Dressing Better Vol 2.0

Wedding next weekend, engagement party the following
pimp.gif
what's even better is the wedding I'm staying overnight and the engagement is legit 45 seconds away from where I live, right down the street.

Just hoping for some clear weather where a coat isn't necessary.
The homie @macbk is gonna be tasting yambs all weekend long.

laugh.gif

Nice man. You'll love them. What color did you end up going with?
I went with tan. I was debating between grey and this but ended up going with tan because it's more versatile.

They should arrive right in time for my birthday 
pimp.gif

Last edited:
Tips for tying a bow tie or recommendations for clip-ons? May want to try it out instead of a tie for the wedding.

Do J Crew shoes fit true to size?

Last edited by a moderator:
^Amazing :pimp:

So how does the SuSu experience typically work? Say I walk in there with no knowledge of the prices or my fit. Do I pay for a fitting? How much should I expect to pay for a suit? Are there discounts available? I have some events coming up I need to get suited up for and I feel I'm too novice to go the TaT route right now. Would rather someone else measure me and hook me up. I've bulked back up since I've been in the gym and I'm ready to buy some suits.

niooceeeee :pimp:

i'm about to start searching for a tux.

been searching for a shawl collar similar to this tom ford. however, i'm not paying $5k for it :lol: . any suggestions? price range will probably be more closer to $2k.

^Amazing :pimp:

So how does the SuSu experience typically work? Say I walk in there with no knowledge of the prices or my fit. Do I pay for a fitting? How much should I expect to pay for a suit? Are there discounts available? I have some events coming up I need to get suited up for and I feel I'm too novice to go the TaT route right now. Would rather someone else measure me and hook me up. I've bulked back up since I've been in the gym and I'm ready to buy some suits.
No price for fitting/consultation at all. But there are also never any discounts (unless an outlet runs which has happened 2x in the last 3 years).

With SuSu, they have stock fits all in different cuts, each suited for a different sort of person (lean will work better with Washington or Lazio cuts but larger is best for a Napoli). After the suit is chosen (ranges from $399 to 639 for most cuts) then an in house tailor option can be had to get it to fit properly. All in all, should take a week after alterations.

The navy suit I wore earlier this week was $499 plus $170 in alterations. The blue one today was $599 with $125 in alterations. Keep in mind though, I am very particular so likely am having them re-work more than what a normal person would ask for.

Last edited:
be forewarned, i find the guys at suit supply to be extremely pretentious.
Reminds me of this one time I went to the Gucci store. I was shopping with a female friend who is more into a hipster style and an employee walked up to her and said "if you can't afford it you can leave" 
indifferent.gif

Employee should've gotten this:

I left and never went back there. Clown *** employees. The irony is she has 10 times those employees' annual salary in her bank account 
mean.gif
 I've dealt with some pretentious employees before but I never witnessed anything as bad as that.

Last edited:
be forewarned, i find the guys at suit supply to be extremely pretentious.
I might start working at the Philly location on weekends (mad tight with SA's and even manager there)....can confirm....I am pretentious AF

:lol: that's fine. The SuSu I'm going to is in Georgetown. I'm sure it'll be pretentious. I bought a really expensive piece of jewelry in the the shop right next to it sweating in my gym clothes while couples were picking out wedding rings giving me the eye. The employees were iffy about me until I paid straight cash. Actually they were still probably iffy about me after that :lol:

If they give me sass I'll just pretty woman them the next time I go in.
tumblr_nf245175A91r2hnw5o1_1280.png

Last edited:
:lol: that's fine. The SuSu I'm going to is in Georgetown. I'm sure it'll be pretentious. I bought a really expensive piece of jewelry in the the shop right next to it sweating in my gym clothes while couples were picking out wedding rings giving me the eye. The employees were iffy about me until I paid straight cash. Actually they were still probably iffy about me after that :lol:

Nothing beats walking in with gym clothes, sweating and having no one approach you because they think you're broke. Finally someone will approach and you drop the Centurion on em while at the register :lol:

But why just not wear regular clothes? Did you go with the purpose of trying to look bummy to then flip the script?

Hope not as that would be beyond lame. I know a few folks who've told similar stories as if to brag. Feel sorry for dudes like that.

Back
Top Bottom