Dressing Better Vol 2.0

well hope i answered your question, some people like to wear slimmer clothes, be it, jeans, chinos, sweats, shorts, not for a specific reason, but simply because thats what they like, same goes for the guys who rather wear sweats 4x's their size.
Yea. I think of housewear/chill wear as basic tee + basketball shorts or regular sweats or plaid pants.

lmao i remember undergrad... seems like ages ago.

I did the whole blazer, slim denim look.

this was before "dressing better" was acceptable.

so many hood dudes, shout out to rutgers nwk asking

u gay dawg???

i'm in my final year of grad school now and i try my best not to "dress better" during classes bc I'm still in a clinical setting throughout the week.

so i try and switch it up.

i get the eye from cougars and professors when i "dress better".

and when i wear camos, yeezys (thanks elkin), and a hoody... the tight jeans, foambs, snapback wearing undergrads gimme the the owl turn around look.

sorry for the adhd rant, but have my fellow nj/nyc nters seen any sweats w/ da cuffed bottoms in H&M....

lmao i remember undergrad... seems like ages ago.
I did the whole blazer, slim denim look.
this was before "dressing better" was acceptable.
so many hood dudes, shout out to rutgers nwk asking
u gay dawg???
i'm in my final year of grad school now and i try my best not to "dress better" during classes bc I'm still in a clinical setting throughout the week.
so i try and switch it up.
i get the eye from cougars and professors when i "dress better".
and when i wear camos, yeezys (thanks elkin), and a hoody... the tight jeans, foambs, snapback wearing undergrads gimme the the owl turn around look.
sorry for the adhd rant, but have my fellow nj/nyc nters seen any sweats w/ da cuffed bottoms in H&M....

my childhood friends, swear im ghey because i dress fitted, the nerve of these dudes :lol:

btw you are welcome bruh, hope you enjoy em :frown:

my childhood friends, swear im ghey because i dress fitted, the nerve of these dudes :lol:
btw you are welcome bruh, hope you enjoy em :frown:

Lol luckily my circle of friends are a bit more open minded at this point.

and mos def thanks again for giving me a great deal on da Yeezys.

They are so supple and comfortable... word to a nice teta.

Hey reach out to our NJ/NYC brethren for a summit/ lookbook photoshoot son

try forever 21 for some slim, tapered sweatpants for men

Thanks man I'll def look into it.

PS why are the east coast NTers up so late???

Lol luckily my circle of friends are a bit more open minded at this point.
and mos def thanks again for giving me a great deal on da Yeezys.
They are so supple and comfortable... word to a nice teta.
Hey reach out to our NJ/NYC brethren for a summit/ lookbook photoshoot son
Thanks man I'll def look into it.
PS why are the east coast NTers up so late???

well i work nights, so im at work till 7am bro...lol

and dude, im telling you man!....Spartan Race at Mt Creek next year!!!....Adrian said hes down too....dudes should fly in for this...lol

Im most definitely doing the Spartan Race that you sent me.

I had the pleasure of running that course earlier in september and it is no damb joke.

Mi cuerpo es listo.

and damb at da graveyard shift.

where do you get your slim sweatpants at?
I get them from Macys. I forget the brand, but it's one of their house brands.

With shorts, I go with Under Armour. I actually go with U.A. for all of my active gear...extremely durable. It always cracks me up to see short dudes with sagging Jordan shorts, which makes them appear to be even shorter :lol:

fall in full effect, lucked out on some dope *** H&M beenies, seems like the beenies with the puffy ball on top are in for the season, not too crazy about those :rolleyes

8104282327_3d0b6fcf74_b.jpg
Not going to lie them pics look like you modeling for gap or one of those type sites lol.

edit: I think noskey got it right about the slim sweats that stuff looks cool on cats that are skinny. Most of the cats on here and irl I see on that stuff are usually smaller even though bigger cats wear it too just not as small as most smaller guys.

Last edited:
Hey guys has anyone spotted Jae Oh En lately? He was in med school last I remember.
It was unbeknownst to me that Jon posted in this thread. I used to talk to him daily, but haven't in the recent years since I started working professionally.

A heads up for the L.A. locals: The Marc by MJ stores on Melrose have great accessories. I stopped by today to get more scarves for Xmas gifts. Cashmere scarves at only $49 a pop.

