Dressing Better Vol 2.0

I think I get my pair in today. I got the extra slim but I'll actually measure my waist and post a pic of the fit if they come in.

Last edited:
 Not sure how many of you guys in here have encountered this, but I was unpleasantly surprised with some of my nicest dress pants, polo and wool v neck sweater getting totally eaten by either moths or carpet beetles. I usually always make sure my woolens are laundered before storing them, but clearly forgot a piece or two and was hit with this. Do you guys have any special treatments you use to prevent clothes being eaten such as cedar lining or moth balls? The moth ball solution is not very satisfactory for me as they smell disgusting and tend to seep into your clothing. I'm just so furious about this because the unknown kills you more than anything else and you're not fully sure if something is still in the closet. Dry cleaning every piece wouldn't be practical or financially feasible so I hand washed some of my more delicate items and left brand new things alone after inspecting them closely. One of those things that no one wants to encounter since we are all into our fashion and invest a lot into it (little bastards ate through hundreds of dollars worth of clothing).

Anyone know where I can get some lightweight long sleeves for summer? I had one but someone messed it up

Like real thin. And i could even wear it on a hot day

Already mentioned that that is the initial fit and they have since stretched. Fit is on preference fellas.

How many times we gotta go over this :lol:

If I'm a 31-32 waist would you recommend sz 30 or 32? I intend to buy the slim and then having the leg tapered. thanks in advance
I'd say go with the 32 bro

Definitely go with the 32. I can barely button this 28 and can't walk in these. Don't know what I was thinking :rofl:

Not sure how many of you guys in here have encountered this, but I was unpleasantly surprised with some of my nicest dress pants, polo and wool v neck sweater getting totally eaten by either moths or carpet beetles. I usually always make sure my woolens are laundered before storing them, but clearly forgot a piece or two and was hit with this. Do you guys have any special treatments you use to prevent clothes being eaten such as cedar lining or moth balls? The moth ball solution is not very satisfactory for me as they smell disgusting and tend to seep into your clothing. I'm just so furious about this because the unknown kills you more than anything else and you're not fully sure if something is still in the closet. Dry cleaning every piece wouldn't be practical or financially feasible so I hand washed some of my more delicate items and left brand new things alone after inspecting them closely. One of those things that no one wants to encounter since we are all into our fashion and invest a lot into it (little bastards ate through hundreds of dollars worth of clothing).

Damn, I would of been heated too.

I'm not sure how moths could get into someone closet, or house for that matter but anything is possible I guess. I know having a suit cover bag protects clothes from that sort of thing.

Never heard of carpet beetles before reading your post, but if you believe that's what destroyed your clothes I was able to find out how to get rid of them and prevent infestation w/ a 2 second Google search....http://www.getridofthings.com/pests/beetles/get-rid-of-carpet-beetles/

not the cheapest option, but maybe try vacuum sealed bag? 

I'm not even trying to start anything...but those pants must look like leggings on you. Son I tried those pants on last night and had a good laugh with my girl about them. Waddling around the room and **** just dying laughing. My thighs had a pulse when I took those joints off :lol:

I miss the old A, straight from the campus A
GAP selvedge A, dressing better A
I hate the new A, the bad mood A
The always rude A, supmypantstoosmall A

But thanks for the discount code again, I might try the size 30 if they take returns

Last edited:
I'm not even trying to start anything...but those pants must look like leggings on you. Son I tried those pants on last night and had a good laugh with my girl about them. Waddling around the room and **** just dying laughing. My thighs had a pulse when I took those joints off :lol:

I miss the old A, straight from the campus A
GAP selvedge A, dressing better A
I hate the new A, the bad mood A
The always rude A, supmypantstoosmall A

But thanks for the discount code again, I might try the size 30 if they take returns
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Anyone can point me in the direction of a shirt like this for a decent price? Preferably this color or darker

Im 6'4", 235lbs. My pant size is about 34-36. I lift and my arms, shoulders chest and back reflect that. Any chance I can find a decently fitting denim shirt that doesn't look boxy because of how broad my shoulders are?

Anyone can point me in the direction of a shirt like this for a decent price? Preferably this color or darker

Im 6'4", 235lbs. My pant size is about 34-36. I lift and my arms, shoulders chest and back reflect that. Any chance I can find a decently fitting denim shirt that doesn't look boxy because of how broad my shoulders are?

Maybe more than you're trying to pay but I wouldn't hesitate on paying it because this shirt will last you forever. Will ship to you for free within a day or two then you can return it for free if it doesn't work out. They have a slim version too, but since you said you're a bigger guy I'd go with this one.

588217_mrp_in_l.jpg

https://www.mrporter.com/en-us/mens/acne_studios/ewing-washed-denim-shirt/588217?ppv=2

Last edited:
reached out to Charly @ falcon for leather coat sizing... AND.... No way an off the rack jacket is gonna work for based on the measurements i got back

shoulders    17.3"

chest (pit-to-pit)    21.0"

waist    20.5"

body length, front    20.8"

body length, back    23.0"

sleeve length, from shoulder    22.9"

sleeve width @ pit    7.3"

sleeve width @ elbow    6.4"

sleeve width @ cuff    4.8"

Maybe more than you're trying to pay but I wouldn't hesitate on paying it because this shirt will last you forever. Will ship to you for free within a day or two then you can return it for free if it doesn't work out. They have a slim version too, but since you said you're a bigger guy I'd go with this one.

588217_mrp_in_l.jpg

https://www.mrporter.com/en-us/mens/acne_studios/ewing-washed-denim-shirt/588217?ppv=2

How is the fit? I have shoulders that are drastically wider than my torso and waist and the hardest thing is finding a shirt like this that isn't box shaped

Can always get something tailored if it looks boxy. You can get the waist and arms and whatever else taken in if the shoulders and fit good

Back
Top Bottom