Dressing Better Vol 2.0

my boy getting married next week , he wants everyone to wear all black , and have the nerve to try get us to buy these tux shoes
2FEA09F1-B0E1-40E3-ABE9-6EAECCF34AFD.jpeg
I had to buy the same exact shoe for a wedding I was in a few weeks ago. I ended up wearing my own shoes which look 10 times better. Not one damn was given.

I had to buy the same exact shoe for a wedding I was in a few weeks ago. I ended up wearing my own shoes which look 10 times better. Not one damn was given.

He’s gonna be mad but I’m bringing my own tux shoes , I don’t see the point honestly. Who’s gonna look down and figure out that we all have matching shoes . I wouldn’t be surprised if one of my boys pulled up in some loafers .

The lesson I learned was to never accept being a groomsman for someone you're not comfortable roasting into oblivion for suggesting such disgusting ideas

I learned that lesson in the last wedding i was in, told myself I'd never be a groomsman again. Only wearing my own suits, not some rented pos.

some of you guys are horrible groomsmen lol. It’s ya boy’s day and y’all should be trying to make it less stressful for him; not more. It may seem trivial but you never know what kind of shots the photographer wants. What if the groom/photographer wants the typical shot of all the gmen’s shoes?

Yo long time guys I cleaned my closet out today got a whole pile of stuff going to goodwill. found a couple jackets I haven’t worn in a couple years that I may try to sell before donating. If anyone is interested this is John Elliott Bogota Bomber from the OG release in olive and the Uniqlo x J+ overcoat. Both size S would be glad to hook either or both up for a good price. Only wore them a couple times each. Pretty much brand new.

image.jpg

Actually there is some other pretty good stuff here in this pile the thread may be interested in. most of it is heavily worn/shrunk a little because I have a bad habit of throwing stuff in the dryer when it says hang dry only but if you are size XS/S or XS/S/28 pants some this stuff might work for ya.
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg

Kinda I have been best man twice.

And I wouldn't want to do that again or be a groomsman. Jw what's a soft way to decline lol

No - sorry I meant do you know what you would have to do specific to this wedding?

For instance, my groomsmen are doing nothing. Showing up in some same color suit that makes sense that they all have and some sort of pics. Only having 4 and no best man because it’s all stupid to me.

Just say you feel uncomfortable being in the spotlight because the day is about you two.

Last edited:
No - sorry I meant do you know what you would have to do specific to this wedding?

For instance, my groomsmen are doing nothing. Showing up in some same color suit that makes sense that they all have and some sort of pics. Only having 4 and no best man because it’s all stupid to me.

Just say you feel uncomfortable being in the spotlight because the day isn’t about you two.

Can you talk about this no best man situation? I always joked that I would be my own best man for my wedding.

Can you talk about this no best man situation? I always joked that I would be my own best man for my wedding.

Sure - fiancé and I got engaged in October. It’s hard enough choosing a “best friend” and at the end of the day the relationship is between us - we need to make it work one way or another.

I’m also big on not making my friends spend money on me. Making them rent a specific colored suit is ridiculous.

I was the best man a few years back and have been in 2 other weddings - I know the pain of having to go get fitted for a specific colored suit and all the things that go into that. I’m good on making my boys do that. It’s also stupid when photos come out and you got all these people standing next to you who probably won’t be in your life in 10 years. Keeping our party small with people who have been in our life for over 10 years.

nako xl nako xl you welcome b

Back
Top Bottom