Dressing Better Vol 2.0

Long time lurker and fan of this thread.  I've stolen a lot of ideas from a lot of you.  Sorry about the horrible pictures.  I'm not the greatest with lighting, angles and all that good stuff. 

Critiques are welcome.
Welcome! The first jacket looks too small for you. I can see the fabric pulling by the buttons. The tweet jacket looks super nice though.
Thanks for the feedback!  It's actually the same jacket in all of the pictures.  Yeah, I put on about 15 pounds in the last couple of months and it all went to my gut.  It should be a better fit in a couple months, I hope. 

M O N O C H R O M E
Not for everyone but it might be a good option to some. It's tends to be more simple since it usually involves 1 or two colors or shades of colors, depending how you look at it.
Plus I think the last pic is worth a post. :D

Anyone know the sizing on the Dockers D1 trousers? I can't seem to find it anyhwere

Dockers D1s have a weird fit... I tried on a pair size 33 and they were way too tight. I could barely button them actually, and I wear 33 in just about everything. Of course this is just how they fit me and it may be different for someone else. :smile:

i'd say size up, but keep in mind this might make your seat/thighs baggy. Best thing to do is to just try them on... you can find them just about anywhere

Since we've been discussing Cartier bracelets and such..

Anyone know where I can scoop a Goyard wallet and/or card holder online?

+1 That first jacket is definitely too small on you. Would you mind posting a picture where we can see that tweed jacket in full?

I love the wrist wear man
pimp.gif
Hello,

The first pic is actually the tweed jacket, just horrible lighting on my part.  Yes, the jacket definitely fits snug around my waist right now.  Hopefully losing the holiday weight will solve that problem. 

One issue that I do run into constantly with blazers is the fit of the shoulders.  I really seem to be between sizes.  44R is too tight and 46R are just too large.  Do you, or any one else, know of brands that have a little more room in the shoulders off the rack or is buying the 46 and bringing it to the tailor to get expensive alterations done my only option? 

Thank you.

Dockers D1s have a weird fit... I tried on a pair size 33 and they were way too tight. I could barely button them actually, and I wear 33 in just about everything. Of course this is just how they fit me and it may be different for someone else. :smile:

i'd say size up, but keep in mind this might make your seat/thighs baggy. Best thing to do is to just try them on... you can find them just about anywhere

Can't try them on because no department store around here carries them. I just noticed they were on sale on Nordstrom and thought about grabbing a pair. I'm either a 34 or 36 in most pants.

Since we've been discussing Cartier bracelets and such..

Anyone know where I can scoop a Goyard wallet and/or card holder online?

i dont think there are any authentic online retailers. Goyard is literally sold at only like a handful of places across the world

Dockers D1s have a weird fit... I tried on a pair size 33 and they were way too tight. I could barely button them actually, and I wear 33 in just about everything. Of course this is just how they fit me and it may be different for someone else.
smile.gif

Can't try them on because no department store around here carries them. I just noticed they were on sale on Nordstrom and thought about grabbing a pair. I'm either a 34 or 36 in most pants.
I would go with the larger size.  I'm normally a 34 but had to size up on both D1 and Alpha for Dockers.  And it's Nordstroms.  Shipping is free and you can easily return at any B&M. 

ill probably be heading to Vegas in the summer....ill be putting this 100$ suit to work out there :lol:

seersucker pattern i actually like.

Last edited:
+1 That first jacket is definitely too small on you. Would you mind posting a picture where we can see that tweed jacket in full?

I love the wrist wear man :pimp:
Hello,

The first pic is actually the tweed jacket, just horrible lighting on my part.  Yes, the jacket definitely fits snug around my waist right now.  Hopefully losing the holiday weight will solve that problem. 

One issue that I do run into constantly with blazers is the fit of the shoulders.  I really seem to be between sizes.  44R is too tight and 46R are just too large.  Do you, or any one else, know of brands that have a little more room in the shoulders off the rack or is buying the 46 and bringing it to the tailor to get expensive alterations done my only option? 

Thank you.

Well.. if it's too large in the shoulders to begin with you're kinda SOL. However, if it fits well in the shoulders then you should get it altered.
If not, the best thing to do would be to get the 44R and alter it. :smile:

As far as a brand that have more room in the shoulders.. well that's hard to say because it all depends on what kind of suit you want (slim,regular) and your body type. You'd just have to go around and try things on yourself. However, bottom line is that all of your suits should be altered anyway, they rarely fit perfect off the rack. (Unless you're Pinoy who has amazing luck) :lol:

Last edited:
Looking good, K. That should be real good in Vegas...hopefully you'll be wearing them with suede or nubucks with no socks :smile:

Today:

thanks Wisith!

bro any chance you can share some info about how you got your blog going, how much did you spend?....i want to really start blogging, but i want something that will allow me to post large enough pictures...

thanks Wisith!

bro any chance you can share some info about how you got your blog going, how much did you spend?....i want to really start blogging, but i want something that will allow me to post large enough pictures...
Hey K...Tumblr is free so initially it cost $0.00. It started as a joke because my coworker and I would walk around and she would take pics of me with the iPhone. I then realize that the digital camera placed at a proper height object can take some decent pictures..and that was the start of my WAYWT pictures. It's a fun hobby, and more than anything...it's more of a tool for me to recall how/if my style changes or remains the same throughout time. I only have 273 followers so I'm far from being popular. I would probably have a lot more if I just reblog random pictures.

I'm thinking of moving to Wordpress or another platform though, but we will see. As you stated, the pictures are resized....my actual pictures are larger than the images shown on the boxes. And there is a max of 10 images per post on Tumblr.

But to add costs for everything....I bought two themes...I think one was $20, and the other was $10.

I was using an old Canon point and shoot that was 3 years old or so and upgraded to a Canon S100...that was about $500

I spent maybe $30 on the bracelets I recently gave away on Tumblr......so $560 total.

My blog is relatively new though, less than a year. There are some other SF members with 3-4 years old blogs and it's really cool to go back through the years and see how their style changes. Sometimes the changes are so minute, you wouldn't be able to tell just looking at the pictures on a daily basis.

Last edited:
thing is i use wordpress with a prophoto theme for photography....i dont want to mess up my phoptography blog by running another prophoto blog..

Use pomade, it doesn't make the hair hard like gel does. As TypeR said, American Fiber is a decent brand, they also have different types on how much hold you need and how much shine, I prefer matte myself, no shine. I use Kiehls creative creme wax or the molding paste. I'm pretty happy with it.
http://www.kiehls.com/Malleable-Molding-Paste/506,default,pd.html?start=5&cgid=hair-styling-aids

http://www.kiehls.com/Creative-Cream-Wax/500,default,pd.html?start=6&cgid=hair-styling-aids

You use both, dude?

thing is i use wordpress with a prophoto theme for photography....i dont want to mess up my phoptography blog by running another prophoto blog..

Is it possible to have two Wordpress blogs to separate your blogs? Eventually, I want to create my own site with links to my blogs...just need to read on how to do it :lol:

Why don't you just choose a different theme for your personal blog then? It doesn't have to be the same one..

Is it possible to have two Wordpress blogs to separate your blogs? Eventually, I want to create my own site with links to my blogs...just need to read on how to do it :lol:

I can help if you have questions, I studied Comp. Sci. 8)

Back
Top Bottom