Dressing Better Vol 2.0

What about raw denim? I have a pair of apc's I need to break in this winter but the stacking kills me. I've been advised not to get them hemmed until after a wash but I'd absolutely hate to wear them as they are for 6 months :\

Edit: Wj4 where'd you cop those N&F's from? $79 is a steal.

Last edited:
I'm completely new to raw denim. Just recent bought my N&F Weird Guys a few months ago....but really I don't see any harm in getting them hemmed before a wash.
If you don't want to get them hemmed just yet, just cuff them until you get no stacks. Unless it's a crazy huge cuff.

I actually like stacks in denim though. Looks dope to me

You guys should check out my tumblr (in my sig). I've started posting more fashion and what not. Right now it's just stuff that I like, but I'll start doing more personal posts and WDYWT posts once the weather starts getting cooler.

Ive had this suit for 4ish years now and looking to get some modifications done. I like the sleeve length but im thinking i need to get the shoulders modified and the sides taken in. as far has the pants, im probably gonna get them hemmed. Thoughts, opinions, Bueller? Sorry abt the no shoes thing, sprained ankle is being a hater. Size is 42xl(ong)
Depending on its quality, you'd be better off getting a new suit than to have a quality tailor fix the shoulders (if it's possible). It does look way too full for you overall. It's hard to tell at least on my monitor but the jacket length looks okay and the pants can definitely be altered.

Just got these Florsheim wingtips today. Found them on the clearance rack at DSW, and ended paying $47, couldn't pass that up as I was looking for a pair to wear with a navy suit. Any ideas on what else these can be worn with (in a business casual office setting)?

My son Miami had all them moms mirin' wishin he was they son n law :pimp:

Breezy - my dude raided Frodo Baggins dresser?

real life...

seems like it :lol:

Because Wj4 said that SF hates on people and think they are the poop (basically)... so i went on SF and i was just looking through there thinking how are these dudes fashionable?
yea some of them are fresh as hell but most of them look hella lame... just like bilbo up there

looks :pimp: is it wool though? Some pics it looks like it is, and others it doesn't
It's really nice, man. It's wool with leather trimming. I wanted one from Gant but it was like almost a grand.

ANd yes, I've noticed you're more active on Tumblr now, I dig the model pics!

eh I like SF a lot.
I usually get some pretty nice help over there, whenever they actually answer the questions

You guys should check out my tumblr (in my sig). I've started posting more fashion and what not. Right now it's just stuff that I like, but I'll start doing more personal posts and WDYWT posts once the weather starts getting cooler.
Do more WDYWTs, my man! Will reblog.

eh I like SF a lot.
I usually get some pretty nice help over there, whenever they actually answer the questions
SF is definitely great. I learned a ton, and just not about clothes...about business and culture awareness as well. But man, some are lame. I'm not a violent person or anything, but if some of those guys talk in real life the way they do online, they would get chin checked quickly.

Wes: I feel you, man. I can't wait until the weather cools down. I just need to make a bag to put my camera into for shooting in the rain :lol:

What about raw denim? I have a pair of apc's I need to break in this winter but the stacking kills me. I've been advised not to get them hemmed until after a wash but I'd absolutely hate to wear them as they are for 6 months :\
Edit: Wj4 where'd you cop those N&F's from? $79 is a steal.
It's at Barneys, my man. I'm going to get them hemmed to 32" inseam. It will still have stacks, but a good size. I think default is like 36"?...I'm only 5'9" :lol:

I'm not the biggest jean junkie either. This is why I refuse to spend more than $200 on a pair.

How does Uniqlo fit? I`m assuming slim fit?

The fit to me is a bit funny. I'm usually a medium in most things I wear but the medium button ups at Uniqlo seem to have too much room, yet the small doesn't have enough room. Definitely go and try whatever you're looking at on, their hoodies and jackets fit different sometimes too.

In terms of leathers I still really like the Perfecto. Impossible to not look like a bad *** in this jacket
I'm eager to rock a biker jacket, man. Black jeans, with a gray scarf rocked around the neck :smile:

I took advantage of having a free day today. I felt like I got a good variety of colors and textures at J. Crew. I never really went shopping like this before, but I got a little bonus from work. What do you all think of the pieces? I know, the picture is TERRIBLE haha... low lighting + iPhone 3GS.

I took advantage of having a free day today. I felt like I got a good variety of colors and textures at J. Crew. I never really went shopping like this before, but I got a little bonus from work. What do you all think of the pieces? I know, the picture is TERRIBLE haha... low lighting + iPhone 3GS.
We have the same vest (upper left), and some of the same socks :lol:

The Henley and shirts look great. Not sure what color the pants are...I just hope not black.

Great stuff, my friend.

Back
Top Bottom