Dressing Better Vol 2.0

jumpmankb, you look like a young scottie pippen.

i like the fit besides the shoes. a pair of desert boots would be a lot better imo.

any of you guys headed to fashion week in new york this week. wondering what type of styles you all will be wearing. I will be going up there sunday more than likely so just wondering how it is

I'll probably be out there Thursday, I'll be dressed no different than some of the stuff I post on here...I'm sure there is a ton of individuals that will be out there trying wayyyyyy too hard.

That's dope. We did something like that here last year but I really don't like any of the retail stores in my area.
You NYC dudes don't know how spoiled you are. Pretty much whatever you can think of is within an arms reach.

I read that H&M or Uniqlo, I forget which, is opening their flagship store that's 5-6 levels high in NYC.

One of my fav shirts:

Omgitswes I'm looking through your blog, but it would be a lot
better if you made it more you. I see all those pics posted throughout
tumblr. But I guess it is yours, so you can do whatever you want.

Yeah I hear ya man. It'll become more personal as the seasons progress.
Thanks for checking it out though :nthat:

Gentlemen I need some help, I'm debating whether buying the charcoal or navy J. Crew ludlow suit at around $207 or to buy The Daily Hookup's Indochino deal at $320. Likely getting the 3 piece navy if I do and pay the difference. Any help would be appreciated.

Gentlemen I need some help, I'm debating whether buying the charcoal or navy J. Crew ludlow suit at around $207 or to buy The Daily Hookup's Indochino deal at $320. Likely getting the 3 piece navy if I do and pay the difference. Any help would be appreciated.

If the JCrew Ludlow fits you well, get that. Cheaper and quality will likely be much better than indochino.

If the JCrew Ludlow fits you well, get that. Cheaper and quality will likely be much better than indochino.

That's the one thing I don't know, I have no idea how the J. Crew suit would fit me. I've wanted a 3 piece navy suit for a while now but I've heard great things about the ludlow suit. I'm usually a 46R but I know that that # can vary by brand, cut, etc.

My opiniOn is biased....I'd go with the ludlow :smile:

Jcrew sent out invites to go have drinks at their store...so I'll do that for FNO and just hang in the MPD

I'm also thinking of getting a navy Ludlow suit for interviewing purposes. Already have a black suit but feels weird to wear the same suit when I called back for the 2nd round and final interviews. Does J Crew usually have sales? If not ill probably buy one Thursday at the store during Fashion Night Out.

I was going to wear this as my Interview Armor? kosher?

Last edited:
I'll probably be out there Thursday, I'll be dressed no different than some of the stuff I post on here...I'm sure there is a ton of individuals that will be out there trying wayyyyyy too hard.

They are... I'm def doing FNO this thurs just cause I love the vibe of that day

i have no idea i want to go there for the experience and network to be honest. im going sunday through tuesday. i just hope somethingis going on when im out there

I was going to wear this as my Interview Armor? kosher?
Looks fine to me. Contrary to popular belief, most employers just want you to look presentable. They don't really care that the suit is fully handmade from super 180s wool/cashmere mix. It's about how you answer the questions that determine if you will get a job or not.

We hired a pathologist today that showed up in beat up Rockport sneaker hybrid and a potato sag AKA super baggy suit. He's getting paid $280k/year.

Omgitswes I'm looking through your blog, but it would be a lot
better if you made it more you. I see all those pics posted throughout
tumblr. But I guess it is yours, so you can do whatever you want.
That's 99% of Tumblr though, my man. People just reblog stuff. To take pictures, it takes dedication and time. For this reason, I'm always on the look out for blogs of individuals who make it their own, be it their own pics, ideas, etc. I dig some of the images Wes puts up though.

I saw you were digging the Coco Rocha pics :lol:
I think you're just following the tumblr where I mainly just post models

I saw you were digging the Coco Rocha pics :lol:
I think you're just following the tumblr where I mainly just post models
Just combine your Tumblr into one with a theme that focuses on fashion/style or interior design or whatever you want, bro. It's too confusing :lol:

Looks fine to me. Contrary to popular belief, most employers just want you to look presentable. They don't really care that the suit is fully handmade from super 180s wool/cashmere mix. It's about how you answer the questions that determine if you will get a job or not.
We hired a pathologist today that showed up in beat up Rockport sneaker hybrid and a potato sag AKA super baggy suit. He's getting paid $280k/year.

Agreed, honestly when I interviewed for my teaching position, when I didn't dress anywhere near better, I wore a pretty ill fitting suit and still got the position. Nonetheless, your suit looks great and the shirt and tie combo is conservative which for an interview is great. I'm also thinking of going the tumblr route instead of the blogspot.

Agreed, honestly when I interviewed for my teaching position, when I didn't dress anywhere near better, I wore a pretty ill fitting suit and still got the position. Nonetheless, your suit looks great and the shirt and tie combo is conservative which for an interview is great. I'm also thinking of going the tumblr route instead of the blogspot.
Tumblr is great for photos, Serg. Blogspot and Wordpress are better for more indepth blogs.

Brooks Bros for ladies is killing it. If I see girls dressed like this in real life, I would compliment.

Went through old pics and found this :lol: Would still rock the Polo sweater if it was a size small, and not XL (and if the moths hadn't eat it up).

tumblr_m9v0cxY7mL1rux7jzo1_500.jpg

Back
Top Bottom