Dressing Better Vol 2.0

Here's some of the pics of the Nike lifestyle stuff I was talking about: http://www.styleforum.net/t/311835/nike-thread/2040#post_6264259

I really like how JCP is revamping its image...down to the simple name of "JCP". It's clearly coming at brands like H&M, and Zara and acknowledge that menswear is becoming popular among the younger crowd.

I do too but unfortunately not many feel the same way as we are considering how much their stock price has dropped. Apparently they have been attracting the younger consumer but their older consumers have been turned off by it. Unfortunately for them, that was a large part of their consumer base. They need to find a medium if not JCP is going to fall and fall hard.

JCP has been in big trouble for awhile. I remember reading when they got rid of their coupons and just automatically reduced the prices of their items, old people were furious and stopped shopping there. Collecting coupons was an important part of their shopping experience. Old people love that stuff.

The JCP in my mall is still doing decent. I'm in there browsing way more than I am in Sears. Sears sucks.

JCP has been in big trouble for awhile. I remember reading when they got rid of their coupons and just automatically reduced the prices of their items, old people were furious and stopped shopping there. Collecting coupons was an important part of their shopping experience. Old people love that stuff.

The JCP in my mall is still doing decent. I'm in there browsing way more than I am in Sears. Sears sucks.

Mine seems to be doing well too, frankly the foot traffic at least seems to be a lot higher than it was prior to the change but you're right coupons were a huge motivator for their old customer base. Even I, I liked looking for the coupons from them and when they had their fair and square pricing it sucked since you could find those items for less elsewhere if you waited.

Last edited:
I do too but unfortunately not many feel the same way as we are considering how much their stock price has dropped. Apparently they have been attracting the younger consumer but their older consumers have been turned off by it. Unfortunately for them, that was a large part of their consumer base. They need to find a medium if not JCP is going to fall and fall hard.
Nike was in the low 50s in the beginning of the year and now they're in the high 50s...

We will see, Serg. It's all about the long run after all. Retailers are struggling to survive. Barneys is an example. They're in deep water too. The company has been sold many times in the past and will probably be sold again soon.

Sears is close to going under as well. Except for appliances, I don't think anyone really buys anything else there much.

I monitor the stock market routinely and not many firms are doing well. Even the favored stocks by experts in Morningstar don't perform to the expectation. I'm only seeing minimal gains, if that. Like 1 or 2 percent above the average but most are lost so JCP is not by itself.

Last edited:
Just got done shining these. Thanks for the tips Pinoy. How'd I do?

We will see, Serg. It's all about the long run after all. Retailers are struggling to survive. Barneys is an example. They're in deep water too. The company has been sold many times in the past and will probably be sold again soon.

Sears is close to going under as well. Except for appliances, I don't think anyone really buys anything else there much.

I monitor the stock market routinely and not many firms are doing well. Even the favored stocks by experts in Morningstar don't perform to the expectation. I'm only seeing minimal gains, if that. Like 1 or 2 percent above the average but most are lost so JCP is not by itself.

I hope it survives as I really do like the new look JCP, frankly it went from being a store that I would just walk-through because it was right in the middle of the mall and made it just a good starting point. Since the change it's a store that I check every time I visit the mall as I really do like the collections that they have, classic menswear at an affordable price.

Any suggestions for some spring/summer footwear? I've got my Purcells and Flyknits so far.

Yo wanna shout out Pinoy for pointing me in the direction of some JCP oxfords the other week...

Wore them today and they were pretty comfy Sorry dont have pics of the outfit( hate taking pics right now).

But back to the shoes, they are really comfy and well worth 50 I paid ( got $10 off when I copped)...
My brother has a pair of cole Haan dress shoes with the "air" tech and says that these JCP "stafford" are almost as comfy. ( Idk about his opinion since I don't own cole those cole haans,
Anyways, good buy for someone who needs, inexpensive shoes fast... Way better than an "Aldo shoe"...
Don't know how long they'll last but I'm satisfied I guess with the one wear and I probably will only wear them two other times this year so it's whatever
Here's the shoe and link ( they have it in black too)

http://m.jcpenney.com/mobile/shoes/...e|&currentDim=Product+Type&currentDimVal=shoe
Glad I could help man :pimp:

Just got done shining these. Thanks for the tips Pinoy. How'd I do?
Not bad man. I prefer a more glossy shine but the shoe does look good. Definitely take a before pic next time to really highlight the change. What brand of polish did you use if you don't mind me asking?

Doesn't Sears own Land's End and LEC? That's the only reason I even visit my local Sears now.

But yeah everything else in that store besides maybe electronics and appliances seems pretty dull to me.

Not bad man. I prefer a more glossy shine but the shoe does look good. Definitely take a before pic next time to really highlight the change. What brand of polish did you use if you don't mind me asking?
Yeah next time ill take a before pic. I used neutral kiwi polish. I was afraid to use brown because i didn't want to darken the leather.

How do Flyknits size? With wide feet also....and where can I get them for under $200 
nerd.gif

Back
Top Bottom