Dressing better

Originally Posted by aceofjays

Casual at work again, packing for a weekend in NYC.

Saturday & Sunday visiting family in The City; I love it.

Looking sharp, except the fit with the jacket. Just not feeling it for some reason. 
And for the person who asked, yes I think you can wear a sweather like the once Ace is wearing without a button down. 

I've done it with a well ironed white round neck shirt on the weekend. 

Originally Posted by UYBornAgain

So I have a question for my Niketalk family...

I have a wedding coming up and in general I need to step up my slim fit white shirts. I'm going for the "Mad men" look and wanted recommendations on white dress shirts. I feel like my currently collection isn't CRISP enough in the color space.

Here's the look I want:

Where should I go shopping? I'm willing to spend a considerable amount for quality since I'm now an adult
Brooks Brother's they're actually having a sale right now on dress shirts.
Which leads me to the reason why I came in here.

How slim are their slim shirts? I'm not trying to be busting out of it

I have a wedding coming up and in general I need to step up my slim fit white shirts. I'm going for the "Mad men" look and wanted recommendations on white dress shirts. I feel like my currently collection isn't CRISP enough in the color space.

Here's the look I want:

Where should I go shopping? I'm willing to spend a considerable amount for quality since I'm now an adult

Here's the look I want:

53.jpg

Why not go to a custom shop and have one tailor made to your specs?

Here's the look I want:

53.jpg

Why not go to a custom shop and have one tailor made to your specs?

Originally Posted by firered18

NT fambs, where can I find a pair of dark blue denim jeans (preferrably with selvedge) ? Im looking to pay in the $100 range...I like the slim straight fit...
If you live in NY, Uniqlo is having a deal on Japanese denim for $9.90.  Not sure if they're selvedge though.  Check out Unbranded denim found in Urban Outfitters.  I think they sell for around $70.
In reference to APC New Standards, they do have a tapered leg.  It may not look like it since the inseams are usually really long and people wear them with stacking.

Originally Posted by firered18

NT fambs, where can I find a pair of dark blue denim jeans (preferrably with selvedge) ? Im looking to pay in the $100 range...I like the slim straight fit...
If you live in NY, Uniqlo is having a deal on Japanese denim for $9.90.  Not sure if they're selvedge though.  Check out Unbranded denim found in Urban Outfitters.  I think they sell for around $70.
In reference to APC New Standards, they do have a tapered leg.  It may not look like it since the inseams are usually really long and people wear them with stacking.

Originally Posted by Mdotte

is there a brand that sells what would look like waist-length trench coats? i down want the jacket or coat to drop to the same length a usual trench would. Something Like This

2yzd79k.jpg

indifferent.gif

You really just going to post a pic without a brand or anything though?

is there a brand that sells what would look like waist-length trench coats? i down want the jacket or coat to drop to the same length a usual trench would. Something Like This

2yzd79k.jpg

indifferent.gif

Originally Posted by omgitswes

9.90?!?!?
I'm hoping that's a typo, or I'm jelly.
It's a promotion for their 2 new stores opening up.  One opened up last week and the other this week.
I would go and buy like 10 pairs but I already bought 3 pairs of jeans recently.  My RRL pair has been awesome so far 
smokin.gif

9.90?!?!?
It's a promotion for their 2 new stores opening up.  One opened up last week and the other this week.
I would go and buy like 10 pairs but I already bought 3 pairs of jeans recently.  My RRL pair has been awesome so far 
smokin.gif

Originally Posted by ShadyKay NT

2yzd79k.jpg

indifferent.gif

...he quoted himself with a pic of what he's looking for. I don't think he knows the brand.

Originally Posted by shogun

9.90?!?!?
smokin.gif

Damn, I wonder if I can order some from over the phone

I went into Uniqlo today; the whole place is crowded as hell and really difficult to move around in. Hopefully that dies down.

9.90?!?!?
smokin.gif
Wait, $9.90...really?!  And does that come with their tailoring service?  Because I know they tailor pants for free...

^
Yeah, look on the website.  It shows the promotion.  Not sure about the tailoring though.

Originally Posted by Pinoy732

Originally Posted by ThatsxMyxWord

Originally Posted by Pinoy732

few suggestions:
tuck shirt in, or get a sports shirt next time.

wear a more tapered pair of jeans.

socks with boat shoes...to each his own.

just my 2 cents 
ohwell.gif
lmao this is a sport shirt
I dnt tuck in my shirt with jeans unless I wear a sportcoat or sweater

these are apc new standards how much more tapered do you want them

your right to each his own its not 90 in the middle of summer nor am I wearing shorts
just saying my piece is all..
and if you think that those jeans are "tapered", i'd suggest you read the past 1400+ pages again

Whats a good tapered jean thats not skinny or extra slim?  I been going with the polo cortlandt but selection is limited.

Originally Posted by rsdplaya

9.90?!?!?
smokin.gif
Wait, $9.90...really?!  And does that come with their tailoring service?  Because I know they tailor pants for free...
From what I heard from friends, it's only the straight cut, not the t000 or the s001.
And only at the new stores I believe.

Some yeah formal coming up in a couple weeks. Well my girl said it's more of a semi formal so just a shirt and tie will be okay.
Do you guys think this shirt, paired with navy pants will look too uniformish?

Also was thinking about wearing some brown shoes with it too, and don't know what color tie I should get. I was thinking navy with either colored diagonal stripes or polka dots

http://www.brooksbrothers.com/IWCat..._Product_Id=1537417&default_color=Light-blue#

Originally Posted by ShadyKay NT

2yzd79k.jpg

indifferent.gif

brand doesnt matter...just looking for a brand that sells similar jackets.
tired.gif

Here's the look I want:

What sale is going on? I saw the 3 for $219 but that is the usually sale from my understanding. If you post your size we might be able to help for sizing. An extra slim fits a 148LB and 5'7 guy for perspective.

Back
Top Bottom