Dressing Better Vol 2.0

by the way he worded the question it seems like he thinks it is too small which is definitely not the case. it probably doesn't feel loose to him but there is definitely room to size down.

Yea, if he had on just like a t-shirt underneath, I'd probably say it looks fine. It looks like he is pretty layered underneath so I agree that he could size down.

Overall verdict, a little big but you could pull it off and it doesn't look funny on you.

For $150 total, good deal for SNS Herning scarf and hat? Any recommendations on the quality?

Hey, bros.

Passed by Jcrew and I was really feeling this jacket. Picked it up. How do you guys think the fit is?

Looks good to me. I bought the J Crew Factory version of that jacket a couple years ago and wore it during fall-winter-spring that year I got it. Pretty versatile jacket.

For $150 total, good deal for SNS Herning scarf and hat? Any recommendations on the quality?
Sns is good quality and will last for years. Personally I've never dropped that much for a scarf and beanie though. The most I paid for a scarf was like $120 for an on sale Valentino one for mom.

Body Length looks good, but the sleeves look long.. Hard to tell if there is room in the chest, but does it feel loose on you?
by the way he worded the question it seems like he thinks it is too small which is definitely not the case. it probably doesn't feel loose to him but there is definitely room to size down.
Yea, if he had on just like a t-shirt underneath, I'd probably say it looks fine. It looks like he is pretty layered underneath so I agree that he could size down.

Overall verdict, a little big but you could pull it off and it doesn't look funny on you.
looks big
Appreciate all the feedback dudes. I'm about 6'3" 190, so sizing down to a M seems crazy to me. I was most concerned about the length (I guess I'm just used to wearing my jackets oversized 
grin.gif
). Everything else feels good. Armpits are a little snug, but I'm hoping it will settle a little and loosen up in that regard. I pretty much wanted to make sure it doesn't look goofy on me. Being tall and thin isn't the easiest body type to pull off.

Bros I think the Denim Jacket is the God wardrobe item, lol it can be worn with literally anything I swear.

Idk what it is but I don't think I can pull a denim jacket off, maybe I'm too ugly? I'm sure that with time this thread will motivate me to buy one. :lol:

Last edited:
I'm with you man. Denim jackets just aren't my cup of tea.

More power to those who can pull it off though.

I always feel like denim has to match. Maybe it's the oldhead in me, when I was in high school, the Guess matching denim jackets and jeans was the in thing.

Did you go to high school in the late 90's and early 2000's? That was a great era for the full body denim suit. The Mecca Denim suit with the wax coating and magnetic buttons was fiyah in 2001.

I once wore that suit with a cup underneath as well as some boots, my paintball mask and gloves and I was very well armored for paintball. :lol:

Did you go to high school in the late 90's and early 2000's? That was a great era for the full body denim suit. The Mecca Denim suit with the wax coating and magnetic buttons was fiyah in 2001.

I once wore that suit with a cup underneath as well as some boots, my paintball mask and gloves and I was very well armored for paintball. :lol:
Class of 2003. The shiny joints :pimp: :lol:

^ Class of 2000 and I believe I had that exact same Rocawear jacket towards the end of my senior year
laugh.gif
mean.gif
mean.gif

Class of 2003. The shiny joints :pimp: :lol:

i had 2..but i was mad late didnt rock em til like 06 already a few years into college :lol:

as for the GATs.. they remind me of some S. carters i had back then. hov!

not sure i'd spend more than this on that style..

http://four-pins.com/style/jcpenney...make-proverbial-struggle-look-halfway-decent/

lol

Last edited:
I thank God I didn't ever wear any of that. I've got some cringeworthy old pics but mostly because of stuff that just didn't fit. Not even urbanwear but clothing from J Crew or wherever that was the wrong size.

Bros I think the Denim Jacket is the God wardrobe item, lol it can be worn with literally anything I swear.

:smokin Literally wear my Levi trucker almost everyday. Probably the most versatile article of clothing I own. Dressed up, dressed down, sleeves rolled in the spring /summer, layered with a cardigan underneath in the fall /winter :smokin. Looks so much better with age too.

On another note, anyone know where I can cop Brooklyn circus on discount? I'd pay retail if I have to but would like to save a few bucks

Working then taking a train into NYC for NYE. One of my resolutions for 2014 will be to further improve my wardrobe with the help of this thread. Happy New Years DB fam! Be safe tonight! :nthat:

Not a fan of GATs either. I don't think anyone would pay them any mind if they weren't MMM. The painted ones IMHO make something unbearable even more atrocious. No hate, i've learned a lot from this post as of late.

Working then taking a train into NYC for NYE. One of my resolutions for 2014 will be to further improve my wardrobe with the help of this thread. Happy New Years DB fam! Be safe tonight! :nthat:

nice pleateds. that pose tho :smh:

Last edited:
So who's all set with their outfit for tonight? I was suppose to work the overnight but a coworker had something come up and switch with me so now I gotta try and throw a fit together.

Yep, class of 2000. I never bought any of the jean suits but I liked them though. I thought the ashy black, and ashy blue Guess sets were tough.

You had the Mecca, haha. I remember my freshman yr of college and a few out of towners used to wear the Mecca. We would only wear Guess for the most part.

C/O 2002 right here. 8)

I really like those wooden bowties. I was looking for something cool for the groomsmen to rock, and I think I found it. :D

Last edited:
So who's all set with their outfit for tonight? I was suppose to work the overnight but a coworker had something come up and switch with me so now I gotta try and throw a fit together.
i'm doing the thom browne x targer blazer, red/black houndstooth bowtie, not sure on shirt, coffee brown trousers, not sure on shoes black or brown can't decide. I feel like new years one of the few times it's acceptable to rock a bow tie so I do it every year. 

The only other time I've worn a bow tie is when I went to see a bill nye lecture, which was dope cause he complimented it, but I gotta work up the style courage to rock them whenever cause I do enjoy them. 

side note i haven't been to my barber in awhile so i'm gonna look straight like cornel west with the fro and beard. 

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom