Dressing Better Vol 2.0

Got mine in, for the $10 that I paid it gets the job done. The clasp JUST fits my OtterBox case too which is something I was worried about.

Definitely worth it, the only thing that bothers me is that the iPhone mount seems to get loose and wiggly, not sure if it's because my case is so heavy but I'm not worried about it. Some super glue will do the trick!

Where did you order it from?

Spring time in NJ:

Also got my Tie Bar order in (burgundy bow tie is a friend's):

Tying bow ties for the first time absolutely sucks! Ended up watching a couple tutorials and ended with this after about 30 minutes:

Good enough in my book :lol:

Adrian, the entire look is simply great but I love the shade of blue of the trousers. I have a pair in the same color but they are cords and a little too thick to pair with a khaki cotton blazer I feel, gotta find some trousers in that shade, nice man!

Got mine in, for the $10 that I paid it gets the job done. The clasp JUST fits my OtterBox case too which is something I was worried about.

Definitely worth it, the only thing that bothers me is that the iPhone mount seems to get loose and wiggly, not sure if it's because my case is so heavy but I'm not worried about it. Some super glue will do the trick!

Where did you order it from?

Amazon my brotha

Amazon product ASIN B007NFJN0I

Spring time in NJ:

what are the loafers?
Cole Haan Air Aiden
http://shop.nordstrom.com/s/cole-ha...ferralID=6d4c8ff3-a0ba-11e2-9dea-001b2166becc

Spring time in NJ:

Tying bow ties for the first time absolutely sucks! Ended up watching a couple tutorials and ended with this after about 30 minutes:

any comments on the quality of the Tie Bar ties?
I definitely can see what people are saying about it being decent. Quality is moderate but for the price, definitely worth it. Mind you, I only bought the knit tie and in comparison to my others (one from jcrew, one thrifted) its not as good. However, my JCrew retails for 3x the price, so for $15 it was definitely worth getting. As for their bow ties, I have never owned others so I cannot say. However, the silk does feel very good and I would think it is safe to say that it would mean that their normal silk ties use the same materials and are just as great. Overall, definitely worth ordering from them just buy multiple ties in your order to help offset the flat $5.99 shipping price.

Spring time in NJ:

Thats pretty good in 30 mins! :lol:

I remember the very first time I tried, I was stuck for about 45 minutes, arms cramping up and everything! :smh:
Thanks bro! I had the cramps going on too haha. You should see the wrinkles on my arms on my non-iron shirt. :lol:

Spring time in NJ:

Adrian, the entire look is simply great but I love the shade of blue of the trousers. I have a pair in the same color but they are cords and a little too thick to pair with a khaki cotton blazer I feel, gotta find some trousers in that shade, nice man!
Appreciate it Serg. I think I scooped these for around $20-25 as well due to whatever promotion they are running. Very comfortable and versatile but after wearing them all day, I'm gonna have to iron them up for the next time. The fit is also great OTR but my girl recently got into tailoring/alterations, so she's gonna hem these up just a tad for me. Now I got my own personal seamstress haha!

^ the best thing I did was honestly learn to hem my own stuff as that's what most of my alterations entail.
Yeah man, I remember you saying that earlier. That's great! I'm trying to pay attention to what she does so I can get it down pat myself lol. I be 'mirin.

It looks like a lot of us own newsboy caps. Let's start a newspaper route, dudes :pimp:

Today:

It looks like a lot of us own newsboy caps. Let's start a newspaper route, dudes :pimp:

Today:

:wow: That coat is crazy

How did you wear a coat today? It hit high 60s here today, I was sweating in khakis and a henley :lol:

tucking jeans into boots? (specifically timbs)

yay or nay?
If the jeans are slim enough then yay. It would probably need a 6.5 or 7" leg opening with decent length for a clean look.

:wow: That coat is crazy

How did you wear a coat today? It hit high 60s here today, I was sweating in khakis and a henley :lol:
It was in the low 70s today, but pretty cold in the morning. It actually rained when I left the house so I had to switch to beater BR Chukkas. It's a spring coat. It's cotton, and unlined, not that warming at all.

that coat is interesting Wis, definitely not my cup of tea though.
It's from Margiela, man :lol: What else can you expect. The aspect I really liked from the H&M collab line is that the pieces were actual reproductions. I knew it wouldn't sell so I waited until it went on sale for 50% off.

60s is like down jacket and gloves weather for him lol
:pimp: don't forget a beanie and scarf too! :lol:

Looking for a few good pair of chinos. Along the lines of what Pinot732 posted up there. $70 tops but if there are good ones for less, those are preferred.

Looking for a few good pair of chinos. Along the lines of what Pinot732 posted up there. $70 tops but if there are good ones for less, those are preferred.
Like stated by Unknown...try the 484 line if you're a slim dude. As always, never pay retail at J. Crew. Worst case, use your student ID for 15% off!

That looks great for OTR. May have to check that out in person.

Also, will probably ID a pair of Roshes this week. Gonna do a Yeezy colorway. Now it's just a matter of deciding what to ID on the heels. (I'm thinking my twitter/IG handle :lol:)

thanks bruh

Nice drivers

I think you need a third color

Like a white shirt and blue/floral tie/tiebar or white hanker chief or pin/brooch or brown belt or watch/bracelet

Just so you don't look like a block of khaki

you are absolutely correct, wanted to do a pocket square was in a rush. thanks for the advice bruh

The Claiborne suit looks great!

appreciate it

Hey, my dude, if you don't mind me asking how tall are you, and did you go with a regular length jacket or the long? I'm just trying to figure out which one I should order?

no problem bruh. I am 6'2" i got the regular. hope that helps

Yo, does anybody know if that J. Crew 25% off shorts/tees is stackable with the student disco?

High 70's to low 80's expected in the city today, wore the following, annoyed as hell that already two of my co-workers; male of course, are making their stupid commentary because I'm wearing a blazer and going sockless, crap like that gets annoying quickly. Anyhow:

http://dressingbetterforless.blogspot.com/2013/04/wdiwt4913.html

nice fit, i feel you though. i dont appreciate slick comments about how i choose to dress either

any way. last couple days weather been amazing in MD/DC, my beard and i had to hit the streets yesterday after work. 8)

Last edited:
Yo, does anybody know if that J. Crew 25% off shorts/tees is stackable with the student disco?
I think it should be, the discount on the shorts would be taken at register, and then letting them know you are a student should take the 15% off

nice fit, i feel you though. i dont appreciate slick comments about how i choose to dress either

any way. last couple days weather been amazing in MD/DC, my beard and i had to hit the streets yesterday after work.
glasses.gif
Rick Ross? 
laugh.gif
  Nice fit. What jeans are those? They look nice

Back
Top Bottom