Dressing Better Vol 2.0

In terms of traditional men's wear...there are definitely rules. Some of them are deep, goes back into the history and evolution and such. Unique read, but I doubt I'll ever follow them fully.
No rules boss man. Some people might think red chinos looks odd while others think its fashionable. Style has always been about opinion, never fact.

Thanks for all the help ksteezy & wj4. Wisith, I think I'm going to look into Purcell's. Now it's just which color… :lol:

For those of you that still do wear J's, which J's do you guys incorporate/could incorporate into dressing better? Also, any recommendations on some low top sneakers/shoes? The only low tops that I own are my Mali Low (Clark's) I want something that's pretty casual (goes with denim/chinos + a button-up etc) Glad I came across this thread because I found this jacket. Easily one of my favorites, if not my favorite piece in my closet. :smokin
It really depends on what sneaker you're wearing. Color, silhouette, etc. As far as Js i usually stick to my 12s, 9s, 16s. and 1s

For those of you that still do wear J's, which J's do you guys incorporate/could incorporate into dressing better? Also, any recommendations on some low top sneakers/shoes? The only low tops that I own are my Mali Low (Clark's) I want something that's pretty casual (goes with denim/chinos + a button-up etc) Glad I came across this thread because I found this jacket. Easily one of my favorites, if not my favorite piece in my closet. :smokin

Unis? I have the same jacket.

ksteezys fits are all dope. To me they represent not only dressing better, but personality. Has that look that he's grown and wears appropriate clothes, but still has that flyness that speaks about who he is. No offense but like he said not all of us want to wear a suit and a bow tie all the time(imo over doing it looks straight squarish).

Last edited:
Unis? I have the same jacket.

Yes sir. Haha, I saw that someone posted the tiger camo one on this thread a while back. I came across what brand it was and found out it was Unis. Found this jacket & bought it almost instantly. I wanted an olive jacket for the longest time, just a bit more pricier than what I usually had paid for jackets.

It really depends on what sneaker you're wearing. Color, silhouette, etc. As far as Js i usually stick to my 12s, 9s, 16s. and 1s

I usually wear 1's, 3's, 11's. I wear 12's rarely to go out (mostly my gym shoes).

ksteezys fits are all dope. To me they represent not only dressing better, but personality. Has that look that he's grown and wears appropriate clothes, but still has that flyness that speaks about who he is. No offense but like he said not all of us want to wear a suit and a bow tie all the time(imo over doing it looks straight squarish).

thanks fam :smokin

PF-Flyers are also a good alternative, sole is heavy as **** though
5744527570_2559d9474c_b.jpg

good ol fashion chucks if you are on a real tight budget
5652315713_b3998167b7_b.jpg

or even pro-keds

or common projects if budget is not an issue....

I'll probably be leaning towards a pair of Purcell's or those PF-Flyers. Chucks are a huge no for me haha. I hated that work (Impact at Abercrombie & Fitch) made me wear Chucks :lol: I like Common Projects but I'm not sure if I want to shell out the 300-400 for a pair just yet.

thanks fam :smokin

PF-Flyers are also a good alternative, sole is heavy as **** though

I used to rock the hell out of my sandlot pf flyers but the soles took a toll on my feet so I retired them :lol:

Hey_
Uniqlo launches e-commerce next week.
Julius F. Wrek
Yep. I'm curious to see how this affects the current proxy services out there.

I'm going to mention this again, you cats that are on the lookout for luxury shoes should routinely check Yoox.com and the buy/sell section on SF.

Personally, I love the Margiela GATs. They are super comfy and doesn't seem to wear down quickly even though I wear them all the time.

Last edited:
It's tempting to dismiss sneakers, but I wouldn't. I'm not a super nice dresser or anything, but I am not a complete slob. I have TERRIBLE feet, so unless the situation specifically call for dress shoes, I wear Jordans/LeBrons/LunarGlides/etc. and no one cares or notices.

As long as you tame it down, like Ksteezey's Playoff XIII's, no one will ever comment, and it won't look stupid. And if it does, who cares? I doubt you get less yams or have less prospects in the corporate world.

What's a good "casual" shoe to wear with a button-down and black or khaki chinos?

Like for a casual date or an informal gathering.

Any opinions on colors and styles would be appreciated.

(preferably $250 or less)

Last edited:
What's a good "casual" shoe to wear with a button-down and black or khaki chinos?
Like for a casual date or an informal gathering.
Any opinions on colors and styles would be appreciated.
(preferably $250 or less)
You just answered it...casual shoes AKA bluchers or oxfords.

Contrary to popular belief, not all non sneaker shoes are 'dress shoes'. You have the true dress shoes which are balmorals, and casual shoes with the aforementioned names above.

At $250, you may want to look into some Cole Haan...you have a lot to pick from:

http://shop.nordstrom.com/sr?keywor...00130&sizeFinderId=9&resultsmode=&segmentId=0

http://shop.nordstrom.com/sr?category=s6000125&keyword=cole haan for men

Hey_

You sure Uniqlo openng next week? Source please and date

Uniqlo is Launching US E-commerce Next Week
by DHANI MAU
Post a Comment

Surprise! Or maybe not that much of a surprise if you consider how the timing of this news coincides with the holiday shopping season. Regardless, Uniqlo is finally launching U.S. e-commerce–and really soon. So now people who don’t live in New York or San Francisco (the only US locations with Uniqlo stores) can stock up on cashmere sweaters and heat-tech undergarments.

We first learned of Uniqlo’s plans to launch e-commerce just a couple of months ago and today WWD is reporting that an e-commerce site will go live next week. The exact date is not clear, but according to the trade there will be online promotions like $9.90 Japanese engineered denim, $49.90 ultralight down jackets, and cashmere sweaters for $59.90 to $99.90.

And that’s not all. It sounds like the Japanese company’s plans for growth–both online and in the U.S.–won’t end here. Online sales will help Uniqlo figure out where in the US to open new brick-and-mortar outposts. And while Japan is already a pretty technologically-savvy place (to put it mildly), Shin Odake, Uniqlo’s U.S. general manager, is interested in Silicon Valley. “Having a San Francisco store is a good opportunity to work with outside [tech] companies and experiment,” Odake told WWD. “Hopefully, we can hire and find the talent. Global e-commerce is headquartered in Japan, but we’re open to moving the global headquarters to the U.S. We feel there’s more talent and more knowledge in the U.S.”

Uniqlo and its executives have always stressed the company’s focus on technology, both in their functional fabrics and futuristic retail spaces, so it comes as no surprise that they are looking for new ways to advance in the tech world. They are definitely ones to watch in terms of doing something new and different with e-commerce.
Source

Julius F. Wrek

to the dude asking about red chinos fits, here's mine from a few weeks back.
prob gonna have to retire em soon for fall/winter though :/

got mine from express if anyone cares to know

Back
Top Bottom