Dressing Better Vol 2.0

Can anyone recommend me a light grey suit, similiar to the one Daniel Craig wore in Skyfall?

Budget is around $500 - $600.  I tried out Indochino (costed aorund $500).  Got my suit a few days ago and was not impressed with the Quality or fit.  Ended up returning it.

I'm a 36S
If you have a banana republic outlet near year, definitely stop in and see what they have. I got a grey suit similar to that for less than $200. They have a slim fit option and a classic fit option. The slim fit is really tight in the pants, but my jacket still needed alteration.  Take it, I wear a 42R and have a size 30 waist, so all my jackets have to be tailored. 

Can anyone recommend me a light grey suit, similiar to the one Daniel Craig wore in Skyfall?

Budget is around $500 - $600.  I tried out Indochino (costed aorund $500).  Got my suit a few days ago and was not impressed with the Quality or fit.  Ended up returning it.

I'm a 36S

Suit Supply might be a good option for you especially considering your size. Suit Supply suits are half canvassed with very few exceptions.

If you are willing to spend another $39 above your budget this seems like a good option (granted alterations might push it over $700) Link here

or

This one is $469 and also from Suit Supply, Link Here

Last edited:
If you're going to spend up to 600 on a suit, I'd go with a Ralph Lauren or a DKNY over Suit Supply. Not a fan of what they have to offer.

If you're going to spend up to 600 on a suit, I'd go with a Ralph Lauren or a DKNY over Suit Supply. Not a fan of what they have to offer.

At $600, in my opinion go for a half canvassed suit at least. I'm not sure if RL or DKNY is Half-canvassed or fused at that price point.

To the OP:

The other option if you can afford to wait 3-4 weeks for it is going the Thick As Thieves route. Their website isn't great but they produce really great suits. Most of the suits you see Wis (wj4) and Adrian (Pinoy732) are made by them. You have to measure yourself or if you are in LA they will measure you. I believe they start at $480 and max out at about $600. Best part they are fully canvassed suits. It is extremely difficult to find fully canvassed suits at that price. Although you may have through look through a few of their pages here just on their first page along I saw variations of light grey. I'm sure you can find a gray option that can fit what you want.

What's everyone wearing for NYE?

GOT THE BOTTOM HALF LOL.

BLACK COATED ALPHA KHAKIS AND LUNARGRAND LEATHER WINGTIP. BLACK W WHITE SOLE
posted previously, but why not . . .blue velvet blazer, black pants, black bow tie, black pocket square embelished with flowers, blue suede dress slippers. Now I just have to get my friends to wear something decent instead of ill fitting vests with shirt/tie in a pack combo . . .

At $600, in my opinion go for a half canvassed suit at least. I'm not sure if RL or DKNY is Half-canvassed or fused at that price point.

To the OP:

The other option if you can afford to wait 3-4 weeks for it is going the Thick As Thieves route. Their website isn't great but they produce really great suits. Most of the suits you see Wis (wj4) and Adrian (Pinoy732) are made by them. You have to measure yourself or if you are in LA they will measure you. I believe they start at $480 and max out at about $600. Best part they are fully canvassed suits. It is extremely difficult to find fully canvassed suits at that price. Although you may have through look through a few of their pages here just on their first page along I saw variations of light grey. I'm sure you can find a gray option that can fit what you want.

Agreed. TesmMTM :lol:

Hmm I have to try that… yes lots of compliments indeed

Yeah, tucking in the pocket flaps really shows how tapered the coat is from the side. I assume you have an athletic build (the coat is cut for people with athletic builds), so when you tuck in the pocket flaps, you can see a nice curved shape on the sides.

I pop the collar and button the middle as well. Really makes it stand out. chest pockets are great as well. I bought my coat for a steal too. Got it for around $120.

I miss Niidawg and RFX...wonder why they don't post in this thread anymore...always loved seeing their pickups/fits

HIs fits...I mean

Recent camo hiatus aside, RFX has been posting at the same frequency as usual, fits and all.

Nii has a blog.

I don't mind outfit pics in this thread, I think they are great. I wouldn't say I miss them when posters take a break and go on hiatus, :lol:

#dbnt... all the guys your are "missing" are on IG and they post their pictures there. Great platform for that type of thing. IG and Tumblr will lead you to non-NT'ers that'll give you tons of ideas.

Anyone know of any nice black blazers/suit jackets for a retail environment? I have this slim fit H&M one (for $40, and its not bad honestly) and I wear it nearly everyday. I need something new in my rotation. Budget is about $200, though I could spend more just cause id wear it 3-5 times a week.

Zara has some nice stuff but cotdamn do they fit tight at times. They had this textured one, kind of like a rough cotton, it looked nice, and was going to cop but didnt know if it is a fashion no no to have different material jacket and pants (for all black anyway).

does Thieves do wider lapels?
Jason is skinhead and mod inspired. I doubt he will go wider than 3.5 in.

HIs fits...I mean
Who here remembers when RFX used to post menswear inspired outfits from the OG thread? :pimp:

Nii is busy with work and all. The thread is a let down sometimes especially to those who contribute regularly with trolls and others trying to get some lolz.

Anyone know of any nice black blazers/suit jackets for a retail environment? I have this slim fit H&M one (for $40, and its not bad honestly) and I wear it nearly everyday. I need something new in my rotation. Budget is about $200, though I could spend more just cause id wear it 3-5 times a week.

Zara has some nice stuff but cotdamn do they fit tight at times. They had this textured one, kind of like a rough cotton, it looked nice, and was going to cop but didnt know if it is a fashion no no to have different material jacket and pants (for all black anyway).
There's a black velvet tuxedo jacket on J. Crew that is nice. I think retail is about $200.

There's a black velvet tuxedo jacket on J. Crew that is nice. I think retail is about $200.

i should have copped that one-button shawl lapel velvet ludlow they had last year.

Back
Top Bottom