Dressing Better Vol 2.0

For those looking for cheap shoes. Bass has a plethora of cool looking ones to check out.

https://bassshoes.harborghb.com/bass-mens-shoes

One of my friend's at school put me on to them and his have held up really well over 2 yrs...gonna have to check them out
nice, I was just about to ask for feedback on "Amsterdam Black" under 'retro'.
I have several boots/shoes that look like that, but the leather seems to get cheaper and cheaper at Clarks/Bostonian.
the leather seems good on these, any feedback?

also, it says no affiliation with any retail stores. I guess that means nowhere in NYC I can look at them in person?

quick question, attending a sort of memorial dinner for my gf's late mother. there wasn't a funeral, so this would be the only public ceremony to honor/show respect in light of her passing. advice on attire? would navy chinos, light colored shirt and brown shoes be inappropriate or should i roll with a more somber color scheme?

For those looking for cheap shoes. Bass has a plethora of cool looking ones to check out.

https://bassshoes.harborghb.com/bass-mens-shoes

One of my friend's at school put me on to them and his have held up really well over 2 yrs...gonna have to check them out
nice, I was just about to ask for feedback on "Amsterdam Black" under 'retro'.
I have several boots/shoes that look like that, but the leather seems to get cheaper and cheaper at Clarks/Bostonian.
the leather seems good on these, any feedback?

also, it says no affiliation with any retail stores. I guess that means nowhere in NYC I can look at them in person?

Yeah, my boy had a couple pairs of bucks so I'm not sure about the leather quality on the Amsterdam boot....the shoe itself looks pretty sleek though (just from pics so I know that doesn't really help :lol:) the amazon reviews seem mixed about the quality of the leather...but I figure if you treat them well they should last a couple yrs at least....I've bought cheaper shoes before and they haven't cracked or anything like that so I think you'd be fine

quick question, attending a sort of memorial dinner for my gf's late mother. there wasn't a funeral, so this would be the only public ceremony to honor/show respect in light of her passing. advice on attire? would navy chinos, light colored shirt and brown shoes be inappropriate or should i roll with a more somber color scheme?

Personally, I'd keep it more toned down with colors at an event like that...I don't think it'd be inapproproate to wear that will prolly look fine but any funerals or memorials I've been to I kept it more plain...maybe go with a white shirt and black shoes instead? Just my opinion though

I think you should go with at least a white shirt and black shoes. I'd even say black or gray pants instead.

I really like shirts with patterns, especially from the fabric powerhouse Liberty of London. I only have 3 so far and decided to wear them all this week. Speaking of which, it's only Wednesday....this week is dragging.

Tuesday:
http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m94v4zNIwG1rux7jzo1_1280.jpg
http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m94v4zNIwG1rux7jzo3_1280.jpg
No hate, I think that you're generally well put together and appreciate that you take some risks but did you intend for your pants to fit like that?

No hate, I think that you're generally well put together and appreciate that you take some risks but did you intend for your pants to fit like that?
:lol: I don't really take risks, man. It's just a part of my style. If I were wearing a Rick Owens leather skirt then that would be a different question. You mean the highwater stance? If so, yes. I hem most of my trousers to just cover my ankle bones, I then double cuffs most of my chinos. (At least all of the Epaulet ones with the heringbone taping on the inseam). When I wear my chinos like that, which is often, I offset it with some bright and often incoherent color pattern socks, also seen in the picture.

Last edited:
I meant more in terms of colors and patterns and as a compliment. With the pants I was talking about the rise of the pants and overall silhouette...maybe it's your stance but they look awkward and not very flattering. Just has an elderly man vibe to it.

I meant more in terms of colors and patterns and as a compliment. With the pants I was talking about the rise of the pants and overall silhouette...maybe it's your stance but they look awkward and not very flattering. Just has an elderly man vibe to it.
As stated in the initial post, I like pattern shirts. And with colors...after you cover the staple, you branch out. I recently got pink and yellow chinos. I plan on getting some mustard corduroys this weekend, and have purple tweed trousers coming in Sept.

The chinos...it's probably due to the angle. I don't use a tripod on weekdays, I just use whatever flat surface I can find. The rise is similar to what a typical denim would be. I have about 10 pairs of the same chinos, just different materials. This one is probably not as flattering since it's an oxford cloth that is very light, probably about 6 oz at the heaviest.

Same chino style, different material for reference: http://wisith.tumblr.com/image/29162684399

Some of the other folks around my age do poke fun that I dress like an old man. Hey, whatever floats your boat though. I just can't see myself wearing ill fitting jeans that's sagging and A&F hoodies like them anymore at the age of 26.

Last edited:
i love the merona tees from Target. The quality is so good and the sleeves never stretch after a day of wear. really solid material. I was wondering if anyone can recommend me a brand of white tees with similar the similar quality. i use hanes but after a few washes they're just not the same.

Bump

I like J. Crew's t shirts. They're slim fitting and hold their shape quite well. I have some from 1-2 years ago and I'm going to guess they've been worn 15-20 times and they're still alright. Not bad for the price at all.

Watching Steve Harvey's comedy special and dude is wearing a glittery shiny 4 button suit...just shows you money can't buy you style.

How is the quality on the J.Crew Ludlow suit?  Is it a good option for the money, or am I better off looking somewhere else?

I'm not actually getting it now, but I like to research and ask questions before I make certain purchases.

Is he still dressed like that? I thought he got more slimmer suits in the recent years (when he actually stopped wearing the wig).
I'm not rad enough for a 4 button set up, but it can be done: http://thickasthieveslookbook.blogspot.com/search/label/4 button suit

It seems that the special is from 3 years ago...so I guess he may have finally changed his wardrobe. I don't think the 4 button set up can be done and I'm honestly surprised that they even offer a 4-button option.

It seems that the special is from 3 years ago...so I guess he may have finally changed his wardrobe. I don't think the 4 button set up can be done and I'm honestly surprised that they even offer a 4-button option.
Jason takes on a big influence from the mod/skinhead scene. It fits his style very well. No one really gets this except for the older gents who were once into the scene decades ago.

Back
Top Bottom