Dressing better

Originally Posted by aceofjays

The AE factory store is at the Tanger Outlet in Mebane, NC.

streetballa, it is the heritage check poplin from lands end canvas and I didn't have to do anything to it.
laugh.gif
 Why did I think you were talking about Riverhead outlets the whole time ?? 

Thanks for the drop, just caught my pair shipped for $129.00 as well.  Perfect purchase to start the day!

Originally Posted by donjuan513

In Rome right now and this weak American dollar makes me not want to buy anything other than food. Seen a lot of great stuff in this 2 hours I've been here.

nice ty! one of the best things you can get there is free!

Where to look for soft, good fitting undershirts? I used to stock up on those Banana Republic "fitted vee" but its getting too expensive for undershirts. Any suggestions?

First time posted a pic in here, so here you go. Went to a wedding yesterday. Go ahead and critique, i'm thick skinned
happy.gif
. The more, they better i can step up my suit game.

I'm pretty tall. Pants are tailored, but from these pics they don't look like it
frown.gif
 My cat "Citrus" lurking in the background

Never got the jacket tailored
indifferent.gif
, and it feels too long.

Any advice is welcomed
happy.gif

Originally Posted by JPioneer

I'd say that suit is just simply too big for you.
Basically.  Pants could've been tapered and the suit could've been taken in just a tad.

Where you fat before?  Looks like a suit someone would rock after they lost some weight.

Originally Posted by ooIRON MANoo

Originally Posted by JPioneer

I'd say that suit is just simply too big for you.
Basically.  Pants could've been tapered and the suit could've been taken in just a tad.

Where you fat before?  Looks like a suit someone would rock after they lost some weight.
laugh.gif
been slim all my life, probably bought the suit too big. Had if for a few years, during the not so "dressing better" era for for me. Thanks for your input

Originally Posted by got shoes

First time posted a pic in here, so here you go. Went to a wedding yesterday. Go ahead and critique, i'm thick skinned
happy.gif

I'm pretty tall. Pants are tailored, but from these pics they don't look like it
frown.gif

indifferent.gif
, and it feels too long.

Any advice is welcomed
happy.gif

On some "NBA players who is injured and is forced to wear a suit" steez... everything is too big.

The best option would be to buy a new suit that fits somewhat decent off the rack and go from there.

The shoes look decent, though.

Went to Uniqlo today. About 100,000 others had the same idea. Their suits were
sick.gif
but got a few shirts and such. Guess I'll be headed to JCrew for the Ludlow in khaki or grey.

Also, that suit makes you look at least 35 pounds heavier than what you really weigh.

Does anybody have those GQ transformation pictures of average Joes?

Originally Posted by Murray497

sick.gif
but got a few shirts and such. Guess I'll be headed to JCrew for the Ludlow in khaki or grey.
I tried on the suits at Uniqlo the other day.  I thought the XS fit pretty well on me...it was a bit long though for my liking.
I went down a block to Topman and found that those suits fit much much much better though.  

Originally Posted by tony23retro

happy.gif

frown.gif

indifferent.gif
, and it feels too long.
Any advice is welcomed
happy.gif

On some "NBA players who is injured and is forced to wear a suit" steez... everything is too big.

The best option would be to buy a new suit that fits somewhat decent off the rack and go from there.

Had this for a minute, but i was thinking about buying a new suit anyway, cuz i felt this was not a good look
sick.gif

rsdplaya wrote:
What brand is that suit? And what is your height/weight?

Suit is from Macy's
tired.gif
 I'm 6'4 and about 185

Originally Posted by rsdplaya

Originally Posted by Murray497

sick.gif
I tried on the suits at Uniqlo the other day.  I thought the XS fit pretty well on me...it was a bit long though for my liking.
I went down a block to Topman and found that those suits fit much much much better though.  

wasn't as much the fit as it was the fabric and style. didn't look to good to me. i actually fit their clothes pretty well. their medium dress shirts fit me perfect.

Originally Posted by tony23retro

happy.gif

frown.gif

indifferent.gif
, and it feels too long.
Any advice is welcomed
happy.gif

Had this for a minute, but i was thinking about buying a new suit anyway, cuz i felt this was not a good look
sick.gif

rsdplaya wrote:
What brand is that suit? And what is your height/weight?

It might just be the pic, but the shoulders look way to big.  Everything else a tailor could more than likely fix, but the shoulders are a problem.  I paid about $90 to have one of my suits fully tailored that I bought too big. (pants tapered/hemmed/waist brought in jacket taken in and sleeves shortened).

happy.gif
Any advice is welcomed
happy.gif

there looks like there's at least a 2 inch gap between your neck and the collar.

Scooped up a CK suit at Burlington Coat Factory, it was cheap so I said +!$# it.  Tan summer suit, jacket was $89 and pants were $40.  Took a gamble, will take it to a tailor to see what damage he can do.

Someone with extensive suit knowledge and time should create a suit guide with price ranges and all that jazz.

I know my sizing and what to look for when buying a suit, but it's still overwhelming at times. 

yesterday for mother's day
5778999549_6db7af0cbb_b.jpg

thinking this is how ima do it up in Miami this weekend for the club, wanted to get a suit but i wont have time to get it tailored and don't really want to drop 500$ for the ludlow
ohwell.gif

Back
Top Bottom