottle of that stuff. Won't open it up until tomorrow night probably

Oban is one of my favorites.

Been drinking a lot of Macallan 12, Balvenie doublewood 12, Laphraoig 10 and recently tasted Caol Ila 12.

Bought a bottle of Aberfeldy 12 for a friend, great value for only $30. I have highland park 12 on deck for tomorrow's xmas eve dinner.

Wouldn't really go past Zara prices.

I'm looking for one in the exact color... JCrew has a gray one but $450 is steep if you have a lot of jackets in rotation... Side bar: I wish Zara clothes didn't run so small. An xl in there is like a small everywhere else.

I'm looking for one in the exact color... JCrew has a gray one but $450 is steep if you have a lot of jackets in rotation... Side bar: I wish Zara clothes didn't run so small. An xl in there is like a small everywhere else.
$450 is not that steep for a quality overcoat to be honest. This thing will last you years, if not decades with proper care. Also, rule 1 of J. Crew is to never pay retail. 15% off with student discount at the very least.

Wouldn't really go past Zara prices.
Then there you have it...Uniqlo, H&M, Zara, maybe even BR or J. Crew on sale.

Last edited:

Been drinking a lot of Macallan 12, Balvenie doublewood 12, Laphraoig 10 and recently tasted Caol Ila 12.

Bought a bottle of Aberfeldy 12 for a friend, great value for only $30. I have highland park 12 on deck for tomorrow's xmas eve dinner.

Highland Park 12 was nice, especially at the price. I don't remember exactly how much it was but I don't remember paying much for it.

Need help guys. Looking for a polka dot dress shirt (white shirt with black polka dots) for NYE. Preferably, one with larger polka dots.

Need help guys. Looking for a polka dot dress shirt (white shirt with black polka dots) for NYE. Preferably, one with larger polka dots.

epaulet has a couple. not sure it will get to you in time though.

Came in here to say epaulet. I don't know if it's still in stock but it's exactly what you're looking for and that shirt is fire.

Scotch talk again

Oban is definitely a winner. Trying to scoop a bottle of johnnie blue for tonight

Oban is good stuff, I need to pick that up and some macallan 12. Glenmorangie is a nice cheap gift too, nice Segway into the world of scotch. got a gift set of that with two whiskey glasses for ~30 bucks.

Haven't had platinum. Double black isn't that bad either. But I feel like blue is the type of scotch that even not scotch drinkers can appreciate. I've given laphraoig a shot but is way too peaty for my taste.

Came in here to say epaulet. I don't know if it's still in stock but it's exactly what you're looking for and that shirt is fire.

Thanks @TypeRPinoy and @Storm2006

I actually have a few friends going up to NYC for Christmas. I already asked them to be on the lookout for me, so hopefully they can find it at the shop in NY. I have a backup plan in case it doesn't work out. I'm probably going ito end up with the black suit,

Suit Supply tuxedo shirt

Dwyane Wade bow tie from The Tie Bar

Green lapel flower

and green tassel slippers

Last edited:
Haven't had platinum. Double black isn't that bad either. But I feel like blue is the type of scotch that even not scotch drinkers can appreciate. I've given laphraoig a shot but is way too peaty for my taste.

Try Caol Ila 12 if you can, it's peaty but smoother than Laphraoig 10. Bottle of it is more expensive though.

Oban is good stuff, I need to pick that up and some macallan 12. Glenmorangie is a nice cheap gift too, nice Segway into the world of scotch. got a gift set of that with two whiskey glasses for ~30 bucks.

If I were to gift a scotch to a scotch drinker, it would be macallan 18.

I have a bottle of Glenmorangie 10 in my crib, good value at about $40 for a bottle. Where are you located that you can get it for $30?

If you guys are looking for whiskey glasses, look into Glencairn whisky glasses. Official. you can get them from Amazon.

Back
Top Bottom