Dressing Better Vol 2.0

Man, I need names in Instagram to go with the screen names :lol:

Omarion should've been on the stage dancing, battling against himself!

Haha, yeah man. My name is Joe. I'm on Twitter and Instagram @JL4nd.

Rozay's table was crazy, he had Wale, Stalley, and Meek Mill up there with him along with his entourage going stupid with the bottles. What a crazy night :lol:

Man, I need names in Instagram to go with the screen names :lol:

Omarion should've been on the stage dancing, battling against himself!

Haha, yeah man. My name is Joe. I'm on Twitter and Instagram @JL4nd.

Rozay's table was crazy, he had Wale, Stalley, and Meek Mill up there with him along with his entourage going stupid with the bottles. What a crazy night :lol:

:smokin That sounds awesome man, nice fit too with the camo pants/blazer...I'm hoping my boys go out here in ATL this weekend and I could see some people out :lol:

If any of you bros come across any deals on timex weekenders please post it. I need 5, for my groomsmen.

Has anyone purchased from Ben Sherman before? I'm about to purchase the Nylon Harrington in small but have some concerns on fitment. I'm 5'10 and 140lbs.

Any insight would be appreciated, thanks!

It should fit you nicely, G. I'm 5'9'' at 155-160 lbs, and a small is good for me, except a bit snug around the arms.

Thanks bro. Copped!

Btw, what is the "Harrington" referring to? I always thought it was a jacket style, but it's referred to as a Harrington bomber jacket so now I am confused.

Hey fellas,

So I was finally able to pick up a pair of the SWIMS Wavefront loafers in my size. My issue is I dont know what to wear with them. Looking for some suggestions for a nice outfit to wear for my b-day next weekend.! FINALLY 21! Im looking for really nice slacks and a polo or button up shirt. Thanks!

Here are what the loafers look like.

and 

Got a question about cleaning.

I have* a varsity jacket from H&M, the sleeves are faux leather and the chest is I think wool? Do I have to take it to the dry cleaners to get it washed?

Last edited:
Today:
http://dressingbetterforless.blogspot.com/2013/03/wdiwt21113.html
I'm really looking forward to getting my pair of Meermin's Double Monks, if they are as impressive in person as they are in pictures I will be ordering another pair likely some oxfords if so. For the price, you can't go wrong.
What size are you in trousers? (Waist and Inseam) The first thing is to really find a place that carries your size, second is finding a good tailor. There is a good chance you're not going to find exactly what you're looking for off-the-rack, but assuming things fit at the waist and thighs with trousers a tailor can take care of the rest. Same with shirts, make sure the shoulders fit, get a tailor to fix the rest. Start with basics, which depending where you live will vary the fabric you want to get so I'll just stick to colors:

Invest in at least 3 trousers and one well fitting pair of dark denim. In regards to the trousers stick to the basics navy, gray, and khaki; I'd even go with a navy suit since you can use the trousers and jacket as separates; again you'll likely have to get things tailored. Shirts: 1 white/navy mini-check, 1 white spread collar, 1 white button down collar, 1 light blue shirt, 1 of your choice but make sure it's something you can mix up with the 3 trousers, like a white/light purple mini-check or white/black or white/gray. Regarding shoes, one brown and black pair of wingtips or cap-toes.
Thanks for the feedback, I'll be going out this weekend and try to find some of these things. Where I live in FL there aren't many tailors in my area. I'll be hitting up Orlando and other major cities. One thing I really hate is that jeans like Levi's don't come fitted to my size. They are all pretty baggy, I know it has to do with my size (46) and the fact that I'm tall doesn't help. I've googled online tailors and the prices are reasonable. I did find a really nice 2 pairs of corduroy pants (one black, and one dark khaki) that fit really well.

Just got back from a weekend down in Miami. Liv is crazy! We got a table two nights in a row right next to the main floor and ran into this guy last night:

Also, one of my outfits from the weekend:

super dope fit.

Hornet: I really like the outfit with the camo pants, bro. Lebron looks mad scary :lol:

This daytime thing is messing up my pictures. One more hour would've been a lot better for the lighting :frown:

Today:

In the mail:

damn i was trying to decide on what my next suit would be. you stamped it, khaki it is :smokin. real clean

Hey fellas,

So I was finally able to pick up a pair of the SWIMS Wavefront loafers in my size. My issue is I dont know what to wear with them. Looking for some suggestions for a nice outfit to wear for my b-day next weekend.! FINALLY 21! Im looking for really nice slacks and a polo or button up shirt. Thanks!

Here are what the loafers look like.
and 

the big 21, legal turn up time :pimp:! whats your budget like homie? i would go with a gaudy look, all over print gucci polo with grey slacks and those swims

Last edited:
Thanks bro. Copped!

Btw, what is the "Harrington" referring to? I always thought it was a jacket style, but it's referred to as a Harrington bomber jacket so now I am confused.
You are right. Harrington is a style of jacket. It's pretty big in the UK. Not sure about Harrington bomber jacket myself.

Got a question about cleaning.

I have* a varsity jacket from H&M, the sleeves are faux leather and the chest is I think wool? Do I have to take it to the dry cleaners to get it washed?
I would read the label. Dry cleaning sounds like the only way tho. I'd never out it in the washer at home.

Just got back from a weekend down in Miami. Liv is crazy! We got a table two nights in a row right next to the main floor and ran into this guy last night:

Also, one of my outfits from the weekend:
Damn I lived in Miami all my life and I have yet to hit up LIV smh lol

Great fit, info on the blazer?

anyone know where to get some olive slim fit chinos with a slight taper that can be worn casualy? Not interested in Dockers it seems like everybody at GSU has a pair. was thinking about epaulette but heard they shrink length wise after washing. Price range is under 250. I'm 6'3 190 so i want slim but not skinny. any help is appreciated

anyone know where to get some olive slim fit chinos with a slight taper that can be worn casualy? Not interested in Dockers it seems like everybody at GSU has a pair. was thinking about epaulette but heard they shrink length wise after washing. Price range is under 250. I'm 6'3 190 so i want slim but not skinny. any help is appreciated

The Epaulets look nice, why not just wash and air dry?

Best thread on NT. I've posted a few times but never really introduced myself. A short bio of myself, I'm 27, grew up in the Bay Area and now living in NYC, have a degree in Economics but back in school part time at FIT and on a path to be a buyer in the fashion industry. I hope to post more often here.

I was wondering if there's an "official" DB hashtag for IG/Twitter/Tumblr when you post your outfit or latest pickup, so we can all search that hashtag for some style inspiration.

Me and my pug, Louis, this past weekend.

Best thread on NT. I've posted a few times but never really introduced myself. A short bio of myself, I'm 27, grew up in the Bay Area and now living in NYC, have a degree in Economics but back in school part time at FIT and on a path to be a buyer in the fashion industry. I hope to post more often here.

I was wondering if there's an "official" DB hashtag for IG/Twitter/Tumblr when you post your outfit or latest pickup, so we can all search that hashtag for some style inspiration.

welcome fame, :smh: i should have got the jcp jacket in more colors. fit is on point

For olive slim fit chinos, try Uniqlo if you're not looking to spend too much.

came in to post this. their stuff fits great.

Welcome man, always great to have some fresh faces...clean fit too and cool dog :lol:

How does one become a buyer?

Back
Top Bottom