Dressing Better Vol 2.0

Wish I could find something like that when I thrift. I have yet to find anything good out here in Sacramento. Any places in the Bay?

dope, after pics.. what products do you use? My local thrift shops are empty as hell smh

Thanks everyone for the TOJ Help, but basically I'll save up for one of their leathers (because you can basically customize every aspect).. after showing Charly some body pictures he basically advised not getting the jacket because of different technicalities..etc..

But I settled for this in the time being.. a Golden Bear Cotton Varsity from Barneys: http://www.barneys.com/Golden-Bear-Classic-Varsity-Jacket/502440185,default,pd.html

Ordered the last L, hope the fit is good.. What yall think?

Good call. I have had a few ToJ pieces...the baseball, peacoat, and leathers. Nothing compares to a full on leather piece, man. Something like a brown bomber is a staple item and will serve you great for years to come (assuming you can retain your physique...the more reason to do so!).

Golden Bear is dope, made in San Francisco. I like that piece a lot. The fit is slim, similar to ToJ. I bought a similar varsity jacket, but in red/white for a friend as an Xmas gift.

Last edited:
Wish I could find something like that when I thrift. I have yet to find anything good out here in Sacramento. Any places in the Bay?
There's a science to this. You need to go often, and right after the items hit the shelves. You also need to know what to look for. You're not going to find the normal luxury brands, ie Prada, Gucci. If you lurk on the SF thread, they talk about luxury brands that are unbeknownst to the general public. Those dudes are highly skilled too, can detect the era from the tags :lol:

There are also consignment places, but those are pricier, and sometimes not worth it.

i need a pair of black dress shoes for formal events and interviews for jobs/schools. any good shoe that a student who is starting out in dressing better? nothing too pricey, but will pay if its worth it i guess, $250 range, less would be better though
laugh.gif

Fashion valley mall and mission valley sonce bith r right next to each other.. if ur just gonna stay in the carlsbad area go to the carlsbad outlet there or go to the westfield at Camino real... the carlsbad outlet only has gap from wat I remember
Bro, you forever get shout out by me when I wear the camo.... :lol:

My Cali fam, I will be in Carlsbad, CA (San Diego) April 13th - 18th.  Please tell me where I should go.

i need a pair of black dress shoes for formal events and interviews for jobs/schools. any good shoe that a student who is starting out in dressing better? nothing too pricey, but will pay if its worth it i guess, $250 range, less would be better though :lol:
Try hitting up Nordstrom Rack to see Allen Edmonds shoes. I bought an on sale pair for $200.

I would stick to a simple captoe or plain toe for more versatility since it'll be your first pair.

Cool idea pinoy.
Now I know this is the dressing better thread, I know. We are all brought here by that commonality, but it seems as though we have a lot of talent in this thread also. I'm not sure how we would go about it, but would it be possible to teach our other bros our talents?

Piggybacking off of pinoys shoe shine tutorial.
For example, ksteezy make a minute video on how to edit a certain type of photo. Wis give and sarteaga make a minue video of some insight on their professional careers. Maybe I could display on how to do a certain craft or art project.
I don't know, just an idea.

I am always more than happy to help out the gents in here anyway I can. I would opt out of the video since you never know who will watch. Another reminder to make sure your online record is clean, fellas. You shouldn't have questionable pictures of yourself online. Yes, the Internet is serious business. Big companies have full time personnel monitoring employees' online behaviors now.

Several dudes on here have my number. I'm always to give my 2 cents either via text, email or call. In the grand scheme of things, I'm still pretty young at 27 years old. I have much to learn in term of career stuff. I still have my mentors that I take advices from, and in turn I can pass the knowledge and also my own through mistakes/successes onto you all.

Bros, anywhere I can find an affordable grey blazer that I can wear with jeans? I like the one that Adrian posted a while back from H&M but unfortunately I think it's from two seasons ago.

dat eBay life :pimp:

but no seriously. Jason warned me, and it happened. I hit a DRY spell son. Hopefully starting a re-up now :smokin
This is how you break the dry spell. Very nice Adrian. Keep thrifting and flipping and fund your own addiction. I keep a Paypal card so I don't use my "own" money to buy stuff unless I really want it. It's been good to me to far.

i need a pair of black dress shoes for formal events and interviews for jobs/schools. any good shoe that a student who is starting out in dressing better? nothing too pricey, but will pay if its worth it i guess, $250 range, less would be better though :lol:

Allen Edmond or Cole Haan

Bros, anywhere I can find an affordable grey blazer that I can wear with jeans? I like the one that Adrian posted a while back from H&M but unfortunately I think it's from two seasons ago.

There were some pretty nice grey blazers in my local H&M this past weekend. Several different shades too

I am always more than happy to help out the gents in here anyway I can. I would opt out of the video since you never know who will watch. Another reminder to make sure your online record is clean, fellas. You shouldn't have questionable pictures of yourself online. Yes, the Internet is serious business. Big companies have full time personnel monitoring employees' online behaviors now.

Several dudes on here have my number. I'm always to give my 2 cents either via text, email or call. In the grand scheme of things, I'm still pretty young at 27 years old. I have much to learn in term of career stuff. I still have my mentors that I take advices from, and in turn I can pass the knowledge and also my own through mistakes/successes onto you all.

I can't stress this enough, this can be the difference between getting the job and not. In addition to his I must add, that in addition to pictures be careful of what you post as statuses and in comments. It still surprises me how many people openly complain about their jobs or people at their jobs. It's all good to not like where you're currently at but openly complaining about it on Facebook, just tells employers that you'll do the same if you don't like something there.

Like it was mentioned definitely stop by H&M, I know selection varies but my local one had a couple of blazers and they had an 50% off clearance.

Last edited:
Don't know if this has been brought up, but I just found out about it. If you subscribe to Amazon Shoe Emails you get a 20% off code.

Cool video, man. Thanks for sharing.

A bit jealous of your thrift store prices, though! $5 for those is amazing. Here in LA, thrift stores that i've been to would charge $30-40 for a shoe like that. Back in my hometown of San Diego they'd probably be about $15 most of the time.

It's a good little hobby, no question. I've been doing it for probably 7-8 years and i've put together my entire wardrobe and paid for school expenses like textbooks, etc. You can get the paypal debit card like Grizzly said, keep it separate from your actual checking account. Keep it up. Hope the dry spell is gone, i'm going through a bad one myself.

Last edited:

Dressing better.....I think lol. White Plains strip in NY w/ my lady....rocked some Clark's Desert boots & grey chinos

Back
Top Bottom