Dressing Better Vol 2.0

Ok guys I need help... I been dressing casual you know j crew dress shirts, chinos, db's, jack purcells and what not. But I want to start putting more formal stuff in my closet and I was wondering if y'all could guide me on where should I start. I been looking into some cole han shoes but that's about it so far...

Any help? Thanks

Ok guys I need help... I been dressing casual you know j crew dress shirts, chinos, db's, jack purcells and what not. But I want to start putting more formal stuff in my closet and I was wondering if y'all could guide me on where should I start. I been looking into some cole han shoes but that's about it so far...
Any help? Thanks
Invest in somemore J crew. The suits are AMAZING. Also try thirfting. mug mug shun

I was wondering if anybody could help me. I cleaned My black clark desert boots with suede cleaner from footlocker (yes i know SMFH at me) and it has a weird grey/dried up look ashy if you will. Where i brushed it with the product on top of the boots its pretty visible is there any way to fix that??? Thanks .

you might wanna look into re-dyeing them. use fiebing's suede and roughout dye

http://www.shoecaresupplies.com/product_p/fiebings-suede.htm

Last edited:
Lol, well I'm just heading to Vegas and I wanted to throw something together real quick with navy pants. And it's gonna be pretty hot so I don't think I'll be bringing a coat or jacket with me.

In the old thread, someone here posted a pic of himself in vegas and it was a simple trouser with white shirt with rolled up sleeves and open collar and it looked great. I say go with that.

Any help? Thanks
Invest in somemore J crew. The suits are AMAZING. Also try thirfting. mug mug shun
I say start with a well tailored navy suit and a nice pair of shoes. What is your budget?

The balls to do this, I lack:

Some tweeds I got in this week:

tumblr_mabs53iTzx1rux7jzo1_500.jpg

That's what I was thinking, a dark navy suit... Idk 7-8 bills for the suit, I want that ish to fit perfect.
7-800 will get you a fully canvassed MTM suit, man. Also, I wouldn't go with a too dark of a navy. I would opt for a true navy or air force navy rather than midnight navy which looks almost black.

That's what I was thinking, a dark navy suit... Idk 7-8 bills for the suit, I want that ish to fit perfect.

whats your built???....the ludlow is such a nice suit and it wont break the bank....if its your first suit, most definitely go for navy, its the most versatile color you can get....after that slowly build on other colors, im on my 4th suit....the good thing about suits is that even though your lifestyle doesn't demand it, whenever you do dress up as long as you change up the shirt, shoes, tie 4 suits can literally get you through your life just fine....at least imo...this is my navy ludlow, ignore the kicks....i was just fooling around trying different things.

7075234619_4d00cced66_b.jpg

7-800 will get you a fully canvassed MTM suit, man. Also, I wouldn't go with a too dark of a navy. I would opt for a true navy or air force navy rather than midnight navy which looks almost black.

Well since this would be my first suit I wouldn't know where would be the best place to get one. I guess I'm going to have to do my research, any ideas?

whats your built???....the ludlow is such a nice suit and it wont break the bank....if its your first suit, most definitely go for navy, its the most versatile color you can get....after that slowly build on other colors, im on my 4th suit....the good thing about suits is that even though your lifestyle doesn't demand it, whenever you do dress up as long as you change up the shirt, shoes, tie 4 suits can literally get you through your life just fine....at least imo...this is my navy ludlow, ignore the kicks....i was just fooling around trying different things.

Yo...didn't you make a comment about dude's tie & tie clip a couple pages ago? :rolleyes

what material is this, steezy? im in the market for a navy ludlow.

Last edited:
Yo...didn't you make a comment about dude's tie & tie clip a couple pages ago? :rolleyes

aside from the tie clip being a bit big for the width of the tie, i don't see whats wrong with it.....keep in mind the second picture im leaning over, the first picture gives you a true angle and position as well as length on the tie....so help me out.

5'10" 175(I'm on my bulk atm :tongue: ) I had been looking at the ludlow, I'll probably would still have to get it tailored right? I mean that's no big deal

5'10" 175(I'm on my bulk atm :tongue: ) I had been looking at the ludlow, I'll probably would still have to get it tailored right? I mean that's no big deal

probably just the pants, im 5'8 160lbs, but im not very muscular and don't have really broad shoulder, the jacket i never had to touch, the pants i got tapered and hemmed.

Well I have broad shoulders and I've always had problems with my shirts being a tad bit long on the sleeves, Well why would it be best the regular or the slim fitting pants?

that depends on how big your thighs are, judging by your measurements, im gonna assume you'll be ok with a slim fit, although it also depends on how slim you like your clothes to fit you...your best bet is walking into a store and trying them on bro...and know you can always get pants tapered.

this one is wool, but they have many different materials if you visit their site.

i was looking at the materials on their website. is there some kind of etiquette for what type of material you should wear?

i can't really tell the difference between the wools and the italian chino seems to be the cheaper of the bunch. is the wool that much better in quality and durability?

im not necessarily on a budget, but the price difference is fairly large.

i was looking at the materials on their website. is there some kind of etiquette for what type of material you should wear?
i can't really tell the difference between the wools and the italian chino seems to be the cheaper of the bunch. is the wool that much better in quality and durability?
im not necessarily on a budget, but the price difference is fairly large.

it all depends on the time of year really....im no suit expert but i believe the italian-wool ludlow was intended to be an all year round type of suit, can be worn in the winter as well as the summer, so it makes sense why it would be more pricey, the italian chino is lighter and intended for the summer, also i believe the chino will wrinkle very easy as opposed to the italian wool, which vie worn all day and by the end of the day i can hang it right back up without a wrinkle....once again im no expert on the matter so perhaps someone can chime in and give a better description.

Lands end has some pretty nice shorts for a low price, but so does targets merona brand. 10-15 bucks isn't too shabby and they last a while.
Btw Bonobos has a 25% discount if you use a .edu email, and 15% every time you order there, but its bonobos and they are pretty overpriced

Back
Top Bottom