Dressing Better Vol 2.0

I am in the same boat re: Red Wing vs. Wolverine 1000 mile.

I ordered a pair of each, and although initial comfort was better with the 1000 mile.... The RW's seemed more durable and looked better IMO.

I returned the 1000 miles.

^
My Red Wings are tanks. The 1K have a better shape but how are you going to have leather soles on a boot? Makes no sense to me for that type of boot.

So we having DB meet ups now? 

Where the invites....
A lot of guys keep in touch via cell phone even though they don't post anymore. Apparently all the cool cats reside in the northeast.

I met up with 4 local dudes also. Love networking with the dudes :pimp:

^
My Red Wings are tanks. The 1K have a better shape but how are you going to have leather soles on a boot? Makes no sense to me for that type of boot.
I'm almost certain the 1k have special leather sole. I forgot the technical name but it has a special chemical added for better traction. I had that on mine and they were great in wet surfaces.

I don't like how plain the 1ks I got look. The Iron Rangers look more youthful with all the details, i.e slightly speckled sole, cap toe, chrome eyelets.

Plus I haven't really seen any good fits online of someone pulling off the 1ks whereas I've seen some clean IR outfits.

oh i bought the 1k rockfords..which have a toe cap.. maybe look into a pair.

I had the same concerns regarding the width and the ankle. I have the snuff suede pair. I went with my usual dress shoe size in US 11 so a 10UK. Let me know how I can be of more help.
Those shoes look familiar...
glasses.gif
any points of reference?  i usually wear a 9 in all boots (drmarten, redwing, tims), usually a 9 in dress shoes and usually a 10 in sneakers.  i have tried on a pair of to boot new york chelsea boots in a 9 and it was a bit tight.  my foot is average width.  for what it's worth, my brannock sizing is 10.5D but that might not be the best measure.  i included brannock measuring because i went to reddit for help and they use the brannock sizing more.  

Have you asked Meermin for sizing help? They were quite helpful when I bought from them.
yea, they suggested my dress shoe size but im scared it might be too narrow due to it being a chelsea boot

Chelsea's aren't that narrow.

It would be an issue if Meermin's offering was a chiseled toe. Since it's rounded, the last should be fine to go TTS.

A lot of guys keep in touch via cell phone even though they don't post anymore. Apparently all the cool cats reside in the northeast.

I met up with 4 local dudes also. Love networking with the dudes :pimp:

I'm not coming to Kali until next year...

Atlanta, DMV, Europe(Paris, Spain, Amsterdam, London) and Orlando where I'll be traveling this year

So what's the 411 guys

Europe - oct 28th - November 4th
Orlando - May 9th - 14th
DMV - May 1st - 4th

Last edited:
Going to Minneapolis March 20-23

New York May 20-25

Seattle in September

Not that anyone cares 
laugh.gif

Still trying to figure out where to do the honeymoon though. 

Back
Top Bottom