Dressing Better Vol 2.0

Is it possible to buy an entire suit off JCrew.com? I can find the jacket or pants but never a match... Also a 44r is an equivalent to a US xl correct?

Last edited:
Is it possible to buy an entire suit off JCrew.com? I can find the jacket or pants but never a match... Also a 44r is an equivalent to a US xl correct?
:lol: J. Crew sells a plethora of suits. Look under the Ludlow section. With suit, it is best to go off the actual number, and not sizing. You are right though in general, but it can differ with brands and cuts.

Drinking Better thread?

An early Merry Christmas, you well-dressed fools.

They gave me 2 chocolate balls with liquor inside at work today, I was wildin' out. Found myself unconscious in the bathroom 10 mins before it was time to go home.

Happy Holidays to all you gents :pimp:

Bathroom selfie before FML at midnight mass

What do you guys recommend for good quality plain tees?

Looking at some from Everlane right now.

I don't mind paying >$30 for good ones.

These H&M tees are good for one wear, basically throw-aways. :lol:

Honestly been looking for a long and somewhat thick tees but haven't had much luck.

Void the Brand is good for the price but it is thin and almost transparent at time. Retail is $60+ but on sale it is decent.

Silent tees are great but those retail for $100+, they can often be found for sale at $50-$70 but it's still thin and delicate.

If I had the resources and aren't lazy, I'd make a simple tee, Hanes thickness (not sheer at all but still soft) and maybe another with those vintage tee feel and just make them 3"-5" longer. That should also compensate an inch or two for shrinkage after a wash. I think there is a market for that for about $15-$20 a tee? Or a bundle of 3-pack for $35-$40? I'd certainly stock up and wear them daily, should work well as an undershirt too since the longer length will keep it from being untucked.

Do et.

Resources ain't a thang, just crowdsource it.

Laziness, well I guess that depends on you :lol:

Some of my Everlane tees are bacon-necking right now. Not a good look. Also, they run a tad bit smaller.

I recommend J.Crew broken-in tees. They are great even after multiple washes.

If you want the classic fitted t shirts, try J. Crew. They last a long time. Mine are still strong with 15+ wears.

If you want a drapey fit, then we would have to look elsewhere.

If you want the classic fitted t shirts, try J. Crew. They last a long time. Mine are still strong with 15+ wears.

If you want a drapey fit, then we would have to look elsewhere.

Ah I see, thanks for the recommendation.

Gonna wait until the 50% off hits the outlets again and I'll grab a couple. I never thought to check J.Crew for t-shirts of all things. :lol:

Last edited:
Ah I see, thanks for the recommendation.

Gonna wait until the 50% off hits the outlets again and I'll grab a couple. I never thought to check J.Crew for t-shirts of all things. :LOL

I'm not sure if the quality of the outlet ones are the same as the main store, just an FYI.

It's well known that brands make items geared towards the outlets. This is why the designs of the tags are even different. There will be cases that some main store items get transferred, but this is not the case in most situations.

I usually stock up when there is a promotion of sort. I have several white and gray short and long sleeves on deck. They are my staple pieces. When I don't have to really dress up, I'm usually in them.

My white short sleeve t is starting to wear down, but I wore them heavily since April or so. For around $20, it's had a good run.

Last edited:
Half-Yearly stuff is up on Nordstrom.com now. Might have to search a bit, but here are some highlights:

Browse the sale section, more than 1500 items up right now.

How's the quality and sizing of ASOS?

They have a decent sale going right now. All the models are like 6'2 but wear mediums, which is the size I usually get. I'm 5'7. :lol:

Back
Top Bottom