Dressing Better Vol 2.0

Do any of you guys remember the way you were received by others once you started "dressing better"?

I used to believe I was able to put a decent outfit together and was pleased with it since I'd typically get good responses from folks. But by my current standards, I look back and
roll.gif
at myself.

Since I've been getting stuff that actually fits me and complements my physique this year, it's been
pimp.gif
x a hunnid.

Females: is that suit tailored? You look amazing... Why don't I ever see you around?

Fellas: That's a clean look man. I'm trying to be like you when I grow up.

I'll get the occasional "my man, those church pants shouldn't be that tight, plus your socks are showin'... where they do that at," but it's expected. For the most part the whole dressing better thing's been working for me. The biddies love it. My tailor swears I'm either very metro, or modeling. Neither of which are true.
laugh.gif

Good LOOK on the trucker jacket discount. Was about to buy from the store on 59th today but was hoping online had some kind of deal. Love this thread. Will rep when I can.

Dont know which color to get though, any opinions? Its either the "ghost" or "dark summit". Pretty sure dark summit is what I tried on in the store cause it was $88 in store. Thinking ghost may be more universal...opinions? Never had a denim jacket. Also should I size up to fit hoodies and whatnot underneath? I know its getting warmer, but for next fall.

Good LOOK on the trucker jacket discount. Was about to buy from the store on 59th today but was hoping online had some kind of deal. Love this thread. Will rep when I can.

Dont know which color to get though, any opinions? Its either the "ghost" or "dark summit". Pretty sure dark summit is what I tried on in the store cause it was $88 in store. Thinking ghost may be more universal...opinions? Never had a denim jacket. Also should I size up to fit hoodies and whatnot underneath? I know its getting warmer, but for next fall.

If you're talking about Levi's truckers I would say definitely size up if you want to layer. Last time I tried them on in store, I went with a large (usually wear medium in most shirts/jackets) and it fit me pretty snug with just a button up shirt and undershirt on. Can't remember if it was the slim trucker or not, but my guess is it probably was.

Anyone know where to get tees like this:

i think the term is scoop neck tee

Budget is ~50 max for a tee

Last edited:
If you're talking about Levi's truckers I would say definitely size up if you want to layer. Last time I tried them on in store, I went with a large (usually wear medium in most shirts/jackets) and it fit me pretty snug with just a button up shirt and undershirt on. Can't remember if it was the slim trucker or not, but my guess is it probably was.
Agreed. I wear a small in almost everything and I went with a medium on both the Levi's denim jacket and denim vest. They fit just like how a normal small does. A size small in the Levi's didn't even button for me.

I'm curious as well.

No problem man. Both Dark Summit and Ghost are really nice but I think I prefer Ghost between the two. If you go with the slim trucker definitely size up for layering

American Apparel has u neck/scoop neck tees. Probably the best ones for the price

Edit: http://store.americanapparel.net/product/index.jsp?productId=rsa6402

http://store.americanapparel.net/product/index.jsp?productId=rsavc402

http://store.americanapparel.net/product/index.jsp?productId=rsavc400r

Last edited:
Do any of you guys remember the way you were received by others once you started "dressing better"?

I used to believe I was able to put a decent outfit together and was pleased with it since I'd typically get good responses from folks. But by my current standards, I look back and :rofl: at myself.

Since I've been getting stuff that actually fits me and complements my physique this year, it's been :pimp: x a hunnid.

Females: is that suit tailored? You look amazing... Why don't I ever see you around?

I'll get the occasional "my man, those church pants shouldn't be that tight, plus your socks are showin'... where they do that at," but it's expected. For the most part the whole dressing better thing's been working for me. The biddies love it. My tailor swears I'm either very metro, or modeling. Neither of which are true. :lol:

It STILL happens to me. Case and point yesterday one of my co-workers who always has something to say all the time, no matter what I wear. It backfired on him when he tried to put me on the spot about how my "vest" looked in front of the entire staff by asking who likes the vest, when one of the females who is :pimp: rolled her eyes at him and said "Well I like the vest, I always like what he wears" in one of those really nice tones of voice.

