Dressing Better Vol 2.0

Jos A Bank has one of their better sales going on right now. Its a buy one 50% off, get one free. I got a Joseph 3piece suit and a Signature for $500. I went with the Signature because they didnt have any more Josephs in my size.
Return if you can. They always have these sales running and the suits are normally choppa-esque. Likely will require a mess load of tailoring to get it the way you want. All that work, you are better off hitting up express or jcrew factory.

They fit me fine because I have an athletic build. I dont think of them as choppa suits. Thanks for the advice though, Ill check out Express and J Crew in the future.
If they work then by all means man. Feel free to post up some pics. There's some other athletically built gentlemen in here who might be able to benefit from the sale as well.

Feeling this camel belted trench:

I abhor epaulettes but a trench w/o them just looks weird to me. Either way, gonna check it out later today.

I'm a little too "brolic" for j. crew, and I've checked BR with no success. Any other suggestions gais?
How big are you? I'm 6' 225 right now and the Ludlow fits me well along with a couple of BR tailored slim.
hey i got a couple inches on you but i'm around the same weight, did you get your regular suit size with the ludlow/br? we have a br here but no jcrew so i'm curious about what size i should get come black friday. 

I suggest trying it on in store if possible. I'm a 44/R. Perfect OTR withe the exception of the sleeves. Had to shorten them a bit.

I suggest trying it on in store if possible. I'm a 44/R. Perfect OTR withe the exception of the sleeves. Had to shorten them a bit.
word i'm usually a 44/l i'll have to take some time to drive up to br, i promised my girl i wouldn't buy any clothes for october, but black friday i'm going hamhocks 

Damb I think someone down voted the crap out of me with mock emails, how I went from 40 ratings @ 81% to 107 ratings @ 26% over night!?....lol the hate is strong out there...

i don't like wide ties so we'll see, the only ties i have that aren't 2.5" are ones i stole out my dad's closet last time i was at my parents. if i'm not feeling the lapels i'll find out come wed on my day off. 

This is suit I ended up getting.

In a 42R.

From express. *shrugs*

Once I get the sleeves and pants altered I'll post pics.

Which shoes should I wear?

I'm thinking a brown pair right?

Anybody have suggestions? It's for a wedding I'm going to in two weeks

Last edited:

This is suit I ended up getting.

In a 42R.

From express. *shrugs*

Once I get the sleeves and pants altered I'll post pics.

Which shoes should I wear?

I'm thinking a brown pair right?

Anybody have suggestions? It's for a wedding I'm going to in two weeks

A pair of walnut-colored shoes would be so :pimp: with this suit.

White pocket square :smokin

I'm a little too "brolic" for j. crew, and I've checked BR with no success. Any other suggestions gais?

How big are you? I'm 6' 225 right now and the Ludlow fits me well along with a couple of BR tailored slim.

Wow, you can fit those flat front slim suits at your size.

I cant wear flat front pants at 5-10,5-11 and 170 pounds. My thighs are too big from squats and deadlifts. With the size of my thighs, pleated pants look almost like flat fronts.

Back
Top Bottom