Dressing Better Vol 2.0

Tts is the exact opposite of all over the place, assuming you're using the term correctly.

Thank you! I wear an 11.5 sneaker and have a pair of AE strands in 11E. After breaking them in I think I could've gone 10.5E but would've been a tight fit. What do you think would be my size in the meermin double monks and loafers?
And if you have either the monk straps in burgundy or the loafers in the dark brown suede would you mind posting pics? Thanks again.

Go with 10.5UK, the Hiro and Ron last which I believe is which last they are on are pretty wide, relatively speaking. I'm more concerned with the fact that you are an E. I think though both would work.

I will try to find a couple of pictures, I have both.

Go with 10.5UK, the Hiro and Ron last which I believe is which last they are on are pretty wide, relatively speaking. I'm more concerned with the fact that you are an E. I think though both would work.

I will try to find a couple of pictures, I have both.
Okay so you don't think I should get the 10UK? And awesome I would love to see some pics.

Just want to take a poll of opinions.

For someone who would have to wear a suit and tie Monday-Friday, how many suits/shirts/ties/shoes should one have?

Kinda late on this, but I have to wear a suit M-F when the House is in session. I am in dire need of some new shirts but I have 3 suits, 5-6 shirts, 9-10 ties (that I regularly wear), and 4 pairs of AEs in my rotation.

On non-session days I get to flex with sneakers which is pretty nice.

Hello DB!

I'm currently buying clothes for work when I start full time in July. I have a lot of business casual clothes as it is but I want to add to them. I'm probably gonna cop desert boots off eBay and I was wondering what button down shirts and khakis you would recommend.

I'm looking to get slim fit tapered khakis. My budget around 30-40 a pop. Does that pretty much only leave dockers joints?

Also looking to spend 20-30 a shirt. I have a lot as it is but I want to add. What's the best bang for your buck?

As always, any info this thread provides is helpful. I appreciate all the help yall have provided me in the past :smile:

Just want to take a poll of opinions.

For someone who would have to wear a suit and tie Monday-Friday, how many suits/shirts/ties/shoes should one have?
Kinda late on this, but I have to wear a suit M-F when the House is in session. I am in dire need of some new shirts but I have 3 suits, 5-6 shirts, 9-10 ties (that I regularly wear), and 4 pairs of AEs in my rotation.

On non-session days I get to flex with sneakers which is pretty nice.
Appreciate the advice man, same goes to all that provided it. REPS for everybody!

Kinda late on this, but I have to wear a suit M-F when the House is in session. .
Intern or staffer ? 
nerd.gif

Last edited:
Hello DB!

I'm currently buying clothes for work when I start full time in July. I have a lot of business casual clothes as it is but I want to add to them. I'm probably gonna cop desert boots off eBay and I was wondering what button down shirts and khakis you would recommend.

I'm looking to get slim fit tapered khakis. My budget around 30-40 a pop. Does that pretty much only leave dockers joints?

Also looking to spend 20-30 a shirt. I have a lot as it is but I want to add. What's the best bang for your buck?

As always, any info this thread provides is helpful. I appreciate all the help yall have provided me in the past :smile:

With your budget you may want to check out J. Crew and Banana Republic Factory stores since they commonly have 50% off sales and have the type of clothes you're looking for.

With your budget you may want to check out J. Crew and Banana Republic Factory stores since they commonly have 50% off sales and have the type of clothes you're looking for.

chris, search for bonobos slim tailored chinos on ebay as you can often find pairs for 30-40 and theyre decent quality. as far as shirts, charles tyrwhitt often has promotions as well. these are in addition to what the standard BR, jcrew, ck stores offer

Suggestions for comfortable dress shoes/loafers for work? Business casual $400 or less. Need something in black or dark brown

Last edited:
Hey Fellas.. was thinking about this thread.

Heading to an informational interview with the Partner/Co-Founder of a mid-size PR firm next week in NYC.

I'm thinking about a going with a classic two-button navy suit and an oxford white button down, brown shoes, no tie, white pocket square. Given the social media pics I was able to find, including LinkedIn, the partner sports one regularly.

Alternatively, I was thinking about going simply with no jacket altogether.

Thoughts? I'm even rethinking the choice of the oxford.

---

If anyone knows anyone in PR and what they could possibly ask. Give me a shout. Thanks!

Hey Fellas.. was thinking about this thread.

Heading to an informational interview with the Partner/Co-Founder of a mid-size PR firm next week in NYC.

I'm thinking about a going with a classic two-button navy suit and an oxford white button down, brown shoes, no tie, white pocket square. Given the social media pics I was able to find, including LinkedIn, the partner sports one regularly.

Alternatively, I was thinking about going simply with no jacket altogether.

Thoughts? I'm even rethinking the choice of the oxford.

---

If anyone knows anyone in PR and what they could possibly ask. Give me a shout. Thanks!

I'd definitely go with a jacket...Also probably a tie but I'm not too sure what the PR culture is like.

Anyone know what the best way to clean suede shoes is? Got some navy loafers that have a water stain and are covered in pollen.

Back
Top Bottom