Dressing better

Originally Posted by DJprestige21

cool-cats-sebago-club-75-docksides.jpg

Real talk, these are too damn fly.
However...at €165.00, they can keep 'em. 
sick.gif

Originally Posted by shoemasta72

Originally Posted by DJprestige21

Real talk, these are too damn fly.
However...at €165.00, they can keep 'em. 
sick.gif
For real. Retail or maybe like $125 these would have been purchased already. Not messing with $220+ for them.

Originally Posted by got shoes

Originally Posted by ooIRON MANoo

Originally Posted by JPioneer

I'd say that suit is just simply too big for you.
Basically.  Pants could've been tapered and the suit could've been taken in just a tad.

Where you fat before?  Looks like a suit someone would rock after they lost some weight.
laugh.gif
been slim all my life, probably bought the suit too big. Had if for a few years, during the not so "dressing better" era for for me. Thanks for your input
Couple things:
shirt collar is too big, the shoulders are too big on the jacket, yes the jacket is too long and way too big for you. the pants get them tapered a bit, length looks good and the shoes are really nice i think. 

I've always seen this thread but never came in.  I shoulda been in here from the jump 
pimp.gif

246736_765930247494_1300310_38568421_5254869_n.jpg

Glasses - Carrera
Shirt - Polo
Belt - Cole Haan
Shorts - Polo
Drivers - Tod's

59797_661623868314_1300310_37527593_3967964_n.jpg

Got these for my birthday last September and just ordered them in black.  They run about a size big, so keep that in mind if you think of buying.

60303_661624332384_1300310_37527615_4800733_n.jpg

Shirt + Blazer - Michael Kors
Jeans - 7 for All Mankind

Originally Posted by sarteaga0408

Originally Posted by got shoes

Originally Posted by ooIRON MANoo

Basically.  Pants could've been tapered and the suit could've been taken in just a tad.

Where you fat before?  Looks like a suit someone would rock after they lost some weight.
laugh.gif
been slim all my life, probably bought the suit too big. Had if for a few years, during the not so "dressing better" era for for me. Thanks for your input
Couple things:
shirt collar is too big, the shoulders are too big on the jacket, yes the jacket is too long and way too big for you. the pants get them tapered a bit, length looks good and the shoes are really nice i think. 
thanks for all the advice, after looking at the actual pics i can see i need to do a lot of work. Funny thing is that i did get pants tapered
laugh.gif
. Ultimately i might just buy another suit anyway

Originally Posted by ksteezy

yesterday for mother's day

thinking this is how ima do it up in Miami this weekend for the club, wanted to get a suit but i wont have time to get it tailored and don't really want to drop 500$ for the ludlow
ohwell.gif
Info on the pants? 
nerd.gif

Originally Posted by LESGodSonC0

Need some help ya'll...if any NYC NT'ers can chime in, that'd be much appreciated.

Going out to 2 club/lounges this weekend. Me being a strictly Sneaker guy, I don't have any shoes. Both places....Sneakers aren't allowed.

Short notice and I don't have a ton of cash to spend at the moment, can ya'll point out some suggestions? Shoes that look good with both slacks AND jeans, and if possible...somewhere in the $100 and lower range.

I have a Zara and an Aldo right next to my job, and 5th ave isn't that far off....how are both brands?

P.S. Gosling's outfit on the right
pimp.gif

tumblr_llm3y6JClP1qfo2iao1_500.png
I kinda wanna bite his entire outfit on the right.
Any suggestions on a tie for this fit?

Originally Posted by 10 Piece Nuggets

Originally Posted by Il

Anyone know what shirt this be and what kicks to match with it?

tumblr_llmq7vHUos1qb596fo1_500.jpg
Almost certain its GAP. I have thats very similar to or is that exact shirt from GAP.
Beeswax Clarks DB look very nice with that shirt and khakis.

It can also be the red chambray from Jcrew, not sure though since icant see the collar, it can also be from H&M as they have a similar shirt I bought the other day.If that's the Jcrew shirt, this is the same exact shirt in blue, a bit pricey but a very versatile and nice button up, anyways what's the rule on rolling up your chinos??...is there a specific height you shouldn't pass?

