Dressing Better Vol 2.0

Sorry have been MIA from this thread for a bit.

I haven't had a chance to take pictures but the shoes for the $80 that I paid are simply okay. The last/shape isn't great. They are very bulbous IMO. The leather just seems okay. I will try to get some pictures of them this weekend. At their suggested MSRP of $350, there is wayyyy better options out there.

For $80 I'm not mad. It's one of those things that I wished I paid $120 that I could return them but at the same time that if I had paid $120 and liked them I could have spent $40 less.

What are some nice watches that go well with a navy blue suit? Not sure what to pick out for myself and gifts for my groomsmen

I was thinking a clean white face w/ black leather strap

What are some nice watches that go well with a navy blue suit? Not sure what to pick out for myself and gifts for my groomsmen

I was thinking a clean white face w/ black leather strap
What’s your budget?

Looks good. Do you know anything about the MVMT watches? Keep seeing it all over social media. Seems like a lot of the fitness youtubers wear it and promote it.
I've got no experience with them, but from my understanding they're just generic Aliexpress quality watches. That wouldn't be bad if they were in the $30-$50 price range, but they're in the $100+ range.

I wouldn't put money into one personally.

Here's a review on reddit -

Youtube cats are pushing them because they get a percentage of the sales if you use their discount codes. Marketing schemes.

If you want a watch that will last you years I would stray away.

I would honestly suggest a Fossil watch over a MVMNT.

You can also get a nice Seiko for that price as well

Last edited:
Yeah, youtubers push those watches like crazy because those are their sponsors and they get sent free watches.

I always liked Tsovet watches. I believe they are still quartz, but they look good. There are actually a couple of decent Timex watches that don't look too bad either, and can be had cheap. Timex Fairfield and Waterbury collections.

IMG_6978.jpg
IMG_6980.JPG

Available at what I paid for them.

Last edited:
Anyone ever rented from the black tux before? Was hoping to buy a tux for my wedding later this year..but just doesn't seem financially reasonable to blow $500+ on something I'll wear once. Black Tux offers rentals at $125 which seems good - curious as to how they can even get the fit right.

Anyone ever rented from the black tux before? Was hoping to buy a tux for my wedding later this year..but just doesn't seem financially reasonable to blow $500+ on something I'll wear once. Black Tux offers rentals at $125 which seems good - curious as to how they can even get the fit right.

I have. The fit wasn't bad based on what I provided. They did send me pants that were like 2" too short, but they rectified the situation quickly before my event. I also appreciated the slim offering. All in all, not a bad experience.

Only $125? That’s a good price considering that I think men’s wearhouse charges around that price for their rentals.

I used Generation Tux for my wedding. Was a pretty good experience. More slim fitting options than Men's Warehouse.

But what if/when you have another black tie event? You're going to spend $125-200 for a possibly meh fitting rental as opposed to just getting it right this one time and having it pay for itself upon the 2nd event you attend?

But what if/when you have another black tie event? You're going to spend $125-200 for a possibly meh fitting rental as opposed to just getting it right this one time and having it pay for itself upon the 2nd event you attend?

I actually already own a black tux from when my brother got married a few years ago...but wanted to go with navy for my own wedding. Just seeing what other options are out there as i'm already over budget..|l

I had a good experience with them when my buddy got married. Avoid their shoes but everything else was pretty solid.

I actually already own a black tux from when my brother got married a few years ago...but wanted to go with navy for my own wedding. Just seeing what other options are out there as i'm already over budget..|l

Ah, I gotcha. It's just... if it was me... I don't know that my wedding is the occasion where I would want to be experimenting for the first time with tux rental places. pinoy732 pinoy732 can vouch for the lulz that was the tux renting experience for my boys wedding a couple of weeks ago.

Had me roll through the wedding looking like

steve-harvey-during-2005-bet-awards-press-room-at-kodak-theatre-in-picture-id105523986

It was Men's Wearhouse so of course they had to mess up and give two of the groomsmen completely wrong colored tuxes which no one knew until we all showed up the morning of wedding.

Gentlemen I’m having some training at corporate next week for a few days and was wondering where I can get cheap business casual clothes. I frequent H&M but besides that I don’t know much else. Mind you it’s mothers day so I’m not trying to break the bank. Thanks

Back
Top Bottom