Dressing Better Vol 2.0

the comment wasnt meant to disparage you from purchasing if that's how you took it, just meant that in recent years it's gained more mainstream popularity whereas historically i think it was more of a work boot.

the comment wasnt meant to disparage you from purchasing if that's how you took it, just meant that in recent years it's gained more mainstream popularity whereas historically i think it was more of a work boot.

No worries, bro. I thought it was funny. Most of the reviews online are from the women you described. I kinda knew what I was getting into.

I’m still trying to gauge where they would fit in my rotation, besides 1x a month, if that. Probably not worth it for me.

From where I sit, politics in fashion is as terrible as ever. She bit off more than she could chew and is getting flamed all over the internet for it.

From where I sit, politics in fashion is as terrible as ever. She bit off more than she could chew and is getting flamed all over the internet for it.

Based on what I read, she sounds like kind of a c*nt too... Lies to customers, calls out other brands for copying when she is directly copying from other brands herself, talks **** during interviews, etc.

I've never heard of any of these people / brands. What is going on? She started a brand and took pre-order money, but then bailed on shipping product?

Emily Oberg gained e-fame doing Complex videos interviewing kids waiting in line for Supreme.
Her "brand" is this faux-health conscious, wellness schtick called Sporty & Rich.

She started this brand selling clothes. Think of every brand doing regular fonts/words on minimal colors.
But her "designs" are rip-offs of older brands/logos.

She caught flak for:
1) recent podcasts airing where she was being racist/anti-vaxx, scoffing at poor folks, and general snobbery.
2) failing to send product to customers after months of delay. They also received shoddy quality clothes that were drop-shipped from China.

She also disabled IG comments and made her Sporty & Rich Wellness Club IG private during this backlash.

Last piece from the J crew sale pack came in today, navy blue seersucker short sleeved shirt. I had a moment at first touch. Like Martin on Molly in Bad Boys :lol:
863CF441-643C-4009-8160-6565319AA4D0.jpeg

In need of some new work clothes, and I realized; Grana really fell off. I enjoyed their chinos and denim/chambray shirts a lot. Shame. They haven’t had stock or reupped in a minute. I remember when pinoy732 pinoy732 had everybody in here copping their U neck tees :lol: Good times.

For those of you that wear white pants during the summer, or whenever.. how in the hell do you keep them crispy? Knowing myself, and taking note of how my pants look after a day, or after a night out, these will be discolored within a week.

so, I’m thinking about customizing them with pant/stains, or bleaching already to avoid the agony, or babying the heck out of them only on special occasions.

12D57FCA-4E33-48A1-B81F-FD97F3049B69.jpeg

im relieved meermin is OOS on anything i actually want
im on the fence about some navy loafers though

Question. What are best options for custom suits?

I used Suit Supply a few years ago. It was a solid, positive experience.

Last Year, I used Indochino. It seems a little more overwhelming in that you have more options. Can’t speak on the quality in comparison to option 1.

Any others?

Did u wind up copping? how was sizing if so?

No, I planned to cop a medium and a large to see which worked better but when I went back the Medium was sold out. Then when I went back the jacket was removed altogether. Missed opportunity on my part.

Are they all logo less?

Ive seen Polos at Suit Supply. I still want to wear loud sometimes. But also balance it with subtle.

Back
Top Bottom