If summer hasn't passed already, I would've got this too. The hat would look killer with a suit.
tumblr_mc7fxqeVtt1rux7jzo1_500.jpg

It's true, man. When I was an undergrad, I never wore slacks :lol: It was jeans everyday with sneakers. I barely started to dress like Adrian in grad school.
I don't even think some of these dudes shower before coming to class. Just throw on a fitted cap for that 'early' 11AM class and all :lol:
Even the ones that attempt this are far from having it patted down like A. They're in the beginner cellular phone kiosk worker at the mall stage.
My wife stalks my IG and knows alot of you from there by the pictures, she even befriended a few NTers, one day i was browsing this thread and she was eyeing me, and saw my dude Adrian's pick and she was "is that Beraqueezy?!...why he gotta outshine the average college student that shows up to class in PJ's, college students are not supposed to be so clean!" then i remembered when i visited my sisinlaw in SU, dudes really do dress like **** in college, my dude Adrian's yamb meter must always be at full.:x :smokin
haha appreciate all the love Elkin and Wisith
(check dat IG post though fam lol)
but yea, mad of my friends are still in the jays/foambs stage and that's cool. hell, just a few years ago i was doing the same. but now, i'm glad that i'm done with all that. Especially with how expensive jordans and what not are nowadays with that trash quality BS.
that being said, a big influence on how i dress is from you guys. before DB, i knew nothing at all so to any new dudes coming, looking for tips/ideas, DB fam has got your back.
so shouts to all regular posters

A heads up for the L.A. locals: The Marc by MJ stores on Melrose have great accessories. I stopped by today to get more scarves for Xmas gifts. Cashmere scarves at only $49 a pop.

was it a sale at the store? dont see anything on there site. my gf's skin has been getting irritated by some of her old scarves and was looking into finding some cheap cashmere ones.

edit:
nvrmnd. found em on the site. it was in the gifts section and not in the m by mj

Last edited:
For those of you that still do wear J's, which J's do you guys incorporate/could incorporate into dressing better? Also, any recommendations on some low top sneakers/shoes? The only low tops that I own are my Mali Low (Clark's) I want something that's pretty casual (goes with denim/chinos + a button-up etc) Glad I came across this thread because I found this jacket. Easily one of my favorites, if not my favorite piece in my closet. :smokin

For those of you that still do wear J's, which J's do you guys incorporate/could incorporate into dressing better? Also, any recommendations on some low top sneakers/shoes? The only low tops that I own are my Mali Low (Clark's) I want something that's pretty casual (goes with denim/chinos + a button-up etc) Glad I came across this thread because I found this jacket. Easily one of my favorites, if not my favorite piece in my closet.
smokin.gif
i wear my spacejams occasionally with some fits

Typically I wear my 3's with my fits, they're the most versatile to me with this type of clothing. I need one of those olive army fatigues for the winter, my camo one can be thrown over so many fits.

was it a sale at the store? dont see anything on there site. my gf's skin has been getting irritated by some of her old scarves and was looking into finding some cheap cashmere ones.
edit:
nvrmnd. found em on the site. it was in the gifts section and not in the m by mj
They get leftover stuff. The accessories are marked down and are final sales. There are two stores next to each other, men's and women's. The scarves, beanies, rings, etc. are pretty cheap, but final sales. The ready to wear stuff (clothes) are priced regularly and can be returned for store credit.

The scarves look the same as the ones I got 2 seasons ago for myself though.

Just starting to enter that DB stage in life. I've been making a few purchases here and there. I've mainly been purchasing J. Crew. I can use a few recommendations on what are some good pants for the fall for business and casual? Along with casual footwear. I've been eyeing some drivers, but I don't think those are truly for the fall.

For those of you that still do wear J's, which J's do you guys incorporate/could incorporate into dressing better? Also, any recommendations on some low top sneakers/shoes? The only low tops that I own are my Mali Low (Clark's) I want something that's pretty casual (goes with denim/chinos + a button-up etc) Glad I came across this thread because I found this jacket. Easily one of my favorites, if not my favorite piece in my closet. :smokin

i still wear Jays, you just gotta know your limit, and make it look effortless....im sure i posted these samples in the past before

8078239607_3f0878ff0b_b.jpg

7896821628_759f193824_b.jpg

FlyKnits are pretty much the type of sneaker id ever dare to wear with a suit, SRS

7945875218_e1ce68a115_b.jpg

7896822468_1881f9b768_b.jpg

Just starting to enter that DB stage in life. I've been making a few purchases here and there. I've mainly been purchasing J. Crew. I can use a few recommendations on what are some good pants for the fall for business and casual? Along with casual footwear. I've been eyeing some drivers, but I don't think those are truly for the fall.

My internship carries Chinos. I intern for Mister and the black Chinos can be dressy (i.e. business) or more casual, same with the Olive & Khaki chinos.

^^ the only ones that look effortless is the last pic with the orng/blue flynits, the rest just look forced imo. Color coordination has to be on point, without being too matchy matchy which I why I stick to 3's mainly black cement/true blues.

@ksteezy, thanks fam. Right on, liking those fits. I mainly wear 1's, 4's, & 11's. Those flyknits are nice. Would you recommend any other low top sneakers (non-nike)? I looked into Jack Purcell's, Common Projects, Clark's, & Sperry's. I think I follow you on tumblr :rofl:

im not sure how any of those look forced bro, one is a hoody, a down jacket and pants with jays, nothing really overmatched, the other a henley, some jeans, jays and a blazer and then a short sleeve shirt and some camo pants... :lol:

Back
Top Bottom