Dressing Better Vol 2.0

Even with a prescription, you can get it for $95 at warby. Unless your eyes are really really bad then you might pay extra.

Because of my prescription, my Warby eyeglasses require a special plastic for the lense which brings it to around $130-140 ish.

However for sunglasses, I am looking to spend $300. I'm good.

Warby has good frames but I heard their lenses are terrible.
I've been getting my lenses/frames from lenscrafters my whole life. Hopped on the warby train a few years back and have had no issues whatsoever. Quality can't be beat.

Getting prescription sunglasses is a waste. Just get contacts and you'll be able to get any pair of sunglasses you want.

That being said I prefer prescription glasses over contacts. Only reason I'd go back to contacts is to wear whatever sunglasses I want.

I've been getting my lenses/frames from lenscrafters my whole life. Hopped on the warby train a few years back and have had no issues whatsoever. Quality can't be beat.

I'm team LensCrafters. Idk too much about Warby, I've just heard from ppl that have them. Basically lenses get beat up quick. Mainly scratches.

LC is expensive but the lenses are tanks. Rarely get any scratches. Again, you're gonna be paying a premium.

Also, not too many Warby stores around for ppl to go in and get adjustments. I only have one in my area and it would be a hassle to hit them up every time I needed an adjustment.

I'm team LensCrafters. Idk too much about Warby, I've just heard from ppl that have them. Basically lenses get beat up quick. Mainly scratches.

LC is expensive but the lenses are tanks. Rarely get any scratches. Again, you're gonna be paying a premium.

Also, not too many Warby stores around for ppl to go in and get adjustments. I only have one in my area and it would be a hassle to hit them up every time I needed an adjustment.

Can't you just go to any glasses store to get them adjusted?

Damn I didn't know people wore eyeglasses without prescription lenses

You'd be surprised how many ppl do. This 1 guy that helped me at a store was wearing $700+ frames without script lenses :wow:

Someone can correct me if I'm wrong but you have to pay to adjust them if they weren't bought at the store adjusting them.

Or they don't adjust them because they are liable for any damage if they break them .

My warby's only got scratched after my pup got to em. They were under the 1 year warranty so WP replaced em completely with no hassle.

Regarding adjustments, thankfully there's a shop here in Philly but you can go to any store to get one done. If they charge you, WP will reimburse. However, it is only for the initial adjustment so I can understand your position on that.

"If you’re not close to a Warby Parker location, most optical shops will make minor adjustments for free or a small fee. We’ll reimburse you up to $50 for a single adjustment within 30 days of purchase."

Hmm idk guess I'll give them a shot through my insurance. This way it's like a free test drive.

Can't you just go to any glasses store to get them adjusted?

You'd be surprised how many ppl do. This 1 guy that helped me at a store was wearing $700+ frames without script lenses :wow:

If I'm gonna do that **** best believe I'm going straight to the Cartier selection :nthat:

Even with a prescription, you can get it for $95 at warby. Unless your eyes are really really bad then you might pay extra.

Last time I looked on their site, they said they can do prescriptions in a certain range. Dunno if it changed but my prescription is pretty strong but it still was within that range. Will def get my next pair of glasses from them.

Someone can correct me if I'm wrong but you have to pay to adjust them if they weren't bought at the store adjusting them.

Or they don't adjust them because they are liable for any damage if they break them .
Back when I lived further away from a store, I went to a LC to get the adjustment. The person I dealt with seemed very displeased once she realized I did not plan to buy anything but agreed to adjust for free (which I think is their policy anyway) but warned me it is not her fault if she breaks them as she claimed they were "cheaply made".

In the end she did a half-*ssed job and I bounced but not before seeing their display ray bans were sorely in need of some screw tightening. YMMV

Back when I lived further away from a store, I went to a LC to get the adjustment. The person I dealt with seemed very displeased once she realized I did not plan to buy anything but agreed to adjust for free (which I think is their policy anyway) but warned me it is not her fault if she breaks them as she claimed they were "cheaply made".

In the end she did a half-*ssed job and I bounced but not before seeing their display ray bans were sorely in need of some screw tightening. YMMV

So u paid 140 for everything at Warby (Frames, lenses, warrant?)

LC I'm looking at 300-350 with everything when I go out of pocket, no insurance.

So u paid 140 for everything at Warby (Frames, lenses, warrant?)

LC I'm looking at 300-350 with everything when I go out of pocket, no insurance.
$125 flat. Frames, high index lenses, and they come with a stock 1 year warranty. No insurance for that price but my vision care held me down for that reimbursement.

$125 flat. Frames, high index lenses, and they come with a stock 1 year warranty. No insurance for that price but my vision care held me down for that reimbursement.

Do you have a strong prescription? I'm basically blind.

Attachments

• Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    11.3 KB · Views: 29
Lol, might check them out after work. If I can stay under 200 I might try them out and save my insurance for another time.

Lol, might check them out after work. If I can stay under 200 I might try them out and save my insurance for another time.
Yeah my first pair I used insurance and I think my most recent pair I bought out right (purely because I wanted a new frame) and used insurance this year to scoop some Oliver Peoples shades and get the prescription at Vision Works.

Back
Top Bottom