Dressing Better Vol 2.0

Quote:

Originally Posted by TypeRPinoY  

about??
I have a grey/charcoal vest from Express (woll/polyester) that I'd like to wear with navy/blue jeans or maybe even black jeans for a friends 25th bday with a bunch of friends. It's dressy/casual event but I like to look halfway decent.

I'm trying to put together an outfit with the vest + tie but I want something new and fun. Guys have any suggestions for vests and colors to go with?

Need inspiration.

something similar to this is what I like...but my vest isn't brown..

:nerd: Which store in VA? (Fingers crossed that you say somewhere in NoVa...)

I went to the one in Sterling yesterday and they had lots of AEs but nothing really worth picking up/on sale.

Yep, NOVA. Pentagon City location.

Oh, and I've already been to the Tyson's and Potomac Mills locations within the last week or so. I didn't check jeans at each spot though...didn't see a large clearance event until today.

SMH @ people coming out the woods for this raffle. 
laugh.gif

VDAY DINNER LAST NIGHT

little write up on it and featured the wife on the blog...lol

http://aepictureblog.blogspot.com/2013/02/dinner-with-wife.html

Oh man. Big time miss with that ascot and the sneakers IMO.

I would be interested to know how much traffic this thread gets overall.
i'm positive it's one of the most lurked on threads on the site
Looks like it is for the General forum. It has 634k+ views compared to 14k+ posts. The thread about nothing (which I've never even opened) has 1m+ views but 89k posts

Last edited:
Whoa. That's a nice print! Red, navy, gray, basically any solid color trousers would work. I would even try it with striped seersucker trousers :smile:

Great suggestions! Thoughts on a shirt color? Is white a necessity with this,because I am not a fan of white shirts also the event I will be wearing this to is tie required so I will be wearing a bow tie if that has any bearing on your suggestions..Thanks to everyone for their help!

i would go with a solid pale blue or white
Yep. Light blue and white are staple colors and pretty much fail proof.

I've been saying that J. Crew has found a niche for a while now, and they are certainly not easing off the gas pedal. When it comes to fine footwear, USA only really has two left: AE and Alden. England on the other hand has a lot: Tricker's, Crockett & Jones, John Lobb, EG, Alfred Sargent, etc.

The difficulty is that a lot of the US based stores don't carry these brands, and sizing becomes a stab in the dark at times.

J. Crew started carrying AS: http://www.jcrew.com/mens_category/JCrewingoodcompany/alfredsargent/PRDOVR~46794/46794.jsp

I went to the Men's Store today and saw C&Js:

:lol: thanks for the critique bros, yeah the sneakers looking at the pic look a mess, I like the ascot though :\

TypeR I had my navy toggle coat on top, just didn't bother to take a picture with it, it's freezing cold out :lol:

EDIT: I get it, NT hates SC. Sorry to pollute a great thread lol.

Did you all see the Jordan XX8 Launch party for Jordan's 50th birthday? Thoughts on some of the fits?

Obviously MJ's is going to be poor.
air-jordan-xx8-launch-event-15.jpg

air-jordan-xx8-launch-event-11.jpg

air-jordan-xx8-launch-event-01.jpg

air-jordan-xx8-launch-event-03.jpg

Ok, I got bored and didn't want to post the rest.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom