Dressing Better Vol 2.0

hey guys any recommendations for long sleeves, chinos, cargos, and/or jeans? My closet is basically all uniqlo shirts and besides H&M and BR I have no clue about other brands fit/quality.

This Elwood site looks too good to be true price wise. Any catch?

have you been to hm.com?

all jokes aside, I can't comment on quality as I have not purchased anything from them. reviews are mostly favorable, however.

I bought a 3 pack of the curved hem and 3 pack of the split hem. Google codes too i think like ELWD20 gets you 20% off.

All of the shirts i got are cut a little different and some even have different cotton. The split seam are softer cotton then the curved hem for some reason idk. Some fit good some fit tighters. They are cheap though. And i honestly love my grey split hem and my black curved hem. But the white curved hem is super tight for some reason and made of a heavier cotton that is not comfortable.

All that to say...its hit or miss but the price is solid and i plan on throwing mine away and just re-upping once they get a little beat.

Tom - RL has a few pairs.

Heres a pair I plan on copping http://www.ralphlauren.com/product/index.jsp?productId=67184036&sProdEvar=Wishlist

Lmi if you or anyone else in here needs assistance with anything on the RL or Club Monaco website.

You got the hookup?

I remember I was dating this girl that worked for Club Monaco part-time. She was a probation officer but a chain weed smoker. Her overly weird obsession with Jay-Z turned me off.

Miss those discount though.

Last edited:
Last edited:
The homie @Brovsko hit me up the other week and put me on to a brand he has started, which for men, deals primarily with silk pocket squares, R.Culturi. The designs for his offerings were put together by artists from all over the world which results in very unique pieces. After chatting for a bit, he reached out and asked if would be interested in collaborating with R.Culturi, to which I most assuredly agreed.

This past weekend, the squares arrived and I must say the quality of the silk is definitely impressive.

Today I decided to roll with the "Knight's Move" PS as seen below.

Def peep his site and support the entrepreneurial NTer spirit

http://www.rculturi.com/

Made a short trip to Nashville last weekend and picked up a few fedoras from Goorin Bros

"Dean the Butcher"

""The Doctor"

anyone know of online retailers with peak lapel blazers/ suits was looking for something similar to the exaggerated tom ford look, i saw the crew/ zara/ h&m options but most of them are too narrow/ small. thanks in advance

anyone know of online retailers with peak lapel blazers/ suits was looking for something similar to the exaggerated tom ford look, i saw the crew/ zara/ h&m options but most of them are too narrow/ small. thanks in advance
Washington cut by Suit Supply

Suitsupply Washington fit. Pretty large peak lapels and available in sports coats and suits.

Edit: got beat to it

Last edited:
Got access to the AOS bespoke shop. I originally didn't get an email from them as one of the first 100 customers, but I sent them an email about being on the waiting list and they hit me back quick giving me a password to shop :lol: .

I've been eyeing the Forest tweed joint since I saw a pic of it from weeks ago

It's nice but their proposed method on how its "bespoke" is quite dodgy imo.

Also the fabrics being sourced are only by VBC. For example, Michael Andrews Bespoke also offers VBC as their house line (lower grade = cheaper priced suits). The more luxurious mills like Dormeuil or Ariston are more expensive and therefore not in line with the AoS price points. However their in house VBC is comparable priced against AoS's line.

Therefore it comes down to what experience makes more sense for the money you are about to spend. While I know not everyone can make it to their NYC shop, the idea holds true with (if any) bespoke shops that might be more accessible to you.

• If you go with MAB, you go in store to where a professional actually take your measurements for you with multiple fittings to ensure the basted garment matches your own pattern.
  • If you go with AoS, you snap a pic of yourself wearing a jacket then Dan and his team eyes the picture and makes the pattern based off that. Unless you are in the LA area, you never get properly fitted in person.

I personally do not see how a true basting process can be had through online pictures/assessments only. Even those who go in to bespoke shops end up needing minor alterations when the garment is completed and that's with on hands fittings.

Just ain't adding up.

Last edited:
How does Asos fit?

As some of you may know I'm getting married in December and for the engagement party, I want to wear a collarless blazer.

I'd much rather get one tailor made to me, but I don't know any tailors in LA. 

I found a few on Asos which look nice, but who knows what they look like in person.

Also, anyone know where to find a blue tux?

DO NOT COP FROM ASOS. QUALITY IS NO BUENO. UNLESS U COPPING SOME EVERYDAY TEES I REPEAT DO NOT COP.

Damn 
laugh.gif

These aren't "in" right now so I'm not sure where I can find one.
ill search with you. I'm sure the gang is down to help too

\

u can also cop a regular blazer and have a tailor alter it to collarless

Last edited:

Also the fabrics being sourced are only by VBC. For example, Michael Andrews Bespoke also offers VBC as their house line (lower grade = cheaper priced suits). The more luxurious mills like Dormeuil or Ariston are more expensive and therefore not in line with the AoS price points. However their in house VBC is comparable priced against AoS's line.

Therefore it comes down to what experience makes more sense for the money you are about to spend. While I know not everyone can make it to their NYC shop, the idea holds true with (if any) bespoke shops that might be more accessible to you.

• If you go with MAB, you go in store to where a professional actually take your measurements for you with multiple fittings to ensure the basted garment matches your own pattern.
  • If you go with AoS, you snap a pic of yourself wearing a jacket then Dan and his team eyes the picture and makes the pattern based off that. Unless you are in the LA area, you never get properly fitted in person.

I personally do not see how a true basting process can be had through online pictures/assessments only. Even those who go in to bespoke shops end up needing minor alterations when the garment is completed and that's with on hands fittings.

Just ain't adding up.

Good info :pimp:

Just ain't adding up.

To add to Adrian's points, the VBC fabrics will literally run you about the same if not a $100-200 more at MAB but you will get much more out of an in shop visit. In addition, to being measured in shop, AoS isn't offering the customization that makes it truly "bespoke."

For example, I like the natural tweed and I too was eyeing the forest green tweed but you have no say in regards to the pocket choices (patch vs. welted vs. inset and hacked vs not hacked), the lapel width, options between fully lined, half or quarter lined or get to choose the lining itself, plus button options, amount of buttons on sleeve, color of collar felt, color of crossgrain on sleeves, etc. I understand, that in many way AoS is trying to simplify the choices but in my opinion it also goes against the "bespoke" name.

I don't see how their fitting process is any different than any of the MTM companies out there in where you can send your measurements too and pictures as well; if you wish, but half the price point, if not more.

DO NOT COP FROM ASOS. QUALITY IS NO BUENO. UNLESS U COPPING SOME EVERYDAY TEES I REPEAT DO NOT COP.
True story. In comparison to when they first launched, asos in house brands quality has gone to crap . I just use the site now to cop 3rd party items. Chinos are paper thin, sweaters are like 10% cotton and 90% (insert man made material).

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom