Dressing Better Vol 2.0

$400 purchase at Jcrew....what have I done....

All of the stuff is for me too...:smh:

You have a jcrew card? It'd be good to rack up rewards points when you spend that much. Their rewards system sucks though. You have to spend $1000 to get like a $20 coupon. I'm 300 away.

I asked this question a couple weeks back, but didn't get that many responses.

Does anyone know where I can get a nice pair of leather gloves with thinsulate inner lining? I'd also like the gloves to be touch screen compatible.

These would've been perfect if they were touch screen compatible.

There's no way I'm paying $88-68 bucks for gloves. Not unless they're made of real leather from grass feed cows.

Last edited:
JCREW aficionados, need some help on sizing in terms of the merino crew sweaters. If I wear size small in the regular fit crew neck sweaters, what size would I be in the slim fit version? Should I size up? Would like to take advantage of the extra40 they have going on.

Thanks for the help.
it should be the same size...but it's best just to buy both sizes (since it's free shipping) and return the one that you don't like (fit) in store. just make sure the item is't mark FINAL SALE

for me, the slim sweaters and shirts were the same size. for the tees, I had to go a size up. BUT i do like my sweaters and shirts more fitting than my trees.

Last edited:
Heads up to the Alpha khaki fiends. TJM has the mother load.

Nice. I didn't see any at my local TJ Maxx but the Urban Outfitters near me had Alphas for $10-20 on clearance in a few select (mostly camo) colors.

Still think these are the most bang for your buck pants in terms of casual/business casual wear. I just bought my 10th pair I believe.

Nice. I didn't see any at my local TJ Maxx but the Urban Outfitters near me had Alphas for $10-20 on clearance in a few select (mostly camo) colors.

Still think these are the most bang for your buck pants in terms of casual/business casual wear. I just bought my 10th pair I believe.

$10? Thats robbery. I didn't know there were alpha cords but they also had those and alpha slims too.

Nice! How much?

Urban Outfitters for $10-20 is a great deal too. I need to check both spots. I'm still in love with these things.

$20-$25. $25 for cords and camo. By the way the pair to the far left is this pair. Buttons for braces in the waistband, blackwatch pocket lining, and peep the rear waist adjusters (?).

8)

$400 purchase at Jcrew....what have I done....

All of the stuff is for me too...:smh:

You have a jcrew card? It'd be good to rack up rewards points when you spend that much. Their rewards system sucks though. You have to spend $1000 to get like a $20 coupon. I'm 300 away.

I actually just thought about that after I made the purchase...I've been meaning to do it too.

Its $25 for every $500 you spend.

Bros,

I have quite the issue. I've had my RL Academy peacoat for a couple of years now and all of this time, a section of the right lapel is curved outwards and it won't lay flat one bit. I tried resting weight on it overnight, I tried steaming it....nada....anyone have experience with this and somehow resolved it?

Thanks in advance.

Bros,

I have quite the issue. I've had my RL Academy peacoat for a couple of years now and all of this time, a section of the right lapel is curved outwards and it won't lay flat one bit. I tried resting weight on it overnight, I tried steaming it....nada....anyone have experience with this and somehow resolved it?

Thanks in advance.

I have the same issue, but with the left lapel.

I've tried everything I could. I even took it to the dry cleaners and they couldn't do anything for it. I've accepted this is how it's going to be now and it's part of the coat's personality.

Doesn't make it look any less fly though :pimp:

IMO the RL Academy Peacoat is the best peacoat in the market. Even better than the Burberry Britt one that looks VERY similar.

Last edited:
it should be the same size...but it's best just to buy both sizes (since it's free shipping) and return the one that you don't like (fit) in store. just make sure the item is't mark FINAL SALE

for me, the slim sweaters and shirts were the same size. for the tees, I had to go a size up. BUT i do like my sweaters and shirts more fitting than my trees.

Thanks for the help. I found that the slim shirts were definitely slimmer than their regular fit so was wondering if it was the same for the sweaters. Didn't know you could return in store.

I asked this question a couple weeks back, but didn't get that many responses.

Does anyone know where I can get a nice pair of leather gloves with thinsulate inner lining? I'd also like the gloves to be touch screen compatible.

These would've been perfect if they were touch screen compatible.

There's no way I'm paying $88-68 bucks for gloves. Not unless they're made of real leather from grass feed cows.
$20 bucks at your local target, leather with thinsulate, touchscreen compatible index and thumb, i too don't like spending much on accessories as i often lose them. 

JCREW aficionados, need some help on sizing in terms of the merino crew sweaters. If I wear size small in the regular fit crew neck sweaters, what size would I be in the slim fit version? Should I size up? Would like to take advantage of the extra40 they have going on.

Thanks for the help.
Like stated I think small would be good for you. I have a good amount of stuff from J. Crew and I'm always a small in everything.

YO NT

Topman.com is having a crazy sale on their shoes/boots online. Free shipping and free returns. A lot of their shoes are more than 50% off. Great quality too. Check em out! Copped some white boots

Dope pickup eyeseesoles, finally huh

Executive- Dope closet set up

Shady- Damn hope that doesn't happen to my Academy, sounds annoying..

Wow that closet looks great man. Were you the guy asking for ways to hang pants a little bit ago? I remember suggesting the pants hangers and you were upset you didn't think about that before you finished designing your closet (if it was you). The pants set up is fine the way it turned it out. If you want to hang them with the pants hangers though you could maybe remove the middle shelf in the pants section and hand them all from the top part. Just a suggestion but I'd leave it how it is honestly, came out amazing!

If anyone in the NY area wants to meet up tomorrow please feel free to PM me.

I will be heading to fat Buddha bar tomorrow night to celebrate my birthday with a couple other DBNTers. Also will be just around the city throughout the day. Feel free to come chill and TU
:pimp:

Back
Top Bottom