Dressing Better Vol 2.0

Likely will flip my breds. Anyone know where I can cop white/gum GAT lows for sub $300 ?
nerd.gif
Price worth the quality?

I don't own any luxury brand kicks so I've always wondered if its worth the price in terms of quality, durability. I mean look wise, most of the luxury kicks be looking plain. I mean to be a balaciagaa ain't nothing more than a solid converse.

Last edited:
Likely will flip my breds. Anyone know where I can cop white/gum GAT lows for sub $300 ? :nerd:
Price worth the quality?

I don't own any luxury brand kicks so I've always wondered if its worth the price in terms of quality, durability. I mean look wise, most of the luxury kicks be looking plain. I mean to be a balaciagaa ain't nothing more than a solid converse.
Lol yeah man. I've been on the fence for awhile. However, the come up from the Bred's flip should land me around $250-300 of expendable cash. I wanna cop something I normally wouldn't.

As for your comparison against lower end simple kicks, I agree. This is the reason I am not interested in lanvin or common projects. The german style trainer has always caught my fancy. I figure MMM will get me the best quality for that design.

I haven't never really seen anything that matches Lanvin lows looks, nothing really compares. You see Lanvin lows and you know it's Lanvins and you'll know when it's a rip-off.

Common Projects, I can see because it is just a plain white or black sneakers but that low silhouette and look is still hard to capture especially when using cheaper materials, shape just doesn't stay.

There have been several MMM GAT alternatives, hell you can get a real German Army Trainers straight from Germany for ~$40-$50 through ebay.

I don't know about the plain white MMM GATs but Tres Bien has an upcoming 30-50% off F/W items after you get 20% off for VAT.

If the rainbow diarrhea splats are included they'd be like $280 at most. I have a code for 30% off right now but I don't know how long it's good for.

Can't really see how it really fits.

Pockets seems too big and floppy though, it's also too much for me especially with the giant flaps.

I haven't never really seen anything that matches Lanvin lows looks, nothing really compares. You see Lanvin lows and you know it's Lanvins and you'll know when it's a rip-off.

Common Projects, I can see because it is just a plain white or black sneakers but that low silhouette and look is still hard to capture especially when using cheaper materials, shape just doesn't stay.

There have been several MMM GAT alternatives, hell you can get a real German Army Trainers straight from Germany for ~$40-$50 through ebay.

Exactly. Kinda ridiculous to include GATs in there when they truly are replicas of sneakers that are otherwise dirt cheap. If you've never had a pair of Lanvin or CP, I don't see how you can compare quality for your money. If it's purely aesthetics and your preference that's a different story.

I don't really feel like most luxury sneakers are worth near retail, I've only paid that for 1 pair and everything else I've been able to get for a pretty good discount.

I own a bunch of pairs of Converse and I'm guessing the quote was talking about Balenciaga Arena but there isn't a pair of converse that looks anything like them and the quality isn't comparable. Worth $600+? No but let's be real, we're in a world where people spend that for ****** Jordans, other Nikes, Asics, New Balance, etc. Especially the dreaded Foamposite. :x

You dudes are frontin with them GATs or whatever it is. They ugly as hell and there is nothing luxury about that aesthetic.

I can't be the only one that sees Sheldon's shoes when I see them.

Pro Keds 
laugh.gif

Can't really see how it really fits.

Pockets seems too big and floppy though, it's also too much for me especially with the giant flaps.

I tried to size up and really didn't like how it fit me, so I stayed with this size.

The pockets probably would've been even floppier. But, I actually like them.
Thank you for the input, man.

All good, if you like em then that's all that matters.

Ordered a L Nike Destroyer and wanted to get the NT Dressing Better expert opinion on the fit. Too small/short or am I good? Please excuse the poor the lighting...

I've never owned a Varisty/Letterman style jacket.

It does look big, hard to see where the shoulder hits though. If the shoulder fits just right, it should be easy getting it slimmed a bit.

Likely will flip my breds. Anyone know where I can cop white/gum GAT lows for sub $300 ? :nerd:

Tres Bien has them now sub $300 if they're still available. The sale actually ends tonight, but there is another sale starting on the 2nd, not sure if MMM GATs are excluded from that one.

If you need the code, PM me or Text me.

Last edited:
Ordered a L Nike Destroyer and wanted to get the NT Dressing Better expert opinion on the fit. Too small/short or am I good? Please excuse the poor the lighting...

I've never owned a Varisty/Letterman style jacket.

Body Length looks good, but the sleeves look long.. Hard to tell if there is room in the chest, but does it feel loose on you?

by the way he worded the question it seems like he thinks it is too small which is definitely not the case. it probably doesn't feel loose to him but there is definitely room to size down.

Good call, Adrian. Flip the 1s now while the prices are at their highest. Be on the hunt for MMMs. Patience is a virtue.

That fit with the safari jacket is hard to judge because the guy is not standing straight. It should be slightly roomy to accommodate a light sweater but not chopper suit loose.

The varsity jacket up above looks ok. Sleeve is too long for sure. I personally don't mind a slight loose varsity.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom