Dressing Better Vol 2.0

My Meermins MURDERED my feet during the break in process. I can wear them now, but damn, I've never worn shoes that stiff out the box before. It took me almost a month to break them in for them to be comfortable. That's what you get with the price though; I've worn shoes that were comfortable almost immediately, but they were $350-$400 compared to $180

Forgot they were in UK sizes on the website. For me, I wear 9.5 US, so I ordered 9 UK

No wonder your feet were hurting, you ordered the wrong size.

I've been wearing mine around the house to get accustomed to the fit and they feel fine.

This is probably confusing DesD1. Everyone is recommending different sizes :smh: :lol:

No wonder your feet were hurting, you ordered the wrong size.

I've been wearing mine around the house to get accustomed to the fit and they feel fine.

It wasn't the fit of the shoe that was bad, it was the stiffness of the leather for me. It was basically not bending AT ALL when I walked anywhere.

Last edited:
Depending on the last, you probably should have copped an 8.5 UK. Should be one full size down from your US.
This. Generally speaking, UK footwear sizing is 1 size down so, a size 10uk is equivalent to a 11 US. But you also have to take into consideration with the lasts for meermin. Purchased a pair of loafers from them and had to size down half a size cause that last fit big and would give me heal slippage and I got a beautiful pair of ralph Benchmade loafers that I have to sell due to the last fitting half size too big.

Last edited:
I'll stick to my TTS apparently that's the way to go ... SFC seemed that you only weren't sure about the conversion but not about the fit whatsoever

Really they do look clean and really cheap, this addition came in the right moment in my life tbh 

However Tom is saying something completely different... 1/2 down ... 

I'll stick to my TTS apparently that's the way to go ... SFC seemed that you only weren't sure about the conversion but not about the fit whatsoever

Really they do look clean and really cheap, this addition came in the right moment in my life tbh 

However Tom is saying something completely different... 1/2 down ... 
Bruv, reread what was said. Don't just buy something without understanding what you're purchasing. I didn't tell you to size down anywhere. I said I had to size down because of that specific pairs last. The last is basically the shape/fit of a shoe. Different pairs of shoes have different lasts. They can all be from the same manufacturer. Mans just see a pair of shoes on the internet and is screaming take my money. :smh:

Last edited:
I did read it carefully ... Pinoy wasn't commenting on sizing but in what SFC should have get 

The two above you said TTS in uk sizing and you were the one saying 1/2 down, am I wrong? 

I did read it carefully ... Pinoy wasn't commenting on sizing but in what SFC should have get 

The two above you said TTS in uk sizing and you were the one saying 1/2 down, am I wrong? 
Sorry, you did not. In fact, this proved you didn't read anything anyone said cause Pinoy indicated SFC sized incorrectly. He didn't say anything about TTS. Forget I said anything cause it seems you're hell bent on ordering the wrong size regardless of whatever advice received.

Hmm my UK 9s have always fit perfectly. Maybe it's because I have wider feet

https://www.safariquip.co.uk/all-categories/mens-footwear/shoe-size-comparisons-tables/

It's saying UK 9 is EU 43. I wear EU 43 in all European sneakers/formal shoes. So my conversion from American shoes is probably off (I was using Allen Edmonds as my reference) , but the Meermins still fit when I bought my pair.

If you're a size 43 EU then you're a 10 US and a 9 UK

Last edited:
Again, I didn't size incorrectly. I wear 43 EU in all my European shoes, which is the same as 9 UK, which means I went true to size when I ordered from Meermin. My conversion from American dress shoes may be off for other people.

I wear US 10 in most sneakers and US 9.5 in a pair of Allen Edmonds dress shoes. So yes, from sneakers, I went a full size down when converting to UK sizes, but half a size from dress shoes.

Last edited:
Again, I didn't size incorrectly. I wear 43 EU in all my European shoes, which is the same as 9 UK, which means I went true to size. My conversion from American dress shoes is probably off.

I wear US 10 in most sneakers and US 9.5 in American dress shoes. So yes, from sneakers, I went a full size down, but half a size from dress shoes.
I did not say that you size incorrectly, I just re-iterated what was said. If you look at my previous post, I put the conversion for you. I don't think that dude understands the conversion. He may be a 10 US and purchase a 10 UK thining they are the same, when it's clear they are two different sizes and this is without even taking the last into consideration.

Last edited:
I'm a TTS Us 9 therefore an Uk 8. That's it. 

If they fit too big I'm sure they'll change it 

Sorry, you did not. In fact, this proved you didn't read anything anyone said cause Pinoy indicated SFC sized incorrectly. He didn't say anything about TTS. Forget I said anything cause it seems you're hell bent on ordering the wrong size regardless of whatever advice received.

Hmm my UK 9s have always fit perfectly. Maybe it's because I have wider feet

https://www.safariquip.co.uk/all-categories/mens-footwear/shoe-size-comparisons-tables/

It's saying UK 9 is EU 43. I wear EU 43 in all European sneakers/formal shoes. So my conversion from American shoes is probably off (I was using Allen Edmonds as my reference) , but the Meermins still fit when I bought my pair.

If you're a size 43 EU then you're a 10 US and a 9 UK
Tom hits it on the head.

Yeah shipping back to Spain isn't cheap.

To get an idea of how the different meermin lasts fit differently from each other I think there was a thread on styleforum with people sharing how the different ones fit them.

I just ordered my reg size and they fit with some heel slip. Not sure if sizing down would've made them uncomfortable.

Last edited:
Yeah shipping back to Spain isn't cheap.

To get an idea of how the different meermin lasts fit differently from each other I think there was a thread on styleforum with people sharing how the different ones fit them.

I just ordered my reg size and they fit with some heel slip. Not sure if sizing down would've made them uncomfortable.
From here, just cop some heel/tongue pads to fill that space.

Dude, I'm just letting you know. A lot of people are into schott because they're an old school American brand that's been around forever. People love the fact that it's American made. Didn't want you to make a purchase and then find out that it's not American made.

VIP code on macys.com for 30% extra off. Got some full suits for under a buck. This RL Polo one even comes down to $105. I was just about to cop a Michael Strahan brand from JcP but this is even better deal

Anyone heard of Grant Stone shoes? Been reading that their long wing bluchers are Alden replicas for the fraction of the cost(made in china). Contemplating whether or not I should get some Aldens or just go the cheaper route

Back
Top Bottom