It STILL happens to me. Case and point yesterday one of my co-workers who always has something to say all the time, no matter what I wear. It backfired on him when he tried to put me on the spot about how my "vest" looked in front of the entire staff by asking who likes the vest, when one of the females who is :pimp: rolled her eyes at him and said "Well I like the vest, I always like what he wears" in one of those really nice tones of voice.

:lol:

Obvious invitation is obvious.

I used to believe I was able to put a decent outfit together and was pleased with it since I'd typically get good responses from folks. But by my current standards, I look back and :rofl: at myself.

Since I've been getting stuff that actually fits me and complements my physique this year, it's been :pimp: x a hunnid.

I'll get the occasional "my man, those church pants shouldn't be that tight, plus your socks are showin'... where they do that at," but it's expected. For the most part the whole dressing better thing's been working for me. The biddies love it. My tailor swears I'm either very metro, or modeling. Neither of which are true. :lol:

I dont think I ever really had a problem with how I was received. But that may be because although I wear clothes that actually fit properly, I still always rock streetwear brands that I love and put together outfits that don't get my street card pulled :lol:

:lol:

Obvious invitation is obvious.

:smokin

Sounds like you should start paying less attention to that cornball hater in your office and pay a little more attention to the bad chick in your office. Looks like she just threw out the intial bait homie...do your thing :pimp:

Sounds like you should start paying less attention to that cornball hater in your office and pay a little more attention to the bad chick in your office. Looks like she just threw out the intial bait homie...do your thing :pimp:

Oh I don't pay attention to him anymore but it gets annoying for sure. Nah man, happily married here.

I think Serg is married, but yeah I wonder how that dude that always cracks comments dresses. Snap a few pics so we can laugh at him Serg :lol:

:lol: yep some of my boys tried to clown me when I wore slim chinos and a blazer thats tailored this past weekend, I just laugh and let it go....one of them has asked me about where I get certain things but women definitely take note of when you wear clothes that fit you well and tailored suits...the same times my boys try and crack jokes I've gotten compliments from multiple girls in our class on how I looked, just hit em with the "you mad bro?"

I really like most of those Uniqlo-Michael Bastian polos, hope they dont sell out quickly online once theyre released :smokin

Apparently they're 19.90 if true then several will be copped http://www.selectism.com/2013/04/18/uniqlo-michael-bastian-polo-shirt-collection-2013/

Last edited:
Oh I don't pay attention to him anymore but it gets annoying for sure. Nah man, happily married here.

I feel you man, you definetely don't want to disrupt your happy home. That explains why the chick is on you though, a well dressed, professional MARRIED man, yeah chicks especially at the workplace going to be on you like white on rice...stay strong bruh

I think Serg is married, but yeah I wonder how that dude that always cracks comments dresses. Snap a few pics so we can laugh at him Serg :lol:

He's a skinny dude who should be wearing slim fit but wears things about 2 sizes too big. It's to the point I know his shirt and tie combinations now. I won't do that though, too much at stake if he finds pictures online.

I feel you man, you definetely don't want to disrupt your happy home. That explains why the chick is on you though, a well dressed, professional MARRIED man, yeah chicks especially at the workplace going to be on you like white on rice...stay strong bruh

Oh yea the wedding band becomes a magnet, I think I've gotten more attention since I've gotten married, the dressing better helps too I'm sure lol.

Oh I forgot... for you guys who are interested in scoop neck tees, a cheap and effective method is to take a Hanes shirt and remove the stitching that connects the collar to the shirt. It makes a decent scoop neck and it won't destroy the shirt if you do it right

Oh I forgot... for you guys who are interested in scoop neck tees, a cheap and effective method is to take a Hanes shirt and remove the stitching that connects the collar to the shirt. It makes a decent scoop neck and it won't destroy the shirt if you do it right

Any example pics/tutorials of this? Sounds interesting. I've got a ton of hanes tees and would love to try it.

:rofl: Bro you are too stupid
Between myself and RFX, if you take the average it is the right about of camo-ness :pimp:

On the other hand, it's funny to me that when folks catch you off guard in a t shirt and jeans, they think you're slipping :lol:

Back
Top Bottom