Dressing Better Vol 2.0

Nah his socks are too tame.
Where da lions/tigers/bears/lightning bolts/Mary Jane leaves at!? :lol:

Last edited:
Yesterday

Haven't seen those in a while.. :pimp: clean fit

Any of y'all fella-s own tuxedos ?

I'm finna cawp one later this year. Finna be drippin' swagu mayne

I see myself owning a bespoke one at the end of the year.
What's the turn around looking like from your bespoke maker?

3-5 weeks when he's busy.
No shots are meant by this, but are you entirely sure this is a true bespoke process? Even after a basting is complete, going forward, suits should still take closer to 2 months before completion. About a month seems more like MTM.

Truth be told I've been questioning it lately since he was so quick.

I found another guy already, but his prices are a bit more up there (going to him for the tux later this year) and I've already been told with him it's going to take a whiiiiiile.

I mean if you are happy with the suits, keep with it broham. Just from my research and consultation with Sergio and couple cats at TSB, i understand bespoke takes much longer.

Serg, chime in cuh

Yesterday

Haven't seen those in a while..
pimp.gif
clean fit
I always wonder about this...

If you see like the bottom third of a pair of jeans, shoes, 1/4 of one sleeve and a watch...how does that equate to a "clean fit"? 

Or the shot taken from someone's viewpoint that shows the edge of what they're wearing on top, you can kinda see their pants and then their shoes and it's like, "Well put together!"

Do you just like the shoes in actuality?  Is it the photography?  Pretty colors?

I'm not even saying what was posted isn't a good look or maybe you're just being nice for the sake of it, there's nothing wrong with that but I'm just curious about it all because it happens a lot.

Last edited:
What's the advantage of bespoke over MTM? Fabric?
MTM does not take into account the slight variations of your body. For example, MTM is just taking your measurements with a tape. While bespoke does the same, they also use tools that you would not normally see from an MTM fitting (which could be done at home, with no need of a tailor).

When I got fitted for my MAB shirt, they took a type of level against both of my shoulders including the my spine to determine the exact curvature. By doing so, they can compensate for the variations in my body shape (i.e. if one shoulder hangs lower) and adjust accordingly for a seamless fit. Along with that, most bespoke makers use higher end mills for their fabric selections like Holland & Sherry, Loro Piana, Dormeuil, etc. to make the suit.

Also, the canvassing techniques used will likely beat out MTM makers. I compare my TaT suits (MTM) against the MAB SS joint I picked up in August. They do not hold a candle in comparison..

Again, Sergio…chime in :nerd:

Last edited:
I mean if you are happy with the suits, keep with it broham. Just from my research and consultation with Sergio and couple cats at TSB, i understand bespoke takes much longer.

Serg, chime in cuh

I'm happy with his work so far, I'm only really going to be concerned when I make alterations later.

What's the advantage of bespoke over MTM? Fabric?
Fabric has nothing to do with it.

It's the construction process. Adrian covered it nicely.

Full bespoke will have you come in for multiple fittings and the entire pattern is made just for you. This is why it is so time consuming. Everything is made from scratch and therefore it is pricier.

MTM is more cookie cutting like. There's a general pattern with minor tweaking to adjust for that person's physique. There are limitations since the pattern is not made for that particular person. Example: this is why Thick as thieves only do suits for skinnier guys. The pattern won't work with fuller gents.

I've read about the Bespoke process taking longer around the time I picked up the first suit from my guy, but I wasn't going to back out of the deal with him since I had a few weddings to attend, and needed another suit asap.

It's why I've been looking at another guy. I feel like if you're going to tell me your selling a certain level of service that I don't mind paying for, then I should get that level of service. So I felt a little deceived, but I was happy with what I walked out with. I'll use him again most likely for work suits. But like I said, for something like a tux, I'm looking elsewhere...

I've read about the Bespoke process taking longer around the time I picked up the first suit from my guy, but I wasn't going to back out of the deal with him since I had a few weddings to attend, and needed another suit asap.

It's why I've been looking at another guy. I feel like if you're going to tell me your selling a certain level of service that I don't mind paying for, then I should get that level of service. So I felt a little deceived, but I was happy with what I walked out with. I'll use him again most likely for work suits. But like I said, for something like a tux, I'm looking elsewhere...
From what I got back when I inquired at MAB, basting there cost a G and suits start at $1500 (summer weight or china fabrics). I plan on going bespoke maybe next year or the year after. I want Holland & Sherry so basically I'll need around 3k for the whole process, fitting included.

Though you may be deceived in terms of what he claimed, you aren't going to find a bespoke deal for the prices you are paying..unless you come back to the states and take advantage of this Against Nature deal right now :lol:

http://www.giltcity.com/newyork/againstnature

(I have absolutely no experience with them, but if true bespoke, that price is unmatched. Even Ercoles in Brooklyn who opts out of the basting fee still will run you around 2k lol)

Either way, if you say you are happy, and it is under the 1k mark, I say stay with it. Just keep in mind, it likely is not true bespoke.

Last edited:
How do y'all even go about finding a place to make your suits? It's probably easier in larger cities, same for finding a really nice tailor.
If I ever do bespoke I'll have to go to Atlanta more than likely, hit up Nii and see if his people can give me a discount :lol:

How do y'all even go about finding a place to make your suits? It's probably easier in larger cities, same for finding a really nice tailor.
If I ever do bespoke I'll have to go to Atlanta more than likely, hit up Nii and see if his people can give me a discount :lol:
A lot of competent tailors can do suits. My tailor does it but only to regular customers since it's so time consuming. Cheapest would be $1k if you provide the fabric.

I would ask SF for guidance in finding local suit makers.

I wanted to go bespoke for the wedding, but I don't know if it's in the budget... :frown:
B, I'd suggest TaT. I believe you have the build for it and after my last inquiry, I found out he does tux's for just over 6 hundos (that is if your affair falls into that category)

NCTwin, try to squeeze it in your budget.
You'll look at the wedding pics forever,
Might as well look your best.

B, I'd suggest TaT. I believe you have the build for it and after my last inquiry, I found out he does tux's for just over 6 hundos (that is if your affair falls into that category)
Yep. And you're local. Track down to meet Jason in Pasadena to be measured by him.

I wanted to go bespoke from the start, but RFX referred me to Jason several years ago. The suits are not 100% perfect but I'm happy with them for the prices I paid. If you have a normal like physique I feel you can go off the rack or MTM and be ok. My mentality has changed a bit throughout the years and I don't see myself going full bespoke anytime soon.

NCTwin, try to squeeze it in your budget.
You'll look at the wedding pics forever,
Might as well look your best.

That's true. I'm trying to squeeze it in for sure.

Yep. And you're local. Track down to meet Jason in Pasadena to be measured by him.

I wanted to go bespoke from the start, but RFX referred me to Jason several years ago. The suits are not 100% perfect but I'm happy with them for the prices I paid. If you have a normal like physique I feel you can go off the rack or MTM and be ok. My mentality has changed a bit throughout the years and I don't see myself going full bespoke anytime soon.

Road trip??

Back
Top Bottom