Dressing Better Vol 2.0

Need some help bros. Jacket is a 38, thinking I should go to a 36? I kinda like it but feels like it might be a little big. Help from the experts is appreciated lol.

Fits pretty well in the shoulders and chest IMO. 36 may be too small, but doesn't hurt to try it on if you have easy access.

Why do you think the 38 is too big? Do you feel like you're swimming in it? Looks pretty spot in to me. If anything, right sleeve may be a touch long.

Tbh I think the fit is perfect too but my girl keeps saying it could taken in more around the waist. I think imma keep it.

If anything you can just get a tailor to do that. Better than than going a size down and have it be too small everywhere

Depends where the seams are, but a tailor can do it. Call some tailors to get an estimate. 

Shoulder fit is really important. That's much harder to tailor and not worth the trouble. Taking in the waist is relatively a lot easier. Got any pics with a 36 on?

this is a J crew 36. Grey suit is banana republic Sorry only pic. I just wonder how the tie and shirt would fit comfortably under a 36.

this is a J crew 36. Grey suit is banana republic Sorry only pic. I just wonder how the tie and shirt would fit comfortably under a 36.
Jacket is pulling too much here.

Stick with grey, do not take in the midsection more than an inch tops.

Tbh I think the fit is perfect too but my girl keeps saying it could taken in more around the waist. I think imma keep it.
Tell your girl this aint a GQ ad. Them dudes have their suits pinched in the back for a more fitted look, aint no way thats happening in person for anyone. 
laugh.gif

You gotta be quick. There were a couple of peacoats in green and navy for around $100 late last night.

I copped a silk and linen blazer at $70. Will pick it up tomorrow from the tailor.
I got a polo shirt, popover and a short sleeve floral patterned shirt for about $61.00. There are a few other items that I was eyeing but decided to pass on cause I'd probably only wear em once or so.

Pics of the onsies, seriously.

Saw the mens long johns last year and I slept on it. :smh:

First one:
https://www.jcrew.com/AST/Navigatio...Y&isFromSale=true&isNewSearch=true&hash=row10

Second one:
https://www.jcrew.com/AST/Navigatio...NK&isFromSale=true&isNewSearch=true&hash=row8

What Adrian said, no more than an inch tops.

I have pharm school starting in a couple of months and we need to wear a dress shirt with slacks or a suit 3x a week in this program. My father was a tailor at Zegna and suitsupply (most of my suits are from here since i have the hook up but its still kind of expensive) and he has a place I can get suits but I'm not a fan of some of the styles there.

Anyway I'm trying to get multiple opinions......

1. Can you wear a tie with non solid colored dress shirts that have one breast pocket? Or is that looked down upon? I have about a dozen dress shirts from Uniqlo and they all have a breast pocket.

2. Any recommendations for a site where I can buy a bunch of quality ties that arent too pricey?

3. Whats a good all white dress shirt (no more than $75)? I'm gonna need a handful of these.

Last edited:
I have pharm school starting in a couple of months and we need to wear a dress shirt with slacks or a suit 3x a week in this program. My father was a tailor at Zegna and suitsupply (most of my suits are from here since i have the hook up but its still kind of expensive) and he has a place I can get suits but I'm not a fan of some of the styles there.

1. Can you wear a tie with non solid colored dress shirts that have one breast pocket? Or is that looked down upon? I have about a dozen dress shirts from Uniqlo and they all have a breast pocket.

2. Any recommendations for a site where I can buy a bunch of quality ties that arent too pricey?

3. Whats a good all white dress shirt (no more than $75)? I'm gonna need a handful of these.
thetiebar.com has ties for 15 each. Charles Tyrwhitt shirts are solid. Think you can find them for $30 on their website.  

1. Yea you can, I've done it more than a few times. I prefer a pocket on my shirts when not wearing a blazer as I like to keep my phone on me.

2. thetiebar.com, not the best of the best but for $15/each you can't go wrong.

3. How fast do you need them? Look into an online MTM like Modern Tailor they have white for under $75 I believe. Otherwise try Nordstrom house brand I've heard good things of them.

I loathe pockets on dress shirts but I can live with them on casual untucked shirts.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom