Dressing better

Originally Posted by RedMan

Originally Posted by IJumpmanI

I have been a huge fan of this thread for a while now but I have been a bit weary to post any of my outfits. Well here goes nothing...

Info on the shoes?
I needed shoes for work so I went to Aldo. Not the fanciest shoes in the world but they get the job done.

http://www.aldoshoes.com/us/men/shoes/dress-lace-ups/82885526-bussard/22http://www.aldoshoes.com/us/men/shoes/dress-lace-ups/82885526-bussard/22

Originally Posted by PersiaFly

Originally Posted by oo206oo

Originally Posted by GUTTA BOB

u look sexy.

those shoes are similar to these kenneth coles i was gonna buy. 130 bones though.  are your shoes cheaper?
...so im the only one that thinks this whole suit looks like a mess?
No, it does. To me this is a perfect example of the new "trendy" cut suits that a lot of urban brands are putting out. The jackets are almost comically short, and the pants have a weird boot-cut type of shape to them. The suits fit well in some areas, but the jackets are usually so ridiculously short that it ruins the entire look, like here. 
Also the arm holes are cut to low for a slim cut like that, makes the shoulders look wider and causes the jacket to pull more than it should when buttoned.  My biggest problem with alot of the slimmer cut suits these days are the small lapels, take the J.Crew Ludlow for example, it is a nice suit with a good cut but the lapels are ridiculous on that thing.

Hi all,

Recently purchased this BB Fitzgerald 1818 Suit. Thoughts on fit/alterations? My untrained eye says: pants hemmed, sides taken in, and fix the pinching near the neck. Sorry for the huge pics. Thanks.

Originally Posted by niidawg3

Originally Posted by RFX45

Originally Posted by What up

Can a tapered leg opening be widened? (Jeans)
Nope. 
Doesnt it depend on how much fabric the tailor kept inside the seam?
For jeans, the tailor rarely leaves any extra denim because it's thicker than usual and it tends to just add extra bulk and makes it difficult to stitch/sew. That is also why some tailors charge more when working with denim.

bape-mcnairy-sperry-topsider-0.jpg

I think the bottom & left pair are dope.....

I kind of like the bottom pair. They're not as OD as the others, but still a modern twist on a classic-looking shoe.

I need some help, I will be going to Chelsea Prime in Atlantic City with my significant other sometime this month. Now the attire is dressy.

I need help on putting together a simple outfit, basically I'm looking for a dress shirt, tie, pants, shoes.

I already have in mind that I would like to wear a gingham shirt, possibly herringbone pants and possibly brown wingtips but I'm just having trouble putting together an outfit.

I would also love to go with a slim/skinny fit, any input would be greatly appreciated

Does anyone know what JT's glasses were on Bad Teacher?

ETNIA Barcelona?
Keating?

justintimberlakeglasses.jpg

Question:

If I get a pair of boot cut jeans that are a 34x34, could I get them tapered at a tailor and have them sized down to a 34x32 with more of a straight leg opening?

Originally Posted by Classy Freshman

Question:

If I get a pair of boot cut jeans that are a 34x34, could I get them tapered at a tailor and have them sized down to a 34x32 with more of a straight leg opening?

You could... but I've always held the opinion that altering bootcut jeans into a straight leg would make it look a bit off and awkward.  But that's not to say you couldn't do it.  I would just get them hemmed and leave them bootcut. 

Originally Posted by Animal Fries

Just a heads up to my NT fam.  If you guys are looking for a nice, stylish casual sneaker, I recommend the Gravis Arto LX. It's currently on sale on Jackthreads.com for 43.99.. they have size 10,11, and 12 left as of the time of my posting.  They also have other colorways like red and steel grey.  The LX on google shopping doesn't go lower than 80 bucks so I think it's a pretty hot deal.  If you guys do not have an account on Jackthreads, here's an invite link (my referral link), http://www.jackthreads.com/invite/raynardramos
gravis-arto____.jpg
Very nice shoe
pimp.gif

Other than speery, where can I find some nice looking boat shoes like the ones Vans has? Any other places for reasonable prices as well?

Back
Top Bottom