Dressing Better Vol 2.0

Don't really go through this thread often.

For a 25th Anniversary Party
glasses.gif
I'm not sure what your preference is concerning the fit of your clothing, but it doesn't look too bad. Next time, though, make sure the shouders fit a little better. It'll flatter your figure better.

broncos19dm broncos19dm

The suit isn't terrible, but you could've had a better fit if you gotten it tailored.

The dress shirt, tie and pocket square combo isn't something you often see and IDK if I could ever wear that. But if you liked it, then that's all that matters.

@broncos19dm

The suit isn't terrible, but you could've had a better fit if you gotten it tailored.

The dress shirt, tie and pocket square combo isn't something you often see and IDK if I could ever wear that. But if you liked it, then that's all that matters.
It was last minute. The pocket square was something I got day of because no store in Canada had the one I wanted locally.

Actually this whole suit is last minute tbh. Didn't have it as tailored as I would like.

Also I'm a youngin... So my parents were the ones who kind of did most of the recommendations and were the ones who had it tailored by someone.

I know you guys would probably know more about what looks better for suits but this was last minute.

The whole combination actually. I didn't want that pocket square but it was the only one that was at the store, and we didn't have time to search around.

The party wasn't for me so it wasn't like that crucial for my outfit to be tailored specifically and as coordinated.

But yeah I guess I can see why many of you are questioning/criticizing.

I basically chose my dress shirt/suit itself/ tie/ dress shoes.

The alterations were done by someone my parents had so it wasn't really up to me.

I thought it looked okay considering it was last minute
ohwell.gif

Last edited:
Would've looked a lot better with a white dress shirt and non square toed shoes

Last edited:
Not a bad fit IMO. It is decent, and acceptable. Sure, there is room for improvement, but if you step out the house rockin that, you are better dressed than most people. Some the bros above posted some helpful suggestions. Always room for growth.

Not a bad fit IMO. It is decent, and acceptable. Sure, there is room for improvement, but if you step out the house rockin that, you are better dressed than most people. Some the bros above posted some helpful suggestions. Always room for growth.
See what you're saying. I'm not a grown man lol... So my priority isn't to really dress like one and be all decked out.

Would've looked a lot better with a white dress shirt and non square toed shoes

Sometimes the best look is the simplest.

My rule of thumb concerning bright colored shirts is to wear them without a jacket. Bright colored shirts usually are worn casually and it's tough to find a nice outfit to go with them wearing a suit jacket. Or if you want to wear a bright colored shirt, then it's recommended to wear a lighter colored suit e.g.. a light grey suit with a darker colored tie and brown or walnut oxfords would've looked great with the pink shirt now that I think about it. Oh, and square toed shoes are usually always a no no.

You don't have to be "older" to dress well IMO. You can be any age and still be sartorially inclined. Most of us are under 30 years old anyway (don't know if you consider that old).

You're welcome to post more fits in the future broncos19dm broncos19dm . People in this thread are always looking to help each other out putting together fits. Also, there's a lot of member who'll help you look good without dropping a ton of money either.

Good luck next time :smile:

Last edited:

I have pharm school starting in a couple of months and we need to wear a dress shirt with slacks or a suit 3x a week in this program. My father was a tailor at Zegna and suitsupply (most of my suits are from here since i have the hook up but its still kind of expensive) and he has a place I can get suits but I'm not a fan of some of the styles there.

Anyway I'm trying to get multiple opinions......

1. Can you wear a tie with non solid colored dress shirts that have one breast pocket? Or is that looked down upon? I have about a dozen dress shirts from Uniqlo and they all have a breast pocket.

2. Any recommendations for a site where I can buy a bunch of quality ties that arent too pricey?

3. Whats a good all white dress shirt (no more than $75)? I'm gonna need a handful of these.
thetiebar.com has ties for 15 each. Charles Tyrwhitt shirts are solid. Think you can find them for $30 on their website.  
Forgot about Charles T. I also will be in need of a good amount of white shirts. Cant go wrong with that

See here's the thing. When you see someone wearing Jays with a Reebok Sweater and Adidas shorts its ok to roast him? But when a guy with an ill-fitting suit, pink shirt, and outdated square toe shoes post a picture thinking he is "doing it" and its not ok to give him harsh criticism. Man yall a trip.His suit was sparkling man...Come on!

Last edited:
Some people who post here aren't looking for any criticism. It seems like broncos19dm broncos19dm was just sharing his fit from the party he went to. I didn't see him ask for any criticism.

With that said, I appreciate the contribution to this thread as an example of what not to wear.

Last edited:
See here's the thing. When you see someone wearing Jays with a Reebok Sweater and Adidas shorts its ok to roast him? But when a guy with an ill-fitting suit, pink shirt, and outdated square toe shoes post a picture thinking he is "doing it" and its not ok to give him harsh criticism. Man yall a trip.His suit was sparkling man...Come on!
Is he also wearing a white G-Shock? You can't be serious.

What are some good color tie/pants/shoes combinations with navy and gray dress shirts?

Last edited:
What are some good color tie/pants/shoes combinations with a navy dress shirt?
If it is a solid color navy dress shirt I would go with a khaki suit, Brown oxfords, Floral pattern tie that is a lighter color (Does not have navy in it). IMO solid navy dress shirts are easier to wear down. For example with blue jeans + loafers or slim khakis without a tie and a jean jacket if it is cold.

Is he also wearing a white G-Shock? You can't be serious.
IDK man its been well documented in other threads that upon a first foray into the DB thread with a pic, that its met with negativity. It borders more on harshness than constructive criticism a lot of the time. I remember the first time I posted a pic in the old DB thread I got flamed and didnt post another one for like a year and change 
laugh.gif
, just lurked.

The suggestions are always on point, but the wording isnt. 

It should be noted that the posts, however negative they come off, are done with noble intentions and dudes on here mean well when they give feedback.

What are some good color tie/pants/shoes combinations with a navy dress shirt?

If it is a solid color navy dress shirt I would go with a khaki suit, Brown oxfords, Floral pattern tie that is a lighter color (Does not have navy in it). IMO solid navy dress shirts are easier to wear down. For example with blue jeans + loafers or slim khakis without a tie and a jean jacket if it is cold.

Very easy to pull off with jeans in a casual look, but I need it to be more of a business casual/professional look. The type of tie is the hardest part.

Hey guys, can you all give me some tips on what to wear to a summer wedding? The wedding is in August so I don't know if I'll go the blazer route but I'm open to the idea depending on the materials used. Lastly I'm thinking I will be getting the fit from banana republic as I've seen some good fits there lately.

Back
Top Bottom