Dressing Better Vol 2.0

for those who have suit supply products, do you feel their sienna line is worth the $700?

i had originally bought the grey birdseye sienna but it was back ordered online and at other locations so i just cancelled the purchase...DC store sales associates told me they should be getting seasonal restocks this week...

i liked the sienna bc the shoulder was less constructed than the napoli...broader shoulders looked a bit awkward with the napolis padding

...just not sure if there are other possibly better options for the price range or if i should get grab it if its in stock?

* gonna shop around...did some research and saw a SF post noting there is an Alton Lane showroom in Dupont, Eric Finn, and other spots in Baltimore

Last edited:
RL just put up their spring 14 line recently, and man..some of those pieces...i need them in my wardrobe lol! must resist copping at full price...

Has anyone seen any SNS Herning Starks in an XL online anywhere? Most shops seem to be out of them, I'll likely have to wait until the fall but I figured I'd ask.

Thanks in advance dudes!

Any tips on adding versatile basics to my wardrobe for Spring/Summer? Im really big on basic simple fits. Just never been a cloths purchaser more so sneakers lol. Help out

It is a Japanese brand store, pretty much a Japanese H&M but yes quality is much better while price comes pretty close to H&M. Even better when they have a sale.

They're clothes also tends to fit slim so plenty of people likes them.

Lying in wait for a spring stock up sale from them :nerd: :nerd: if their regular t-shirsts go on sale again for $3-$5 its game over

for those who have suit supply products, do you feel their sienna line is worth the $700?

i had originally bought the grey birdseye sienna but it was back ordered online and at other locations so i just cancelled the purchase...DC store sales associates told me they should be getting seasonal restocks this week...

i liked the sienna bc the shoulder was less constructed than the napoli...broader shoulders looked a bit awkward with the napolis padding

...just not sure if there are other possibly better options for the price range or if i should get grab it if its in stock?

* gonna shop around...did some research and saw a SF post noting there is an Alton Lane showroom in Dupont, Eric Finn, and other spots in Baltimore

I got one of the Sienna suits during the outlet sale. Pair $350 I think, it is nice, but I do not think I would pay near full price. Probably explore some other nice things on sale or MTM

That fit looks fine for the south, but it looks like it was taken right at Washington Square Park in NY lol.

Since when was it okay to assume zoot suits/choppa suits still run rampid in the South lol?

We don't dress like that in NC

Last edited:
Any tips on adding versatile basics to my wardrobe for Spring/Summer? Im really big on basic simple fits. Just never been a cloths purchaser more so sneakers lol. Help out

What kind of climate are you in? Spring usually brings rain so try sticking to breathable cotton fabric shirts and sweaters, and make sure you have a water resistant jacket. A simple henley layered with a lightweight jacket and chinos is a nice choice. The raglan style henleys as well as normal color blocked henleys seem to be pretty hot lately. Also I would recommend grabbing a basic lightweight crewneck sweatshirt that could be layered with a button down shirt. Stick to a neutral color so you can wear it with almost anything. Try going with a color that is a little different from the pants you wear most often. In addition to a button down , you could also throw the crewneck on with a tshirt under and some kicks to make the look more casual.

Question: does dry cleaning shorten the inseam on wool trousers when you dry clean them the first time? I always has my dry cleaning without problem but I bought a couple of new pants this time and inseam seems to be around .5 inches shorter

I forgot if my older pants shrank a bit the first time so I'm trying to see if this is the norm or maybe time to switch cleaners

Finally grabbed a pair of flyknits. Didn't have the black pair I wanted but got the volts. Looking forward to the next cardio day now to see what the hype is about.

Finally grabbed a pair of flyknits. Didn't have the black pair I wanted but got the volts. Looking forward to the next cardio day now to see what the hype is about.

As much as I love my Flyknits, I prefer the Frees for working out.

Flyknits are a much better casual shoe, though.

Question: does dry cleaning shorten the inseam on wool trousers when you dry clean them the first time? I always has my dry cleaning without problem but I bought a couple of new pants this time and inseam seems to be around .5 inches shorter

I forgot if my older pants shrank a bit the first time so I'm trying to see if this is the norm or maybe time to switch cleaners
None of my pants have shrunk when they are dry cleaned regardless of the material.

Latest pick ups

3 J.Crew x Harris Tweed Fielding Sportcoats. I was a little disappointed that the Black Watch coat is only partially lined but I was able to get all three coats for slightly less than $500. Can't complain.

Fred Perry x Gloverall Duffle Coat. I'm not really a fan of Fred Perry but this coat is essentially just a Gloverall duffle with Fred Perry's impute on the color scheme. Plus, it was only $150 at my local Neiman Marcus Last Call.

Dockers Alpha Cargos. I was surprised that these actually fit slimmer than Dockers' normal Alpha Khaki offerings, which I find unwearable due to the bagginess. Only $15 at my local Nordstrom Rack.

I think my next purchase will be a DSLR.

Bro,

I got two of those J. Crew Harris sport coats :lol:

That's a deep discount! I got mine at about $200 a pop or so. Yeah, I wonder why the black watch is partially lined especially since it's tweed and have shoulder pads.

p.s. wis i hate you for putting taeyang in my head, now i got that ringa linga song stuck in there. my gf's best friend is korean born/raised, sometimes i have her translate some of those songs and they're even more hilarious. 

Last edited:
Bro,

I got two of those J. Crew Harris sport coats
laugh.gif

That's a deep discount! I got mine at about $200 a pop or so. Yeah, I wonder why the black watch is partially lined especially since it's tweed and have shoulder pads.
I secretly set out to purchase that black watch sportcoat after seeing you post your pick up a few weeks back
embarassed.gif

that duffel is pretty sexy, i think one will be my next pick up, I don't have a winter jacket with a hood, just spent about 8-900 bucks on dslr, lens, accessories, and even got a new ips monitor so gonna be a few months lol 

p.s. wis i hate you for putting taeyang in my head, now i got that ringa linga song stuck in there. my gf's best friend is korean born/raised, sometimes i have her translate some of those songs and they're even more hilarious. 
I've wanted a duffle coat ever since I saw a gore-tex lined Visvim version 5-6 years ago. But there is no way on earth I'd pay $2500 for a coat
laugh.gif

I picked up the Gloverall yesterday at the Colorado Mills in Lakewood. There were 3 or 4 left and that price point is nearly unbeatable for a Gloverall. If you can budget it and have a chance to head there anytime soon, I'd highly recommend it.

And yeah, I need a DSLR badly. I've been wanting to contribute fit pics recently but I always feel as though my picture quality is inadequate. My bday is this weekend, I may have to splurge on myself.

Bro,

I got two of those J. Crew Harris sport coats
laugh.gif

I secretly set out to purchase that black watch sportcoat after seeing you post your pick up a few weeks back
embarassed.gif

that duffel is pretty sexy, i think one will be my next pick up, I don't have a winter jacket with a hood, just spent about 8-900 bucks on dslr, lens, accessories, and even got a new ips monitor so gonna be a few months lol 

I've wanted a duffle coat ever since I saw a gore-tex lined Visvim version 5-6 years ago. But there is no way on earth I'd pay $2500 for a coat
laugh.gif

I picked up the Gloverall yesterday at the Colorado Mills in Lakewood. There were 3 or 4 left and that price point is nearly unbeatable for a Gloverall. If you can budget it and have a chance to head there anytime soon, I'd highly recommend it.

And yeah, I need a DSLR badly. I've been wanting to contribute fit pics recently but I always feel as though my picture quality is inadequate. My bday is this weekend, I may have to splurge on myself.
happy birthday man, i say do it, I had to pick between going up to suit supply or getting the dslr and I definitely don't regret the decision. I'm sure it's new toy syndrome but I'm really loving taking pictures and I just discovered this http://www.reddit.com/r/photoclass2014 which I signed up for for to get better, and get my ksteezy on. 

Thanks fellas
nthat.gif

It's been extremely slow in here lately so I'll post more pick ups

Pendleton scarfs. I love the quality of these things.

Thermore lined packable Levi's M-65. The fit on this coat is amazing! Nice and slim. I have an Aspesi Thermore lined M-65 very similar to this that I never wear because it's slightly too big. Even though the Levi's one isn't made in Italy, I find the quality to be comparable even though it cost 5x less. IMO, a perfect fitting M-65 goes with almost anything.

Levi's 511 Selvedge Chino. I've been waiting for a khaki selvedge version of the 511's for a while. When I saw this pop up on Levis.com this past weekend, combined with Levi's Presidents Day sale, I jumped. Kinda tight in the seat area but overall, perfect.

Also,

smokin.gif

Last edited:
I heard the company described as the Japanese Gap. Except people actually buy Uniqlo. Will be stocking up on their stuff for spring and summer.

Have you walked into a Gap store, joints stay packed.

Great place to find some basics, not a "go-to", but promo's make it hard to ignore.

Uniqlo is cool, waiting for a store in SoCal, not worth going to Beverly Center for, :lol:

Latest pick ups

Dockers Alpha Cargos. I was surprised that these actually fit slimmer than Dockers' normal Alpha Khaki offerings, which I find unwearable due to the bagginess. Only $15 at my local Nordstrom Rack.

I think my next purchase will be a DSLR.

$15?? Damn I need to check out my NR this weekend.

Last edited:
How are Flyknits for running outdoors? That's mainly what I bought them for. My free runs are beat to hell, still good enough for the gym but barely hanging on.

Wis all of those pickups are dope!

Flyknits trainers are perfectly fine for running outdoors, I might even say better than free runs? Racers are only suitable for shorter distance but I've considered free runs also bets for shorter distances as well, if running more than 5 miles, I go with my Pegasus or Lunarglides.

Back
Top Bottom