Dressing Better Vol 2.0

I always debate buying a pair of CP achilles when I see them in this thread but I feel like there's no way I'm keeping those clean long enough to justify the price. I'm not super into having to wipe my shoes down after every wear and I tend to wear the favorites in my rotation alot. My current white pair is the Jack Purcell's, and when they start getting too beat up for a good wipe down with clorox wipes to fix I pretty much just cop a new pair.

Folks with the CPs are there any somewhat low maintenance techniques to keep them crispy while wearing them fairly often, like 4 or 5 times a week?

I was like that too. Liked my CPs so much that i bought 2 pairs, use one as beaters. **** the price, its the best investment ever as far as everyday sneakers go.

Magic eraser ($5) is a good cleaner for them.

I always debate buying a pair of CP achilles when I see them in this thread but I feel like there's no way I'm keeping those clean long enough to justify the price. I'm not super into having to wipe my shoes down after every wear and I tend to wear the favorites in my rotation alot. My current white pair is the Jack Purcell's, and when they start getting too beat up for a good wipe down with clorox wipes to fix I pretty much just cop a new pair.

Folks with the CPs are there any somewhat low maintenance techniques to keep them crispy while wearing them fairly often, like 4 or 5 times a week?

If you're going to buy a pair of CP then I suggest investing 10-20 in a simple shoe cleaning kit for all your shoes. Protect and lengthen the life of your investments. You won't have to clean them intensely very often.

They are a good quality leather, a simple wipe down with a wet cloth should get dirt etc off. Magic eraser for the sole if its a tough mark. Stop putting Clorox wipes on your shoes please. Especially nice expensive ones. Alcohol will dry the leather out and shorten its life.

If you're going to buy a pair of CP then I suggest investing 10-20 in a simple shoe cleaning kit for all your shoes. Protect and lengthen the life of your investments. You won't have to clean them intensely very often.

They are a good quality leather, a simple wipe down with a wet cloth should get dirt etc off. Magic eraser for the sole if its a tough mark. Stop putting Clorox wipes on your shoes please. Especially nice expensive ones. Alcohol will dry the leather out and shorten its life.

I hit mine with the Jason Markk every few wears followed by saddle soap, but at the end of the day - they are just shoes. If we can afford to shell out $400 for white sneakers, chances are we can also afford to get them dirty. Plus, they are one of the shoes that also looks good broken in.

I second the sentiment about Clorox wipes. Also, don't use a Magic Eraser, essentially it's fine sandpaper and abrasive to the leather. For sole cleaning, a microfiber + saddle soap works amazingly.

I need recommendations for a down jacket with a hood for the winter. Color has to be black. My limit is $500 or less. Been looking at LL Bean, Arcteryx, Mountain hardware, marmot etc

Any recommendations on where I can buy button ups for a responsible price? I usually get H&M Premium and J Crew shirts.

I need recommendations for a down jacket with a hood for the winter. Color has to be black. My limit is $500 or less. Been looking at LL Bean, Arcteryx, Mountain hardware, marmot etc

I personally love the Patagonia down sweater hoody. It’s not very bulky and keeps me warm in nyc winter when I layer.

Wearing CPs 5x a week and expecting them to remain crispy is an oxymoron. Embrace the creases and scuffs.

CPs everyday b

Agreed. I've been wearing CPs almost exclusively since 2008.

My Current CP line up: Maroon, Black & Gray

tumblr_ol36t7UWeW1qcnm4eo1_1280.jpg

tumblr_ok21h0Mr8s1qcnm4eo1_1280.jpg

Patagonia.

I have both a Patagonia and Arc'teryx down. Although the Arc'teryx is slimmer, Patagonias quality is amazing.

Any recommendations for mid rise, slim fit jeans? I’m trying to put the plumbers crack away.

I like everlanes cut, but they only offer basics.

Patagonia or Canada Goose (might be 50-100 over your budget though)

Back
Top Bottom