It's H&M. Jcrew doesnt have triple stiching in the shoulder area
aa647_IMG_1307.jpg

Originally Posted by calibeebee

Originally Posted by Il

Anyone know what shirt this be and what kicks to match with it?

tumblr_llmq7vHUos1qb596fo1_500.jpg
Almost certain its GAP. I have thats very similar to or is that exact shirt from GAP.

It can also be the red chambray from Jcrew, not sure though since icant see the collar, it can also be from H&M as they have a similar shirt I bought the other day.

If that's the Jcrew shirt, this is the same exact shirt in blue, a bit pricey but a very versatile and nice button up, anyways what's the rule on rolling up your chinos??...is there a specific height you shouldn't pass?

aa647_IMG_1307.jpg
Props bro. Is it still in stores? Couldn't find it online.

It was in store 2 weeks ago, purchased one, it's alot darker then the first picture posted for some reason.

It was in store 2 weeks ago, purchased one, it's alot darker then the first picture posted for some reason.
lucky, it wasn't in my store.  I hate that H&M doesn't have an online store in the U.S.  2 hour drive to the closest one for me
frown.gif

If it isn't too much of a hassle, can you snap a pic of it? head to toe would be good if you're up for it.

Originally Posted by Ricardo Malta

I've always seen this thread but never came in.  I shoulda been in here from the jump 
pimp.gif

Glasses - Carrera
Shirt - Polo
Belt - Cole Haan
Shorts - Polo
Drivers - Tod's
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

Originally Posted by Buscape

pimp.gif

Glasses - Carrera
Shirt - Polo
Belt - Cole Haan
Shorts - Polo
Drivers - Tod's
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
Other than the collar its not that bad of a fit.

Shut up, sit down.

pimp.gif

Glasses - Carrera
Shirt - Polo
Belt - Cole Haan
Shorts - Polo
Drivers - Tod's
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
Would you care to explain the humor in this pic as I fail to see it?
Fit is proper imo. Except for the popped collar, other than that its coo.

This isn't even about Dressing Better.. but Milan just won their first Scudetto in 7 years. Forza Milan!

tung1.jpg

tung5.jpg

zambro.jpg

Originally Posted by calibeebee

It can also be the red chambray from Jcrew, not sure though since icant see the collar, it can also be from H&M as they have a similar shirt I bought the other day.If that's the Jcrew shirt, this is the same exact shirt in blue, a bit pricey but a very versatile and nice button up, anyways what's the rule on rolling up your chinos??...is there a specific height you shouldn't pass?

The shirt looks pretty nice and is a good alternative to the j. crew one.  Probably fits better too.  I was dumb and almost bought the j. crew red chambray.  Even with a discount, I shouldn't be buying a casual shirt for $70.  
sick.gif

yesterday for mother's day

thinking this is how ima do it up in Miami this weekend for the club, wanted to get a suit but i wont have time to get it tailored and don't really want to drop 500$ for the ludlow
ohwell.gif
Ksteezy coming to Miami.. i gotta met this man.. ima be at LIV/Arkadia on Friday.......no %#+@

Originally Posted by Hendrix Watermelon

pimp.gif

Glasses - Carrera
Shirt - Polo
Belt - Cole Haan
Shorts - Polo
Drivers - Tod's
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
Would you care to explain the humor in this pic as I fail to see it?
Fit is proper imo. Except for the popped collar, other than that its coo.
I know a lot of this is personal taste but those shoes and shorts made me
sick.gif

pimp.gif

Glasses - Carrera
Shirt - Polo
Belt - Cole Haan
Shorts - Polo
Drivers - Tod's
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

Would you care to explain the humor in this pic as I fail to see it?Fit is proper imo. Except for the popped collar, other than that its coo.
The fit on those shorts is horrible, and the navy polo color that doesn't work with the bright colors in the shorts.
Polo brand shorts are made for guys with extremely slim builds so up-sizing is a must with most pairs.
A clean white oxford with the sleeves rolled and a canvas or silk belt would have been much better.

Madras is one of my favorite spring/summer patterns when it's done right.

Back
Top Bottom