Dressing Better Vol 2.0

Appreciate the replies. Would I be better of going with a 7 on AE's (Cliftons specifically) if I normally wear an 8 in Cole Haans? I tried on the larchmont the other day in a 7 and it fits pretty good.

Have you seen any good sales for clothes or shoes

Not yet but I have a pretty good idea of what to expect come Friday. I did buy another pair of Common Projects from Oki-Ni for 20% off + VAT off and free shipping this morning, but I wouldn't consider that to be a Black Friday sale.

Man... I'm still looking for one :lol:

I'm digging this W+H fishtail, personally...

The current 30% off J.Crew sale applies to Ludlow items. I would suggest acting fast before they change that like they did with the INSTYLE25 promotion.

I was in J Crew factory the other day and everything was 40% off and Gap factory was 50% off everything. 

Any of you guys mess with JackThreads? I got some cheap boots off there the other day.

I use JackThreads. Got both of my Members' Only jackets and some good shirts from there. Some of the stuff isn't as cheap as if you check other places, so just do your research before you buy.

So what are you, the last Member?

Not yet but I have a pretty good idea of what to expect come Friday. I did buy another pair of Common Projects from Oki-Ni for 20% off + VAT off and free shipping this morning, but I wouldn't consider that to be a Black Friday sale.
I'm digging this W+H fishtail, personally...

Found that too. Bookmarking this hoping it will drop in price by the end of winter.

Last edited:
The current 30% off J.Crew sale applies to Ludlow items. I would suggest acting fast before they change that like they did with the INSTYLE25 promotion.

Damn, holiday doesn't work on Alden's. Been waiting for a code that works for a while. Oh well, I refuse to pay retail lol. I'll wait it out.

Damn, holiday doesn't work on Alden's. Been waiting for a code that works for a while. Oh well, I refuse to pay retail lol. I'll wait it out.

Yeah you gotta be patient and wait for a code with no exclusions to pop up. It'll def be posted in here and other forums.

Appreciate the replies. Would I be better of going with a 7 on AE's (Cliftons specifically) if I normally wear an 8 in Cole Haans? I tried on the larchmont the other day in a 7 and it fits pretty good.

Allen Edmonds shoes run on different lasts. Larchmonts are on a 3 last and I believe Clifton's are on a 2, so depending on the last, your foot might fit each last differently.

I just need to realize that where I'm at right now I don't really need anything lol. Anything I could buy is just excess.

I don't know if it's good or bad that I haven't gotten my check yet and can't go crazy for these sales. I buy too much stuff throughout the year anyway. Need to chill out on clothes and get a tv, computer, and furniture.

Fellas I need some assistance, I bought a RL peacoat (never had one before) in a 44L I'm 6'3 210 and It feels good but looks big, are pea coats generally oversized? I'm thinking to try a size down or to tailor it and maybe bring it in a bit, not sure if its supposed to be "fitted" though… pics for reference… it was $87 during a Macys sale fyi, good buy.

Last edited:
I had that Lauren by Ralph Lauren coat and returned it super fast. Fits much larger than the academy pea coat.

Back
Top Bottom