Dressing Better Vol 2.0

Allen Edmond Stands and Park Aves are reduced to $247 on Amazon today if anyones interested.

As are the Clifton's. Emailed the shoe bank and the prices are below.

CLIFTON $199
Walton $299.
Strand $269

Gonna hold off and wait until I can get the Clifton's for under $150.

Considering this $300 seersucker Indochino for sh*ts and giggles:

Michael B Jordan is one of the consistently best dressed dude out there right now. His suits are always on point.

Actor not former NBA player.
laugh.gif

Dude is essentially a NTer, juding by what he puts on social media. One hell of an actor too, hope he continues moving up the Hollywood ranks
Deinitely a great actor and dresser. He has a great style team behind him.
my dude Wallace

I have an rl seer sucker suit I got a couple years ago. Haven't worn it as a whole yet lol
I haven't worn mine either. When its warm enough to wear Seer sucker, its not cool enough to wear a suit. I wore mine to a wedding and the jacket didn't make it past the car.

^ that's a good point re: temperature. I tend to run hot and the girls in my office insist the damn thing be heated to like 80 degrees so so you'll find me wearing just a suit no topcoat even in the middle of winter.

I'm curious...for those of you who get custom shirts...how much do they run you?

I'm 5'8 about 175lbs. Big neck about 16-16.5 but fairly short arms so size medium shirts the collar doesn't button and the arm length is okay but not perfect. Large's the collar buttons but the sleeves are too long.

What could I do in my situation?

I dress up shirt and tie (no suit) // shirt and sweater / dress pants every day. So this is vital.

Tips / help / suggestions

You should shop at a store that offers different sleeve lengths for their dress shirts as opposed to buying generically sized shirts.

Last edited:
I'm curious...for those of you who get custom shirts...how much do they run you?

I'm 5'8 about 175lbs. Big neck about 16-16.5 but fairly short arms so size medium shirts the collar doesn't button and the arm length is okay but not perfect. Large's the collar buttons but the sleeves are too long.

What could I do in my situation?

I dress up shirt and tie (no suit) // shirt and sweater / dress pants every day. So this is vital.

Tips / help / suggestions
ModernTailor.com

Test shirt for $30-35 shipped. Give it a shot.

You should shop at a store that offers different sleeve lengths for their dress shirts as opposed to buying generically sized shirts.

most places the shortest they offer is 32/33

Have you been properly measured? What's your actual sleeve length? I know you said your neck is 16-16.5.

Also, with some shirts the button at the collar can be moved over slightly if it's too tight so if you can find your sleeve length in a 16 you might be better off.

Just for example, these are the shirts Charles Tyrwhitt has in a 16/32 or 33 & a 16.5/33. Also, if you look at the sleeve length selection, it states "Sleeve lengths can be shortened by up to 3 inches for an alteration fee"

Tyrwhitt

Otherwise MTM is your best option as mentioned but pricier if you're on a budget.

Anyone know where I can get a lapel flower in the Los Angeles area? I did not like the colors at Nordstroms and they were $30! I need one by this Satruday.

Back
Top Bottom