Dressing Better Vol 2.0

Did anyone score anything good from Gap? I'm about to head over there later today since it's pretty close to my campus.
2 pairs of 1969 slim lightweight Canvas

3 v-neck shirts

2 slim 1969 skinny denim for my daughter

2 print shirts for my daughter

I got a new denim shirt. This is denim shirt number 7. (My most favorite). Look at the details:

This is the denim shirt and those Gap Canvas:

Last edited:
^
I need to hit up Suit Supply when I graduate. Need a suit for interviews. It's tough for us short dudes to find suits in short sizes.

They have everything from Short, Regular to Long. I always thought I was a 44/46R turns out in regards to their SuitSupply sizing I'm more of a 44S, I never would have thought to go the short route with the jacket but in regards to their sizing the short was much better fitting than the regular. The navy suit was simply great off-the-rack, and just needed some minor adjustments, like shortening of the sleeves (functional buttons) and to get pinched a tiny bit on the sides. Only reason I didn't buy is that I didn't go with the idea of spending $469 plus tax and alterations today lol.

Is it an actual store, Serg? Or did they rent a hotel lobby and fill it up with computers and stuff to assist the consumers? I'm not sure if it's Suit Supply or another brand, but I remember seeing their Chicago set up. It's interesting.

Wis, it's an actual store. They have one half of their second floor of suits, from the smallest size being a 36S to their largest sizes being a 52 or 54L. The opposite side of the store has their stand-alone blazers, shirts and by that I mean a plethora of shirts. The shirts alone, the variety is amazing, from 13-18 and 13L-18L, ties and shoes are scattered across many displays. The alterations I'm not sure of the pricing but I know if minor they can be completed within an hour.

Edit found the pricing for suitsupply:
http://us.suitsupply.com/in-store-tailor/content-page-tailoring-instore-tailor,en_US,pg.html

Last edited:
Did anyone score anything good from Gap? I'm about to head over there later today since it's pretty close to my campus.
that is a clean fit fam.

3 v-neck shirts

I got a new denim shirt. This is denim shirt number 7. (My most favorite). Look at the details:

Pulled the trigger on the khaki Italian chino Ludlow today....got my 2 spring/summer suits locked down now....

so it's been awhile but I decided to hit up a local goodwill that I've had luck at before and lo and behold....I walked out with these:

made a very crude video of me shining them (about 20 min long altogether) and I'm working on uploading everything right now. Hopefully I will post tonight. Here's some pics after the shine though:

so it's been awhile but I decided to hit up a local goodwill that I've had luck at before and lo and behold....I walked out with these:

made a very crude video of me shining them (about 20 min long altogether) and I'm working on uploading everything right now. Hopefully I will post tonight. Here's some pics after the shine though:
Bro you may need to start a small business. lol

dat eBay life :pimp:

but no seriously. Jason warned me, and it happened. I hit a DRY spell son. Hopefully starting a re-up now :smokin

That's a dope fit with those arenas and the denim shirt. Is that Akoo? It's pretty sick.

My Lands end cargos came in today they fit great, I might get like 2 more colors.

Found a pair of black pants for my work meeting next week but also got an email from the new job I applied for so I might wear them for a quick interview before my meeting. Wish me luck!

dat eBay life :pimp:

but no seriously. Jason warned me, and it happened. I hit a DRY spell son. Hopefully starting a re-up now :smokin
Better go do your rain dance. It's a nice side hustle no doubt, especially since you're thrifting for yourself. Worst case scenario is you use your profit to fund the gear you kept yourself.

They have everything from Short, Regular to Long. I always thought I was a 44/46R turns out in regards to their SuitSupply sizing I'm more of a 44S, I never would have thought to go the short route with the jacket but in regards to their sizing the short was much better fitting than the regular. The navy suit was simply great off-the-rack, and just needed some minor adjustments, like shortening of the sleeves (functional buttons) and to get pinched a tiny bit on the sides. Only reason I didn't buy is that I didn't go with the idea of spending $469 plus tax and alterations today lol.
Wis, it's an actual store. They have one half of their second floor of suits, from the smallest size being a 36S to their largest sizes being a 52 or 54L. The opposite side of the store has their stand-alone blazers, shirts and by that I mean a plethora of shirts. The shirts alone, the variety is amazing, from 13-18 and 13L-18L, ties and shoes are scattered across many displays. The alterations I'm not sure of the pricing but I know if minor they can be completed within an hour.

Edit found the pricing for suitsupply:
http://us.suitsupply.com/in-store-tailor/content-page-tailoring-instore-tailor,en_US,pg.html

Gotcha. I respect their hustle. The company was started not too long ago if I recall correctly by 2 dudes who had no background in fashion. I believe 1 was a former attorney.

3 v-neck shirts

This is really nice! I will check in tomorrow. I've been intrigued with beat up/distressed articles lately. I really dig the outfit...I had plan on doing something similar :lol: I also regret on not getting those Arenas from Yoox a year or so back. I want a pair now :frown:

Werd?  Hip Hop Lives....
Indeed. I've started to gain appreciation for Jazz as well :pimp:

Last edited:

I really like the last of the shoes. Chisel is one of my fav. It's like square toe done right.

The video is going to start with Adrian polishing the shoes and Nas's "Made You Look" will start playing and the remaining 19:30 will be black screen.

I really like the last of the shoes. Chisel is one of my fav. It's like square toe done right.

The video is going to start with Adrian polishing the shoes and Nas's "Made You Look" will start playing and the remaining 19:30 will be black screen.
...but how did you know that that was my favorite song ever...

Haha but seriously, video is cut very poorly and recorded on the front facing camera of my iPhone. No transitions, just did everything in the process of shining in segments. Total time will be 21:14 :\
I put everything just in iMovie and had the hardest time trying to figure out how to transition so I said eff it, and it just will jump into each introduced segment. Exporting will take another 2 hours, so expect it up sometime tomorrow. Gonna post to youtube when its finished. God this is annoying :smh:

dope, after pics.. what products do you use? My local thrift shops are empty as hell smh

Thanks everyone for the TOJ Help, but basically I'll save up for one of their leathers (because you can basically customize every aspect).. after showing Charly some body pictures he basically advised not getting the jacket because of different technicalities..etc..

But I settled for this in the time being.. a Golden Bear Cotton Varsity from Barneys: http://www.barneys.com/Golden-Bear-Classic-Varsity-Jacket/502440185,default,pd.html

Ordered the last L, hope the fit is good.. What yall think?

Last edited:

Idk why but I died at this :lol:

Thanks blaz3n. I used AE Conditioner/Cleaner and AE Black Polish. Kiwi brand would work fine too but I had these products since I used them for my other AE shoes.

Back
Top Bottom