Dressing Better Vol 2.0

omgitswaves,

If you like 1901, you'll love some of the stuff for Spring, all the way to Fall '14. Just some amazing stuff for the price. Great online exclusive colorways too.

Has anyone ever used Jos. A Bank for tailoring?

I need to get a suit tailored and honestly have no idea where to go around where I am? Are they pricey? What is the Turn around time?

I will probably post some pics so you guys can see it and tell me that I definitely need to get this suit tailored because I need the reassurance. But the sleeves and the pants are too long which is not a good look.

But in regards to my two questions above  PLEASE RESPOND!

I feel like I'd rather order a sewing machine off Amazon, watch a bunch of YouTube videos on tailoring and dedicate my life to that suit before bringing it to Jos A Bank.

Kidding, of course.  I'm sure JAB isn't that bad but I'm also sure you can do better.  

Last edited:
Wild. The elites popped into my head when I first read it, but I wasn't expecting that. Homie even threw on the argyle socks to boot. :wow:
Brillant idea came to mind. I see kids rocking socks with images of rappers and ball players printed on them. I'm finna get some white cashmere knee high dress socks and print pictures of historical presidents and fashion icons :pimp:

Why not google local tailors? I ain't eem know if jos a bank will tailor non jos a bank stuff
tthers got to be a dry cleaner nearby
Yeah but can you you really trust them with something like that?

Also can someone post some pictures themselves in suits so I can get a good idea of where to the legs and how far to bring up the sleeves?

Again please respond

Last edited:
Yeah but can you you really trust them with something like that?

Also can someone post some pictures themselves in suits so I can get a good idea of where to the legs and how far to bring up the sleeves?

Again please respond
It's all preference and it depends on the footwear, ie pants may be shorter if you plan on wearing with dress boots. I have pants that are high water to ones with slight break.

The same goes for the jacket. Some don't want shirt sleeve to be seen at all while others prefer a quarter or half an inch or maybe even a full inch of shirt to be seen.

Bruh. My tailor is so dope that hella NTers have hit me up about heading there themselves. So far, two have gone. Hell, the doc just went last week.

He's a dry cleaner as well...

Tailors are a hit and miss. It is a very shady business, lots of crooks and liars. People like Pinoy732 are lucky to have someone they trust.

You can gauge the competency just by talking to them. When I picked mine I brought a shirt for a simple job.

The really good tailors do custom jobs as well. Another great way is to ask on SF for suggestions of nearby tailors.

Tailors are a hit and miss. It is a very shady business, lots of crooks and liars. People like Pinoy732 are lucky to have someone they trust.
Surprised to hear that about crooks and liars.  If anything, from my experience some just aren't very competent/skilled. 

Surprised to hear that about crooks and liars.  If anything, from my experience some just aren't very competent/skilled. 
Likewise. The ones I've met are all nice even though they may not do the best job. But again, I'm in a large city.

As for image of suits:

Length's for each trouser is slightly different depending on how I wanted them to fit, just as Wis had explained earlier. I suppose slight break is best if this is your only suit. However, to each his own pleighboi

So I just left Nordstrom. Ordered the double monks by 1901 on sight. Well worth the $100. They are selling fast. Didn't have my size in stock.

Bruh. My tailor is so dope that hella NTers have hit me up about heading there themselves. So far, two have gone. Hell, the doc just went last week.

He's a dry cleaner as well...
i gotta pick my suit up sometime this week when i'm free

Just bought the Sketchers Cole Haan knock-offs for under 50$. The quality looks ok for the price. Gonna rock em tomorrow and come up with more feedback

Back
Top Bottom