Dressing Better Vol 2.0

Dont mind at all. (left to right)
First pair- AE Clifton's in Dark Brown- $129.90
Second pair- AE Brooks Brothers McAllister's in Burgundy- $129.90 (AE was running an additional promotion on the seconds list. price currently stands at $279)
Third pair- AE Brooks Brothers Neumok's in Snuff Suede- $117 (AE was also running the same promotion on these as well. price currently stands at $250)

Hmmmm I have the lists from the shoebank but I was wondering when/if they run additional promotions? Also, will they ever inform you on such through emails, etc?
I think you can ask them in an email to put you on a list for when promotions are running. I know last year a NTer scooped 4 pairs of AE seconds in their 2 for $200 deal... so mad i missed out on that >: buy yeah, i guess google if/when the next promotion is going to happen. I know Carlin stays on the AE appreciation thread on SF and I lurk as well. If either of us sees a sale is running, best believe we'll put DB on game.

I think you can ask them in an email to put you on a list for when promotions are running. I know last year a NTer scooped 4 pairs of AE seconds in their 2 for $200 deal... so mad i missed out on that >: buy yeah, i guess google if/when the next promotion is going to happen. I know Carlin stays on the AE appreciation thread on SF and I lurk as well. If either of us sees a sale is running, best believe we'll put DB on game.

Appreciate it. I ended up getting 2 pairs for $200 last year during that deal as well. Gonna go pick up some shoe trees later today and I'll post up some of my shoes. Not much and I'm trying to get some more leather ones in the rotation, but I got to wait on sales since I'm still in grad school living off loan money.

Appreciate the help.

Bros, any info as to where I can find those Ralph Lauren all over print shorts for the spring? Tried a year or two back but just stopped looking for them.

Anyone know exactly which Lunargrands are on sale at the outlets? My nearest outlet is kinda far, so I dont want to risk a trip lol

Anyone know exactly which Lunargrands are on sale at the outlets? My nearest outlet is kinda far, so I dont want to risk a trip lol

Lol why don't you just give them a call?

I think most outlets had an abundance of those ugly black/pink ones and they also had the grey and volt ones. Some other people stock located from different outlets I believe

getting better at spit shining:

i want that glass look though...need cream polish though. Definitely going to venture down the saphir route next.

edit:
no where near touching Carlin but here's my current AE collection:

Last edited:
Pinoy, what polish do you use for the dark burgundy pair in the back right?

Thanks bama, I may have to email them again. I don't like the feeling of begging though.

MY IG is in my sig, man.

It is: http://instagram.com/wisithfrombkk

This thing is clutch:

Came back for a sweater :lol:

I remember those 15s went on sale because they were so ugly.. I had the white/baby blue mids and the obsidian/white mids, but never the OG black/red :frown:

I'd be scared that the camera would drop. Is the camera light or are the magnets that strong? I would get one for my iPhone.

Pinoy, what polish do you use for the dark burgundy pair in the back right?

Thanks bama, I may have to email them again. I don't like the feeling of begging though.
Haven't picked up the AE Burgundy polish but that's what I'd use. All there is so far is a saddle soap and conditioner on them.

wouldn't count on them releasing anytime soon. No post 14 jordan has been retroed excluding the CDP's
The exact pair of 15's wj4 is looking for was retro'ed in November of 2007.  They quickly hit clearance soon after..

Thanks Pinoy, I thrifted a pair of shoes that color and wanted to clean them up a bit. I didn't pay much so I'm willing to experiment with polish, any suggestions?

Any lacing tips for shoes?

Besides that, here's my pile (I really need to stop buying suede shoes, I really want some cigar, brown, or cordovan leathers but I just have to wait for a good price):

Not too into the Malvern (middle top brown chukkas) since they are the only ones not correctly sized (I'm about a 8.5 E or EE and I got these in a 9D) so they've only been worn once. I'll edit this post with names of each when I get some more time.

I'd be scared that the camera would drop. Is the camera light or are the magnets that strong? I would get one for my iPhone.
The magnets are really strong, man. You can hear a clanking sound once it's locked onto the pole. If I were to walk by and brush the camera, it wouldn't drop. You need to really want to yank it off. I'm sure they thought of this since there are many levels, ones for super expensive cameras too. The one I got is for a generic point and shoot, with a weight scale in mind. There are upper models aimed for heavier cameras so I'm sure the magnets are weighted accordingly.

The exact pair of 15's wj4 is looking for was retro'ed in November of 2007.  They quickly hit clearance soon after..
:lol: Do you know how much they dropped down too BTW? I know there are fakes of everything now, but just to ask...are there fakes of the 15s? Since they're so unpopular? :lol:

Man, I see used pairs on eBay and sellers are trying to get $200 for them. The shoes look like they've been balled in nonstop since 1999 :lol:

Last edited:
I know its asked on a weekly basis but I really need a good pair of camo pants. i'm trying hard not to cop the dockers joints at 50 bucks.... IF anyone can find me a better pair your help would be greatly appreciated...

I know its asked on a weekly basis but I really need a good pair of camo pants. i'm trying hard not to cop the dockers joints at 50 bucks.... IF anyone can find me a better pair your help would be greatly appreciated...
What size do you need?

Question.

Is getting the waist taken in on a pair of jeans practical? Tagged size is a 34, I wear a 33, but if the 34 is really unbearable is it possible to make it a 33? I really do not have much experience with tailoring, I usually get lucky with off the rack clothing.

Went to Express and Gap yesterday. Express on a whim and Gap because wifey had a 30% off coupon for cardholders. Even if you aren't a cardholder there are some GREAT deals at Gap especially on trousers, from $8-25. On my blog I'll post the price with the 30% off and the price without it if anyone is interested in picking some up. Bought 3 trousers for about $24-25 at the Gap, I specified what each of them are in my blog, but in short I bought a tweed, cotton and wool pair at Gap for $24-25. I also got my first go to hell pants from Express in Red, photographer's fit...50% off all clearance, paid $15 for them.

Gap Pick-Ups (down to a 34!)
http://dressingbetterforless.blogspot.com/2013/03/gap-sale-made-it-out-like-bandit.html

Go to Hell Pants:
http://dressingbetterforless.blogspot.com/2013/03/go-to-hell-pants.html

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom