Dressing Better Vol 2.0

What color blank tee/long sleeve/hoodie do you guys like to match w these color pants?

1) dark blue selvedge denim
2) olive chino
3) workwear khaki
4) graphite denim
5) black denim

I haven’t actively sought out clothing with branding in ten years or more, but I did just cop a RL rugby at Marshall’s for $10... couldn’t pass up the chance to ‘stunt’ as a brand ***** for the price of a mediocre burger.

What color blank tee/long sleeve/hoodie do you guys like to match w these color pants?

2) olive chino
3) workwear khaki
4) graphite denim
5) black denim

a lot of things come in to factor imo, like what time of year (the weather outside). Is it hot or cold, sunny or cloudy. I don’t wear bright colors when it’s cloudy/rainy outside. It also depends on your skin tone. Certain colors look better on certain skin tones. Greys tend to wash me out. I tend to look better in navy blue, darker greens and dark brown.

Also if I have a shirt picked out, I’ll hold it againsts my pants and I can just tell which pair it will look best with.

I know this may sound silly to some

Last edited:

2) olive chino
3) workwear khaki
4) graphite denim
5) black denim
answer will pretty much always be black/white/grey. all 3 will go with everything on that list. should have all those colors in high quality short sleeve tees, long sleeve tees, crewneck sweatshirts, and hoodies. those pieces are the foundation of a versatile, minimalist wardrobe.

from there, you can start branching out to other palettes of your preference like all shades of browns, olives, and navys.

a lot of things come in to factor imo, like what time of year (the weather outside). Is it hot or cold, sunny or cloudy. I don’t wear bright colors when it’s cloudy/rainy outside. It also depends on your skin tone. Certain colors look better on certain skin tones. Greys tend to wash me out. I tend to look better in navy blue, darker greens and dark brown.

Also if I have a shirt picked out, I’ll hold it againsts my pants and I can just tell which pair it will look best with.

I know this may sound silly to some

Not silly in the least. That actually makes perfect sense.

Brights during the day. Darks at night. That's a rule of thumb for wines, but the same rationale applies to clothing.

ROYGBiV ROYGBiV
32725CFC-BE53-4AD2-8A33-30106FFAFF2A.png

gap denim jackets are kinda thin and flimsy. Levi's def a little heavier weight and material. Maybe also check the polo outlets for denim jackets, they usually have a couple nice ones.

Back
Top Bottom