Dressing Better Vol 2.0

Anyone have or tried on the JCrew Ludlow suits and ALso suitsupply?  for the same price; which would be better for formal wear?  As well as quality and fit for extremely thin people

Last edited:
Anyone have or tried on the JCrew Ludlow suits and ALso suitsupply?  for the same price; which would be better for formal wear?  As well as quality and fit for extremely thin people

I've owned a few from both. I can say that the quality is better at suit supply but Jcrew isn't bad at all. The cuts are very different. The ludlow has very thin lapels and a lower stance than all suit supply cuts, giving it a more trendy slim look. I prefer wider lapels, since I'm not extremely thin. I also like wider ties [read not skinny], and spread collar shirts - all of which don't work as well with jcrew's ludlow.

Ive never paid full price for a ludlow so I can't really say they're the same price. Jcrew has always been cheaper.

I've owned a few from both. I can say that the quality is better at suit supply but Jcrew isn't bad at all. The cuts are very different. The ludlow has very thin lapels and a lower stance than all suit supply cuts, giving it a more trendy slim look. I prefer wider lapels, since I'm not extremely thin. I also like wider ties [read not skinny], and spread collar shirts - all of which don't work as well with jcrew's ludlow.

Ive never paid full price for a ludlow so I can't really say they're the same price. Jcrew has always been cheaper.
All of this.

JCrew would make more $$$ if they just added an inch to their lapels.

Their lapels are way too thin. I've noticed that the Ludlow suit pants also have lower rises.

JCrew would make more $$$ if they just added an inch to their lapels.

Their lapels are way too thin. I've noticed that the Ludlow suit pants also have lower rises.
Not just about width. Their buttoning stance is far too low along with their jacket being cropped.

Aesthetically, it needs a ton of work.

Very true. The stance is probably what bothers me the most. I didn't realize just how much I disliked it till I wore other suits.

The Jcrew button stance makes it look like you're wearing a jacket too big for you. I always keep mine unbuttoned when I wear mine so you can't tell. It's my worst clothing purchase given the price

Last edited:
uniqlo is having a 1$ sock sale

15 pairs for 15 dollars 
smokin.gif

feels good man

I have 50+ pairs of the Uniqlo socks.

I only threw out 5 pairs (ripped) in the past 4 years.

Last edited:
Will be going to the local Uniqlo tomorrow to see the socks. Quality is nice, I wear mine all the time.

Does anyone here still shop at Gilt? I haven't in 3-4 years. I opened the app for the first time in ages, and it seems so confusing and overwhelming now.

I remember when it first dropped, everyone in the office would block out their calendars to make sure they can go online and look. Interesting business proposition, but it lost its luster.

Will be going to the local Uniqlo tomorrow to see the socks. Quality is nice, I wear mine all the time.

Does anyone here still shop at Gilt? I haven't in 3-4 years. I opened the app for the first time in ages, and it seems so confusing and overwhelming now.

I remember when it first dropped, everyone in the office would block out their calendars to make sure they can go online and look. Interesting business proposition, but it lost its luster.

I bought a BLK DNM Leather moto a few weeks ago after turning on notifications for when it restocked. Came out to roughly $250 after using an email coupon and Ebates cash back so good deals can still be had.

I think it's still a useful marketplace for finding specific things for your wardrobe but I also agree that it has lost its luster.

i only look at gilt when there is a discount code floating around.

i agree it's overwhelming with the amount of products they have...

I'm still on gilt from time to time. I was able to grab my Canada goose from there for $100 off retail plus 10% ebates.

Can anyone recommend a pure black denim trucker jacket besides Levi's?

Their fits seem to have gotten smaller recently.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom