Dressing Better Vol 2.0

How should topcoats fit? I'm a 38r in my sports coats and Blazers, should I stick with 38r or go up to 39r for layering? (Specifically jcrew)
I had this exact discussion with Adrian a month ago in this thread.

My recommendation is to size up one. I tried on my older topcoats that were the same size as my suits and they're just too snug. As long as the shoulders fit comfortably, it should be good.

depends how much give is in the coat.  most top coats are fitted accordingly so your normal size is already fitted a little looser than your suit jacket

i personally i have two coats. i have a more expensive that is wool and cashmere. i only use it on nicer occasions and it fits like a normal topcoat so i can wear it over my suit jacket.

I have a second coat that is slimmer fitting that i can only wear thin layers with. I use this on a day to day basis for casual occasions where i really just wear a shirt/tshirt under.  This one is also a lot less expensive and it is just a wool blend so I'm not afraid for it to get damaged or dirty. This particularly works well because I live in houston and that one coat layer is all you really need on most occasions to keep warm down here.  

jeans tshirt overcoat and some nice shoes tends to be my outfit on a lot of occasions when i go out in the winter. 

this also allows me to look a little more dressed up on casual occasions and makes it very easy to put a nice look together without trying too hard at all.

Last edited:
Can someone explain this outfit? Not really into fashion but always thought Ye had nice style. He wore this to his own fashion event? It's almost like anti-fashion to me.

Kanye-West-Yeezy-Season-3-MSG-7-640x960.jpg
Google Normcore

About to run into Macys after work to hit up their Presidents day sale.... 

Is Ralph dot com the only online spot to cop RRL jeans? I feel like i have been sleeping on them and need to step my game up... but i have no idea as to fit, i searched for brick and mortar locations and only saw CA and NY... I typically wear J Crew 484 jeans ..... any tips on making the switch to the RRL joints? 

I appreciate the help ... and do RRL jeans always run + 300 a pop? 

posted this in the Lo thread but wanted your feedback as well

anybody here try the new banana republic shirt fits? they got rid of the slim/tailored slim now its just Camden and grant fit can anyone comment on how they fit compared to the old fits
Camden is one inch wider than the slim fit.  The Grant is the same as the Tailored slim. 

Quick and dirty pictures of the Story Et Fall boots I received last week. These pictures were taken from an iPhone 6 and are unedited. A friend of mine wanted to see how tall the shaft sits so here are some pictures.

Nice, they look solid. Still low key hunting a good grey/black washed pair. Might go with some Acne's

Nice, they look solid. Still low key hunting a good grey/black washed pair. Might go with some Acne's
I would've got some for the team if there were any others. This was the only pair left and it was marked down to like $50ish. Will be on the look out for you.

Was honestly looking at purchasing some acne's too at that wash but topman had ones try the stretch skinny fit I'm a 28-29 waist but mines are a 31 I think to accommodate my legs the taper is 15cm so it's perfect off the rack

I have huge thighs, and I prefer a high-waisted denim with a skinny bottom. I often have to do custom jeans or have my tailor reconstruct mine. 

I would've got some for the team if there were any others. This was the only pair left and it was marked down to like $50ish. Will be on the look out for you.
You supposed to send me link, you don't need any clothes.  Whole closet of unworn items 
indifferent.gif

About to run into Macys after work to hit up their Presidents day sale.... 

Is Ralph dot com the only online spot to cop RRL jeans? I feel like i have been sleeping on them and need to step my game up... but i have no idea as to fit, i searched for brick and mortar locations and only saw CA and NY... I typically wear J Crew 484 jeans ..... any tips on making the switch to the RRL joints? 

I appreciate the help ... and do RRL jeans always run + 300 a pop? 

posted this in the Lo thread but wanted your feedback as well
You can buy RRL jeans at Unionmade, Endclothing, Stag provisions, Fransboonestore and Mr Porter. RRL jeans always go on sale you just have to wait it out. I have over 12 pairs and I have bought pretty much all of them with at least 40% off  There is  a member on NT who can hook you up with a 25% discount. RRL slim narrow are comparable to J Crew 484. They are a slim fit jean with an aggressive taper. I have a pair of the Wallace and Barnes raw selvedge pair in 32x 34 and they fit like my slim Narrow in 33x 34. RRL strong point is there washed denim. IMO

Quick and dirty pictures of the Story Et Fall boots I received last week. These pictures were taken from an iPhone 6 and are unedited. A friend of mine wanted to see how tall the shaft sits so here are some pictures.

those are tough. are they the walnut jodhpurs?

Back
Top Bottom