Dressing Better Vol 2.0

Today:

RE: Group blog, if someone else can jump into the captain's chair, that'd be great. The team members are not all confirmed yet at the moment.

Also, I think it's about time for a new challenge. Starting tomorrow...how do you all feel about doing a layering challenge? Work with any patterns or textures you want, to gain the most participation possible.

That's your 60-70 degree weather fit? :wow:

To us North Easterners that's shorts and a t shirt weather :lol:

Nonetheless, that's a sick fit. TOJ jacket I assume?

You west coasters are soft :lol:. Anything around 55 degrees is great weather for us here. My friend moved to California a year ago and says drivers panic when there's a little rain.

You west coasters are soft :lol:. Anything around 55 degrees is great weather for us here. My friend moved to California a year ago and says drivers panic when there's a little rain.
This is why we pay a premium on housing, man. $500k for a one story 1,200 sq ft home built in the 1950s. And also, yes on the rain part. Once it starts to drizzle, cars on freeway slow down to 30 MPH.

In the summertime, it gets over 100 degrees Fahrenheit easily. Camo shorts are ready :smokin

UNKWN: Yep, my first ToJ piece..bought it in November '10 for my Bday. Only took 3 weeks back then to get it.

In my defense, I get cold easily though. My hands are constantly cold :lol:

Layering challenge is a great idea... we'll definitely get plenty of participants.

Wis, that ToJ is really great. I plan on ordering a rider jacket sometime this spring so I can have it for fall/winter of this year... praying that the sizing is right the first time around. The wait will kill me :lol:

Reactions: wj4
oh and as for the blog, guys have we decided are we doing tumblr or like a blogger/etc.?

Also, would anyone happen to be good with coding and could provide a cool layout idea? I'm really excited about this so let's not have it fall in between the cracks of the thread. If we are going to do something, let's start doing it.

Reactions: wj4
Wis and his paper thin skin :rofl:
True story: I got a pretty gnarly paper cut on my finger Monday morning...tried to lift weight later that night and the cut reopened. I haven't been lifting since :lol: Will wait until Tuesday to ensure the skin closes fully. Been only doing cardio since :lol:

Holy chit.

He can't be older than 15, right? I kinda hesitate to say much about a kid so wow...just wow. There's nothing right about that.
:lol: Same thought I had..I thought he was maybe 13 or so? The outfit had to be over $2k. I worked as a telemarketer in high school just so I can cop $150 Jordans every couple of months :lol:

who here got some nice looking socks?... do you guys just pick any color of socks to wear with your outfit?

I really, really enjoy colorful socks. It depends for me, for example if most of my outfit comprises of a neutral color palette or better said if most of my outfit consists of navy, gray, white, brown, etc. but no accent color, then I use the socks to be the "accent" piece. For example I have these gray socks with yellow and green stripes, that I usually wear when everything else is neutral per say. Usually though I try to have either the accent color of an outfit and the socks go, such as if my shirt has some red, to put on a sock with a little red as well, etc. Outside of that, I do have a couple black and navy socks but with a little personality such as skulls and crossbones, so I throw those on as a way to keep everything neutral but with a little flavor.

They always clown on my man Craig, the announcer...especially Garnett. But Craig has that swag, man :smokin

Durant's shirt had some studs/jewels on it, looked horrible. A lot of people wearing black.

I'm not a fan of jewelry on men, but Wade pulled it off nicely with what looked like short dukey chains under a blazer.

I can't wait until all these pictures start becoming available online. I did a write up about ASG fashion last year, what these guy wore wasn't good...at all, for the most part.

I've always wondered this..if someone on the street approach you and ask if they can take a picture of you because of the dope outfit, would you consent?

WOW at the NBs on J. Crew's site being $150 now! Thinking about getting some comfy cheap sneakers to track around town. I walked like 6-8 blocks today and the feet are kinda barking. Thinking about taking a series of pictures of different parts of L.A. when time permits.

Living in NYC, it wouldn't surprise me nor would I mind at all.

Holy chit.

