Dressing Better Vol 2.0

Got some F/W stuff

Private Equity firm in an analyst type role. I also tied a 4 in Hand as opposed to a windsor because I hate how fat the windsor is around the neck.

BS is VERY conservative. If I were you, i'd elect to go with either a Navy Blue (light or dark), or Charcoal colored suit with a subtle colored dress shirt and a conservative tie. If you want to show "character", go with a grenadine tie or something that's not too "loud". Ditch the tie bar and go with a pocket square and make sure you wear oxfords or monks.

If I were you, i'd go for subtleties that go well together. Summer colors would work in this case.

Good luck

P.S. Brush up on modeling and hit those fit questions. I work on 54th and Madison, so, I'm a few blocks from where you'll be. Get there early and stay on top of your game. Also, don't get intimidated.

Last edited:
Been out of this thread for a minute...

"Click Clacks"

Just scooped a JCrew baseball Henley, hope the fit is good, starting to get random F/W pieces. :smokin

I need to purchase a tuxedo. JCrew and Suitsupply are out my size in the style I want. Halp.
Well...what's the style you want?

I saw a couple really nice tuxes on the Mr Porter sale...not sure about sizing left at this point but they had a few.  It's one of those things where the discounts gets bigger as time passes but there's a serious risk of items/sizes selling out.

Well...what's the style you want?

I saw a couple really nice tuxes on the Mr Porter sale...not sure about sizing left at this point but they had a few.  It's one of those things where the discounts gets bigger as time passes but there's a serious risk of items/sizes selling out.

I was looking for a charcoal grey or a blue tux.

I went into Macy's to browse before going to Express then J. Crew. I was looking for something to fit me like this:

newton-belk011-e1349791705593.jpeg

I found 2 shirts that I like. The tie on the right matches both.

34hatko.jpg

I wasn't sure if a blue or blue suit would work, sales person recommend grey. Selected a 36s slim fit but I was feeling like I would popped a button or rip the back.

2ex7tbt.jpg

2yw72p4.jpg

^^ 36s

2zgr98m.jpg

^^ 38r

wj4 wj4 thanks for the info. I brought up tailoring the suit multiple times cause that's what I kept reading and the salesperson kept reminding nd it wasn't necessary, lol.. the pants fit but imo looks weird mid thigh down.

Any advice, comments?

You generally go down a size from what you think you are. The fit should be pretty snug on the shoulders. I used to buy 40R before I knew anything but currently wear a 38R, which is perfect for me imo.

What size are the pants? The cut seems a little too big, and you would need a slimmer fit. Bring a pair of dress shoes with you next time to see how the pants look. The "break" hits differently with dress shoes versus sneakers.

I'd also recommend going with a darker suit color. Charcoal grey and navy never go out of style and match well with almost anything.

2yw72p4.jpg

^^ 36s

2zgr98m.jpg

^^ 38r

@wj4 thanks for the info. I brought up tailoring the suit multiple times cause that's what I kept reading and the salesperson kept reminding nd it wasn't necessary, lol.. the pants fit but imo looks weird mid thigh down.

Any advice, comments?

The shoulder pads are extending too far out on the 38s.

Though, it is hard to tell how the suit fits otherwise because of the quality of photos and the fact that you are taking them yourself.

Also, unbutton the bottom button on that suit plz.

The 36s was pretty snug and I thought it showed off my guns really but I didn't want to sacrifice too much comfort for looks. :lol:

The pants are 34x30. Couldn't find a 32 waist with a proper length.

I do plan to get a darker suit later thks year.

You generally go down a size from what you think you are. The fit should be pretty snug on the shoulders. I used to buy 40R before I knew anything but currently wear a 38R, which is perfect for me imo.

What size are the pants? The cut seems a little too big, and you would need a slimmer fit. Bring a pair of dress shoes with you next time to see how the pants look. The "break" hits differently with dress shoes versus sneakers.

I'd also recommend going with a darker suit color. Charcoal grey and navy never go out of style and match well with almost anything.
You never want to go down a size because it will cause pulling.

My chest measures a hair bit more than 37" and I take 38 in all jackets that's not MTM.

The 36 looks good, man. Unbutton the bottom button though. If you want more traditional then go with half an inch break.

The 36s was pretty snug and I thought it showed off my guns really but I didn't want to sacrifice too much comfort for looks.
laugh.gif

The pants are 34x30. Couldn't find a 32 waist with a proper length.

I do plan to get a darker suit later thks year.
That explains it. Get as close to your size as possible when you finally do buy a suit. Even if you tailor a 34 down to a 32, other parts of the pants may end up being disproportionate. 

The 36s was pretty snug and I thought it showed off my guns really but I didn't want to sacrifice too much comfort for looks.
laugh.gif

IDK what to tell you then bruh.

That cut of suit might not be for you. Probably try the non-slim. That way you can just take in the sleeves and waist.

Try JCrew or JCrew Factory, they are having a pretty good sale in-store right now.

The shoulder pads are extending too far out on the 38s.

Though, it is hard to tell how the suit fits otherwise because of the quality of photos and the fact that you are taking them yourself.

Also, unbutton the bottom button on that suit plz.

I may go back tomorrow. I did like the 36 more but let's I raised my arms the buttons felt pressure. If I raised both arms forward the back felt right.

:lol: I'll definitely keep one button going forward

Back
Top Bottom