Dressing Better Vol 2.0

I wouldn't have known that was gingham and I own a similar looking shirt. I always think of gingham having the alternating boxes of color like the picnic table patterns.
I agree, that does not look like gingham, still funny I guess

Any insight on Uniqlo fit compared to other brands? I am a slim fit M for the most part in J. Crew.....i also almost always hate the short sleeve button down look...but these florals are really good looking

I'm a S in both Uniqlo and J. Crew shirts. I'm more of a 37R in suit jackets, if that helps. Uniqlo has a detailed sizing guide as well.

Bros what is the consensus on showing cuff while wearing a suit jacket? I was hoping for between 1/2in and 3/4in. I just got my jacket back from the tailors and I show an inch of cuff. It might be too much for me.

Any insight on Uniqlo fit compared to other brands? I am a slim fit M for the most part in J. Crew.....i also almost always hate the short sleeve button down look...but these florals are really good looking

I'm a S in both Uniqlo and J. Crew shirts. I'm more of a 37R in suit jackets, if that helps. Uniqlo has a detailed sizing guide as well.

thanks man repped. I hate being my size im 6 foot and skinny. Large is always too big...but i have long arms..medium will fit perfectly in the body but arms are always short. I am a 40R in suit jackets.

I wouldn't have known that was gingham and I own a similar looking shirt. I always think of gingham having the alternating boxes of color like the picnic table patterns.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but this is a meme so I'm not all of the jokes will apply to the image of the gent directly. I was under the guise that it was making a menswear joke but I could be wrong. Funny, nonetheless.

Bros what is the consensus on showing cuff while wearing a suit jacket? I was hoping for between 1/2in and 3/4in. I just got my jacket back from the tailors and I show an inch of cuff. It might be too much for me.

When your arm is still, the jacket should be end right at your wristbone and your cuff should extend 0.5" below. In my humble opinion, one inch is wayyyyy to much. I would take it back to get that adjusted. Considering the fact that you paid for it to be tailored, it should be tailored to your liking.

Brooks Bros is holding 20% off right now including the new Gatsby collection for those interested. Ends tomorrow.

In regards to showing cuff with a jacket, I think 1/4" to 1/2" is fine. Anything more or less and I would ask to get the sleeves adjusted accordingly.

Personal preference. Some prefer no show. Anything up to an inch is ok. I think my Thom blazer shows about 1.5" since its cropped.

Good catch. It is definitely not gingham. I didn't even look at the shirt the first time around.

link or anything?

Hey paliplaya,
They're called Carvers by Hush Puppies. Not sure what the exact colorway of the ones I linked earlier if those are the ones you're specifically interested in, but they come in a variety of colors both suede and leather.

http://www1.macys.com/shop/product/...s?ID=717457&PseudoCat=se-xx-xx-xx.esn_results

Kind of feeling this olive pair personally.

Clarks has a similiar shoe. Seen it in Macys but didn't see it on their website

http://www.clarksusa.com/eng/product/sutter/63572

and not sure if mentioned but clae makes a similar shoe, the Powell

in multiple colors...i love their pictures...

Last edited:
Yeah I really like that fit Carlin....I have a pair of white jeans but I've only worn them probably twice :lol: afraid I'd spill something on em :smh:

Back
Top Bottom