He can't be older than 15, right? I kinda hesitate to say much about a kid so wow...just wow. There's nothing right about that.
:lol: Same thought I had..I thought he was maybe 13 or so? The outfit had to be over $2k. I worked as a telemarketer in high school just so I can cop $150 Jordan
I'm pretty sure he's a couple of years older than me so he should be in his early to mid 20s .

Last edited:
oh and as for the blog, guys have we decided are we doing tumblr or like a blogger/etc.?

Also, would anyone happen to be good with coding and could provide a cool layout idea? I'm really excited about this so let's not have it fall in between the cracks of the thread. If we are going to do something, let's start doing it.
There was a gent who said he can help out with the website layout. I heavily suggest that everyone who helps out is credited, from the guy who mocks up the logo/symbol to participants.

Also, another incentive...stuff like this will look good on your resume, especially if you're in the business field, as a hobby, you can put something like "assist in nation wide team on building niche blog". It shows that you are able to communicate effectively and have some kind of understanding about social media/marketing.

who here got some nice looking socks?... do you guys just pick any color of socks to wear with your outfit?

I typically try to pick a pair of colorful socks that matches at least a color of my outfit. A lot of my combinations are classic colors so I use the socks as a way to make the outfit "pop". There are a lot of options when it comes to colorful sucks but I typically just by them sporadically when I'm out and see a good pattern or color combo. Wis is dead on about Happy Socks, though. The quality on most pairs is crap.

Leather sweat pants apparently.

Melo looked the best, everyone else was looking crazy. Russel had that super loud and busy LV shirt. Did anyone see Darryl Dawkin's suit?
They always clown on my man Craig, the announcer...especially Garnett. But Craig has that swag, man :smokin

Durant's shirt had some studs/jewels on it, looked horrible. A lot of people wearing black.

I'm not a fan of jewelry on men, but Wade pulled it off nicely with what looked like short dukey chains under a blazer.

Can't embed from phone but:

I've always wondered this..if someone on the street approach you and ask if they can take a picture of you because of the dope outfit, would you consent?

This happens to me from time to time during holidays when I put a dressing better spin on festive attire. I always oblige as it is a bit of a compliment. It honestly makes me respect full-fledged celebrities much more because whole it happens once in a blue moon to me, that is their every day life in public.

You already see the increase in non-regulars inquiring since he posted about figuring out a way to disseminate them? :lol:

very true, definitely just take those whom have shown interest to you via PM or something and are regulars.

I definitely have a couple of posts to put up, pretty traveling or preparing to travel from Friday until last night.

Post them pics famb. Did you end up wearing the camel blazer?

Wis and his paper thin skin :rofl:

:rofl:

Agreed. We could do Tumblr, but I'd rather do something slightly more professional

Holy chit.

:lol: Same thought I had..I thought he was maybe 13 or so? The outfit had to be over $2k. I worked as a telemarketer in high school just so I can cop $150 Jordans every couple of months :lol:

He's in his 20s :lol:

edit: 1 raffle ticket over here please!

Last edited:
Step over RFX, there's a new baller in town :lol:

http://www.styleforum.net/t/164384/the-waywt-discussion-thread/86880#post_6139751

I skipped to see his outfit and was like :wow: Straight out of A$AP's vid :lol:

Franalations :smh:

Hes been doing this for quite some time now.. hes infamous on other forums for things like this.. crazy deep jordan/expensive shoes collection.. supposedly he has rich parents that are sponsoring this :x

:wow: I definitely wasn't expecting that :lol: I personally wouldn't ever rock anything like that ever in my life but that "look" doesn't look as strange/weird to me as it did I first saw it

Out tonight for some drinks and saturday shananigans. Kept it simple, knew drinks were going to be spilt. :lol:

UNKNWN x Bathroom mirror

nice jacket, info?

I have a grey/charcoal vest from Express (woll/polyester) that I'd like to wear with navy/blue jeans or maybe even black jeans for a friends 25th bday with a bunch of friends. It's dressy/casual event but I like to look halfway decent.

I'm trying to put together an outfit with the vest + tie but I want something new and fun. Guys have any suggestions for vests and colors to go with?

Need inspiration.

something similar to this is what I like...but my vest isn't brown..

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom